Waverly versus Bolivar

papatiger

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waverly would have helped you and Harpeth is helping McNairy. That's the only point anyone including myself is making.

...you have the advantage of playing at home. Do you guys not believe in helping others?

I hope that this is a good clean game and good luck to Bolivar and Go Waverly!!!

I'll be there both nights.

Are you SURE they would've "helped" us out? How can you be so certain, unless you are the one making the decision???

Yes. We are the ones playing at home...that's why it is our decision when to play. You seem like you are very familiar with athletics, so why in the world can't you get it that the team that earns homecourt is able to make those decisions. This is not the "Golden Rule" here...it's an athletic contest that both teams can use any legal advantage to win.

I want a good clean game also...but each team can play it anyway they want-within the rules.

Once again PapaTiger. The school pays buses. Not the booster club. Your facts are crap and you write for the paper. I will ask again, please go away! Bolivar, this should give you an insight to who started this thread and his credibility! Go ahead papa, what will you start next!

You need to know what your talking about. The Schools here at waverly DO NOT pay for buses to athletic , band or anything else that is related to extracuricular things. The Athletic booster club pays for the athletic events that have to have a bus and the Band booster clubs pays for the band to travel on the bus. We have to pay mileage and bus driver fees. I do know this because I was Band booster president. I am a member of the Athletic Booster so I do know where the funds here at Waverly come from. So you need to talk about things you know about not what you don't.

YEP!!!

Hey, if you are who I think you are, is your girlfriend okay after her wreck?

No papatiger, apparently I??™m not who you think I am. My wife wouldn??™t allow a girlfriend. lol! I??™m from Bolivar. (I just thought your previous reply was humorous)

I really hate that this game has taken this tone. This is a special time of year for the players, families, fans, and students. The players for both sides deserve better than this.

I have no idea about the decision on when the game is to be played. Like everyone else, I??™ve heard different stories from both sides. But for whatever its worth, you and the other Waverly fans are welcome in Bolivar. I hope all of you have a safe trip and that we see two good, clean games this weekend.

The bus is paid for by the parents one way or the other. Either as a direct expense to the booster club or basketball parents or through your taxes which fund the school system and hence the bus and drivers.

Where in the heck does anything about race enter into this debate? Throw that crutch away and debate the facts of the matter which are that Bolivar had an opportunity to accommodate a school that's a couple hours away from making the same trip 2 nights in a row. They chose not to and Waverly will live with that. Unless Bolivar cares one way or the other how much popcorn they are going to sell, how would this 'fire them up' at all?

I think some consideration of what the other team is going to have to go through would have been the right thing to do, particularly after that other team accommodated the host school by allowing the game time to be moved up on Saturday.

It's just common courtesy is all. I don't think the teams will be affected one way or the other however.

You need to know what your talking about. The Schools here at waverly DO NOT pay for buses to athletic , band or anything else that is related to extracuricular things. The Athletic booster club pays for the athletic events that have to have a bus and the Band booster clubs pays for the band to travel on the bus. We have to pay mileage and bus driver fees. I do know this because I was Band booster president. I am a member of the Athletic Booster so I do know where the funds here at Waverly come from. So you need to talk about things you know about not what you don't.

Tigermom,

Everything I have read from you, I agree you are a true fan. I will however, let you know, you may be or have been a band booster president but the booster club does not pay for a bus. The money comes out of the athletic budget at each school. That is a fact and if you dont believe it ask the basketball coaches. I dont know about the band, but the basketball teams pay for them out of athletics.

This makes Bolivar's administration look really bad for not playing both games on the same night. It can't be that hard for Coach Rudesill to coach both teams. He does it every night when Bolivar plays a game. This is not coal mining.

Let's guess Coach Rudesill has been given a ticket to the UT-Memphis game. He is not the only person that works for Bolivar that probably has a ticket to the game.

Harpeth showed plenty of class by asking McNairy to play both games on the same night. HHS is the one that called McNairy.

The sportsmanship involved here is not good because it is going to be really expensive to drive to Bolivar on consecutive days.

This makes Bolivar's administration look really bad for not playing both games on the same night. It can't be that hard for Coach Rudesill to coach both teams. He does it every night when Bolivar plays a game. This is not coal mining.

Let's guess Coach Rudesill has been given a ticket to the UT-Memphis game. He is not the only person that works for Bolivar that probably has a ticket to the game.

Harpeth showed plenty of class by asking McNairy to play both games on the same night. HHS is the one that called McNairy.

The sportsmanship involved here is not good because it is going to be really expensive to drive to Bolivar on consecutive days.

Trust me. In 48 hours, no one will care.

Fact: Coach Rudesill doesn't have a ticket and will not be going to the memphis/ut game. This is about our girl's team and they earned the right for the night to be about them not our boys. I hope they don't but if god forbid they lose tonight in a tournament game do you think rudesill would feel like going out and coaching the boys. I am happy for mcnairy not having to travel both nights but layoff Bolivar and rudesill for thinking about his girls team.

Tigermom,

Everything I have read from you, I agree you are a true fan. I will however, let you know, you may be or have been a band booster president but the booster club does not pay for a bus. The money comes out of the athletic budget at each school. That is a fact and if you dont believe it ask the basketball coaches. I dont know about the band, but the basketball teams pay for them out of athletics.

Where do you think the athletic funds come from? It's not the school system. At least in Waverly it's not. Because that is an issue we argue with our school administration about constantly. The athletic funds come from the Booster club fundraisers and members dues. Maybe it's different where you come from and if your school system supports your athletic program like that you should be very proud because not all of us have that support.

If Waverly would have won they wouldn't have this issue. As I have stated on here before if everything is above board I don't see an issue. I will say this though...with the Bolivar administration it all about that cheddar. The basketball team is the cash cow and the main source of revenue for the entire athleteic program...They don't have an unlimited stream of revenue like many other schools. I have seen Bolivar many times over the years and seen how the coach operates and he is a class act. If anything it's the administration not the coach.