Waverly versus Bolivar

papatiger

Where do you think the athletic funds come from? It's not the school system. At least in Waverly it's not. Because that is an issue we argue with our school administration about constantly. The athletic funds come from the Booster club fundraisers and members dues. Maybe it's different where you come from and if your school system supports your athletic program like that you should be very proud because not all of us have that support.

I didnt say the school system paid. I said that the school pays out of athletic funds. The athletic funds may come partially from fundraisers and members dues and the booster club helps the athletic teams out but I will say it one more time, the buses are paid out of the school's athletic budget. This is 95% from tickets sold at the home ballgames, NOT booster club fundraisers. Now you can go back and say that well the tickets that are sold are paid for by parents too and you would be right. But the booster club does not pay for our school buses. Not arguing with you, just making sure you understand.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a bystander, please if you are from waverly shut your mouth and do like your name says....it doesnt matter right now, this is a ballgame ok...it is between the waverly central tigers and the bolivar central tigers...the buses are paid for by the booster clubs which i know because i am on the soccer team and nearly all the money from the booster club is focused toward football, our girls soccer team did not get to travel on buses because there wasn't the money set for them and i doubt our team will get them either...most of the money from the basketball tickets go into the lights, refs, concessions and other things like that...gas costs a lot now days and so do the drivers so lets not worry bout this stuff because it has nothing to do with the games...so now if everyone will clear their minds of the money situations and focus on a big game that will be played tomorrow the waverly tigers have really surprised many teams this season full of sophomores and a few juniors they will be looking to put an upset to a great bolivar team. it will be tough but can be done if we can take care of the ball, hit our shots and play some great defense...so its up to the guys in blue lets get em guys!! show them how 11aa basketball is played!! lets hope for a good clean game, should be good

just a bystander, please if you are from waverly shut your mouth and do like your name says....it doesnt matter right now, this is a ballgame ok...it is between the waverly central tigers and the bolivar central tigers...the buses are paid for by the booster clubs which i know because i am on the soccer team and nearly all the money from the booster club is focused toward football, our girls soccer team did not get to travel on buses because there wasn't the money set for them and i doubt our team will get them either...most of the money from the basketball tickets go into the lights, refs, concessions and other things like that...gas costs a lot now days and so do the drivers so lets not worry bout this stuff because it has nothing to do with the games...so now if everyone will clear their minds of the money situations and focus on a big game that will be played tomorrow the waverly tigers have really surprised many teams this season full of sophomores and a few juniors they will be looking to put an upset to a great bolivar team. it will be tough but can be done if we can take care of the ball, hit our shots and play some great defense...so its up to the guys in blue lets get em guys!! show them how 11aa basketball is played!! lets hope for a good clean game, should be good

Hey redneck. Stick to playing soccer because you obviously dont know either. Yeah this thread is stupid because of people that are ignorant of the truth. You are obviously one of them. Ask your coaches if you dont believe it. I will tell you like tigermom, although she seems to be a better fan than you, THEY ARE PAID FROM THE ATHLETIC BUDGET NOT THE BOOSTER CLUB. Again this comes from gate receipts. You say, "I know they are paid by the booster club because I play soccer?" So because you play soccer you know this? Ok, you and papa would make a good team. Oh an all of the money focuses towards football. Ok we are talking basketball. I am sorry your girls soccer players didnt get a bus. The golf team doesnt get a bus either. I will say it again soccer man. The buses are paid for out of gate receipts. SO before you start your redneck ,"hey shut your mouth stuff", get your facts straight. And again, if you dont believe it, go ask the basketball or football coaches and if you do, you will be the one shutting your mouth!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Bolivar underestimates Waverly and wins by 25... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Ok, HHS, what would that say about you guys then since you struggled to beat us the last time we played?

Hey redneck. Stick to playing soccer because you obviously dont know either. Yeah this thread is stupid because of people that are ignorant of the truth. You are obviously one of them. Ask your coaches if you dont believe it. I will tell you like tigermom, although she seems to be a better fan than you, THEY ARE PAID FROM THE ATHLETIC BUDGET NOT THE BOOSTER CLUB. Again this comes from gate receipts. You say, "I know they are paid by the booster club because I play soccer?" So because you play soccer you know this? Ok, you and papa would make a good team. Oh an all of the money focuses towards football. Ok we are talking basketball. I am sorry your girls soccer players didnt get a bus. The golf team doesnt get a bus either. I will say it again soccer man. The buses are paid for out of gate receipts. SO before you start your redneck ,"hey shut your mouth stuff", get your facts straight. And again, if you dont believe it, go ask the basketball or football coaches and if you do, you will be the one shutting your mouth!

We're not the wannabe coaches. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />