Waverly versus Bolivar

papatiger

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kudos to Waverly's coach, and some fans, by NOT agreeing with what a couple of Waverly fans were writing last week. Let's just say I know for a fact they weren't crazy about some of those posts. But that is now history.

As for Bolivar looking past anyone...if you think that, you don't know Coach Rudesill. For the first time in a couple of years, this team is hungry again. They want it very badly and are not foolish enough to be looking past any team they play.

If you think they're overlooking teams, you're fooling yourself.

and i see that bolivar beat Chester county by 8 recently

sycamore beat them by 29 and should have been worse the other night

oh and sycamore beat waverly by well more than 25...

From what I read, Sycamore also pressed them the whole game and played their starters for most of the game. Bolivar was up by 26 at the half and pulled their starters at halftime. I saw the last Bolivar/Chester CO game. THe reason why Bolivar only won by 8 is because they didn't play their top 2 players at the same time. Their shooter Reaves sat out all the 1st half and their big man Rhodes, who CHester Co couldn't stop, sat out almost all the 2nd half.

The past few years, we(12AA fans) told you how we would dominate the region tournament.The reason you guys didn't hear much from 12AA fans this year is because all of the 12AA fans knew the district was down. I figured if McNairy didn't beat Harpeth, 11AA would win 3 of the 4 games. But, just because the district is down doesn't mean Bolivar is down. To make statements like this, after Bolivar was region runner-up last year and returns everyone back except one player, that player didn't start by the way, is funny. Just because Bolivar don't beat down everybody as bad as you do doesn't mean anything. Whenever they start blowing people out, their coach does different things to teach his kids. Exampe: Playing without your top players in the line-up, he gets his kids prepared for future possiblities in case something unfortunate happens and is not worried about beating teams by 60 points.

Can Bolivar lose the game against Harpeth or the Region championship? Yes, anybody can lose on any given night. However, I figure T'fro's statement will be like the one's over the past few years when people were guranteeing beating Bolivar or Liberty, it's not going to happen.

From what I read, Sycamore also pressed them the whole game and played their starters for most of the game. Bolivar was up by 26 at the half and pulled their starters at halftime. I saw the last Bolivar/Chester CO game. THe reason why Bolivar only won by 8 is because they didn't play their top 2 players at the same time. Their shooter Reaves sat out all the 1st half and their big man Rhodes, who CHester Co couldn't stop, sat out almost all the 2nd half.

The past few years, we(12AA fans) told you how we would dominate the region tournament.The reason you guys didn't hear much from 12AA fans this year is because all of the 12AA fans knew the district was down. I figured if McNairy didn't beat Harpeth, 11AA would win 3 of the 4 games. But, just because the district is down doesn't mean Bolivar is down. To make statements like this, after Bolivar was region runner-up last year and returns everyone back except one player, that player didn't start by the way, is funny. Just because Bolivar don't beat down everybody as bad as you do doesn't mean anything. Whenever they start blowing people out, their coach does different things to teach his kids. Exampe: Playing without your top players in the line-up, he gets his kids prepared for future possiblities in case something unfortunate happens and is not worried about beating teams by 60 points.

Can Bolivar lose the game against Harpeth or the Region championship? Yes, anybody can lose on any given night. However, I figure T'fro's statement will be like the one's over the past few years when people were guranteeing beating Bolivar or Liberty, it's not going to happen.

Harpeth knows this game will be tough. Don't take what a sycamore fan says, and put that on Harpeth. Harpeth has a bitter taste in there mouth from last year losing to Bolivar after Harpeth had the game won. But the game is not just 3 quarters, and that hurt Harpeth last year. This game might be a good one. Just depends on what happens and who can play...

Kudos to Waverly's coach, and some fans, by NOT agreeing with what a couple of Waverly fans were writing last week. Let's just say I know for a fact they weren't crazy about some of those posts. But that is now history.

As for Bolivar looking past anyone...if you think that, you don't know Coach Rudesill. For the first time in a couple of years, this team is hungry again. They want it very badly and are not foolish enough to be looking past any team they play.

If you think they're overlooking teams, you're fooling yourself.

It was probably some of my posts. But do you see me crying or worried about it? No. My opinion is as good as theirs. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Harpeth knows this game will be tough. Don't take what a sycamore fan says, and put that on Harpeth. Harpeth has a bitter taste in there mouth from last year losing to Bolivar after Harpeth had the game won. But the game is not just 3 quarters, and that hurt Harpeth last year. This game might be a good one. Just depends on what happens and who can play...

Didn't mean for it to sound like I was putting it on Harpeth. I was just saying Bolivar can lose but like the posts in the past, in my opinion, Bolivar will win the region.

Didn't mean for it to sound like I was putting it on Harpeth. I was just saying Bolivar can lose but like the posts in the past, in my opinion, Bolivar will win the region.

I think Bolivar has a good chance to win state...or atleast runnerup. They are a good team that knows how to get after it......good ole west Tennessee basketball at it's best. Remember Bolivar.....you have to play one quarter at a time and win them one at a time.