Waverly versus Bolivar

papatiger

/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> So you're saying that Waverly's admin never asked for the games to be played on the same night? Didn't make a phone call? I'm going to bet that they did.

It's just a courtesy that ought to be extended. Coaching 2 teams sounds like a pretty good excuse, but they played practically every regular season game on the same nights. On the surface it does sound like it's about money and since the gate goes mostly to TSSAA, then concessions is the only area where Bolivar can really make any money. I'm more likely to spend more money at a 2 game event than if there is only one. There will also be a pretty good percentage of Waverly fans that will only make one of the trips.

I don't see a good reason for not accommodating Waverly. Harpeth is pumped about having both games at home on the same night. Truth be known, I'd have a hard time forking out $15 for 3 of us to go to the girls game on Friday and again for the boys game on Saturday.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waverly tried to help curb expenses by asking Bolivar to play both games on Friday. Bolivar refused. Then Bolivar had the gall to call back and ask if the boys game could be moved to 4 pm. The coach agreed even though IMO he shouldn't have since they wouldn't help us out and the reason they wanted to change was to watch the UT/Memphis game.

SO WAVERLY FANS, WE HAVE TO PAY DOUBLE GAS, SO DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THE CONCESSION STAND EITHER NIGHT!!!!!!

PASS THE WORD.

PULL THE UPSET WAVERLY!

Two Words, CAR POOL

The only reason you want to boycott Bolivar, is beacause Bolivar is a minority school. So what if you have to drive twice. We had to drive on Thursday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, AND Wensday to Lexington. A combined total of 750 miles. stink IT UP AND DRIVE. Seriously people, your panies in a wad over 420 miles. I don't know if you guys teach MATH in Waverly, but 750 > 420

BTW

( > means more than)

Parents, shouldn't you be a little more supportive of your children????? I mean, who cares if you are going to miss the first half of the Memphis vs. Tennessee game???? Isn't seeing your children playing in the district tournament enough?????

GO B-TOWN TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REGIONAL CHAMPS '08!!!!!!!!!!

Two Words, CAR POOL

The only reason you want to boycott Bolivar, is beacause Bolivar is a minority school. So what if you have to drive twice. We had to drive on Thursday, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, AND Wensday to Lexington. A combined total of 750 miles. stink IT UP AND DRIVE. Seriously people, your panies in a wad over 420 miles. I don't know if you guys teach MATH in Waverly, but 750 > 420

BTW

( > means more than)

Parents, shouldn't you be a little more supportive of your children????? I mean, who cares if you are going to miss the first half of the Memphis vs. Tennessee game???? Isn't seeing your children playing in the district tournament enough?????

GO B-TOWN TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REGIONAL CHAMPS '08!!!!!!!!!!

The parents will carpool. The problem is the money the schools will be out of having to take buses both nights when it could all be done in one. Like McNairy and Harpeth are doing. Maybe your school has plenty of money to throw out a window on bus fuel and bus drivers.(Which I actually doubt. I don't know of many athletic programs that have money like that.) Waverly does not get extra funding for having to drive busses and pay bus drivers for athletic trips. This comes from the athletic money that has been raised. It has NOTHING to do with Bolivar being a minority school either. So don't make this a racial issue.

We traveled to cheatham county all the same nights that you guys had to travele. Which is another 120-140 miles round trip each night for us. So you haven't made any more trips than we have. Everybody has had to travel to some extent. It just would have been appreciated if the school would have been considerate enough to think of the money the SCHOOL is going to be out of by having to come both nights. THat's the issue.

We aren't the ones who care about missing the Tennessee/Memphis game you are the one that ask for that change not us.

The parents will carpool. The problem is the money the schools will be out of having to take buses both nights when it could all be done in one. Like McNairy and Harpeth are doing. Maybe your school has plenty of money to throw out a window on bus fuel and bus drivers.(Which I actually doubt. I don't know of many athletic programs that have money like that.) Waverly does not get extra funding for having to drive busses and pay bus drivers for athletic trips. This comes from the athletic money that has been raised. It has NOTHING to do with Bolivar being a minority school either. So don't make this a racial issue.

We traveled to cheatham county all the same nights that you guys had to travele. Which is another 120-140 miles round trip each night for us. So you haven't made any more trips than we have. Everybody has had to travel to some extent. It just would have been appreciated if the school would have been considerate enough to think of the money the SCHOOL is going to be out of by having to come both nights. THat's the issue.

We aren't the ones who care about missing the Tennessee/Memphis game you are the one that ask for that change not us.

No one is talking about money, but you guys, so stop complaining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I like that name, Tigermom. I am a tiger mom also. I got one question. Do you work on the budget committee for the school district? Are the parents going into their pockets to put fuel in the buses? I dont understand why y'all are worried about the fuel in the buses. Our bus drivers are teachers at the school and are probably thrilled to drive the District 12AA Champions Girls and Boys to any destination. Are there not any teachers at Waverly that can drive buses? Once again, WIN YOUR GAMES AND YOU CAN PLAY AT HOME TOO! Oh, by the way, I dont think we are a minority school. You made the statement, "Everybody has to travel." When Waverly get 2 High Profile Players that plays in a BIG GAME, you will feel the same way.

No one is talking about money, but you guys, so stop complaining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is going too far. It was only a matter of being considerate of another school helping them out with their finances and to help the parents who have driven like your parents many, many miles to support their kids. Why not help out? Waverly would have helped you and Harpeth is helping McNairy. That's the only point anyone including myself is making.

All four teams want to advance. Only two can. you have the advantage of playing at home. Do you guys not believe in helping others?

I hope that this is a good clean game and good luck to Bolivar and Go Waverly!!!

I'll be there both nights.

Hey, I like that name, Tigermom. I am a tiger mom also. I got one question. Do you work on the budget committee for the school district? Are the parents going into their pockets to put fuel in the buses? I dont understand why y'all are worried about the fuel in the buses. Our bus drivers are teachers at the school and are probably thrilled to drive the District 12AA Champions Girls and Boys to any destination. Are there not any teachers at Waverly that can drive buses? Once again, WIN YOUR GAMES AND YOU CAN PLAY AT HOME TOO! Oh, by the way, I dont think we are a minority school. You made the statement, "Everybody has to travel." When Waverly get 2 High Profile Players that plays in a BIG GAME, you will feel the same way.

As a matter of fact I do know how our athletic program is funded and it is not by the school it is by our athletic boosters which I am a memeber of. So yes the parents do go into their pocket to put fuel in the buses because of the membership dues and the fundraising that we do to make the money to pay for bus transportation. And no our teachers don't drive the busses. We have to pay mileage and driver for each bus that is taken. I don't know if you are a minority school or not that was a statement one of your supporters made. That's right "Everybody has to travel" I made that statement because the same person that stated you were a minority school was making the statement you had to travel to Lexington all the days last week. We had to travel to. So "Everybody has to travel."

Quote:

"When Waverly get 2 High Profile Players that plays in a BIG GAME, you will feel the same way."

I don't have a clue what you are even talking about with this statement unless you have 2 guys from Bolivar playing in the Tn/Memphis game and if you do that's great. You still could have played both games on Friday night and been able to watch the game on Saturday.

First of all, the bus trips are paid out of the Booster Club and it comes out of the parents pockets that way. No we don't have teachers who drive. In fact we aren't going to have a bus tonight because of such issues.

And the minority statement came from one of your people. Look above Gingahfro. I have no idea what race anybody is that plays and it don't matter to me, we are all God's people.

Oh my gosh! PapaTiger strikes again. Here are the facts. Would it have been nice to play both games on one night? yes. But they didnt want to. Their home game, their decision. The game was changed to 4:00 before the talk of the games played on both nights was even brought up. PapaTiger, whoever your source is, is about as unreliable as you are. You are really doing Waverly a great service by this thread when you dont even know what really took place. Im sure if I were coach Kevin I would really like to give Bolivar an incentive to be more fired up! Go away please!!!

First of all, the bus trips are paid out of the Booster Club and it comes out of the parents pockets that way. No we don't have teachers who drive. In fact we aren't going to have a bus tonight because of such issues.

And the minority statement came from one of your people. Look above Gingahfro. I have no idea what race anybody is that plays and it don't matter to me, we are all God's people.

Once again PapaTiger. The school pays buses. Not the booster club. Your facts are crap and you write for the paper. I will ask again, please go away! Bolivar, this should give you an insight to who started this thread and his credibility! Go ahead papa, what will you start next!

Oh my gosh! PapaTiger strikes again. Here are the facts. Would it have been nice to play both games on one night? yes. But they didnt want to. Their home game, their decision. The game was changed to 4:00 before the talk of the games played on both nights was even brought up. PapaTiger, whoever your source is, is about as unreliable as you are. You are really doing Waverly a great service by this thread when you dont even know what really took place. Im sure if I were coach Kevin I would really like to give Bolivar an incentive to be more fired up! Go away please!!!

Same to you wannabe Coach S.H.!!!!!!!!! Nothing on this page is firing any team up. If it is, so be it, emotion doesn't last long. And if you were a real fan of Waverly, you would be just as incensed. And my source is a coach at Waverly Central. So be it.

Once again PapaTiger. The school pays buses. Not the booster club. Your facts are crap and you write for the paper. I will ask again, please go away! Bolivar, this should give you an insight to who started this thread and his credibility! Go ahead papa, what will you start next!

NO THE SCHOOL DOESN'T HAVE A BUDGET FOR THAT. Go back to Florida.