McNairy At Harpeth

LetMeHearYA

A great finish to a pretty sloppy game in a lot of ways. No lead was safe. McNairy let the air out of the ball a little early I thought and Harpeth forced the issue a little when they had the lead and needed to run clock.

Great call by Coach Wilson on the inbounds play with 2.6 that gave Harpeth an opportunity to make a play to send it to OT and then drawing up an in bounds play I haven't seen all year to win it with 1.7. Horkins put a length of the floor pass in a pretty decent spot on the first pass and Giltner executed and knocked down the three, but I don't think there was a soul in the building that would have laid money on getting that clean of a look with 1.7 seconds left. Harpeth players need to give the ole ball coach a pat on the back for this one. He earned every bit of that supplement in less than 3 seconds. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Congratulations to the Indians and to the McNairy Central Bobcats who played a heck of a game as well. That was a heartbreaker for them and they played very well.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know. I think you play your way into hosting a first round regional game and what's so 'neutral' about driving and hour and a half to Lexington or Cheatham on a rotation? It's fair and makes financial sense to have games hosted by the top seeds from the district tournament. That puts a premium on playing well at tournament time and rewards those that do so. Playing the semi's and finals on a neutral site is fair because a decision doesn't have to be made on who the most deserving team is. Region winners are again rewarded at sectional and then everybody goes to state to a neutral court again. I think that's about as fair as it can be while rewarding teams for how they do at district tournaments which are not held on a neutral court for one team.

I'll take it as a compliment that the Harpeth home crowd might have had a hand in their victory. The truth of the matter is that the turnout wasn't great and they sat on their hands for most of the game (for good reason I might add). The in county games with Cheatham and Sycamore are often standing room only and both sides never sit down.

I haven't read this whole tread...but for what it's worth. I saw Harpeth and Sycamore both last year. Harpeth twice and Sycamore once. Harpeth should beat Mcnairy because it's at home ( I wouldn't count McNairy out though) and they have the kid I call Larry Bird (I think his name is Giltner) and a point guard that is also really good (can't remember his name) taht can jump out of the gym. As for Sycamore....I was not at all impressed with them. I thought Harpeth was well coached and a gritty team..I cannot say the same for Sycamore. I'm not from that area...from West TN 12AA. I wanted so bad to go to Harpeth this season and watch Harpeth vs Sycamore rivalry...but I couldn't make it. Larry Bird (didn't he commit to Wofford) will be the xfactor in my opinon against Mcnairy County. McNairy has two pretty good players in Logan Chapell and Jermeal Bingham..the point guard is not that good (he is the coaches son). I will pull for Mcnairy but I don't see them pulling this game out being on the road.

I haven't read this whole tread...but for what it's worth. I saw Harpeth and Sycamore both last year. Harpeth twice and Sycamore once. Harpeth should beat Mcnairy because it's at home ( I wouldn't count McNairy out though) and they have the kid I call Larry Bird (I think his name is Giltner) and a point guard that is also really good (can't remember his name) taht can jump out of the gym. As for Sycamore....I was not at all impressed with them. I thought Harpeth was well coached and a gritty team..I cannot say the same for Sycamore. I'm not from that area...from West TN 12AA. I wanted so bad to go to Harpeth this season and watch Harpeth vs Sycamore rivalry...but I couldn't make it. Larry Bird (didn't he commit to Wofford) will be the xfactor in my opinon against Mcnairy County. McNairy has two pretty good players in Logan Chapell and Jermeal Bingham..the point guard is not that good (he is the coaches son). I will pull for Mcnairy but I don't see them pulling this game out being on the road.

Looks like I posted to late. I haven't checked the paper or any scores today. I am so pumped for the Memphis UT game..everything else has been put on the back burner. Except for CoachT of course. I guess I made myself look like a fool...Oh well

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> No problem yankee. A pretty good scouting report as it turns out. The Wofford signee hit for 25 and the kid that jumps out of the gym scored 28. It was an exciting game. McNairy played very well I thought.

Just out of curiosity...What's you opinion of the McNairy point guard ( the coaches son). I don't think he's that good.