VOLS or TIGERS

volman

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you come to your conclusion that the Tigers are for the most part thugs. Please exxplain. Areyou talking about the whole team. Please single out what players your talking about. I know of three incidents. Thats three to many though. I just want to hear your explanation. By the way I like both teams....but I am pulling for the TIGERS.

Have you been living under a rock?

I'm picking Memphis. Half of that is based on the fact Memphis will cause some big mismatches down low. The other half is based on the fact that I hate UT with a passion.

Tennessee outrebounded the Tigers 50-34 in their own building and big Dorsey did NOTHING...UT is too deep and better coached...If you would have told me Lofton would have two lay-ups and three free throws before the game I would have said the Vols would lose..But again depth was the factor...Prince had 13 points and 8 rebounds all in the second half....The simple fact of the matter is Tennessee had already played tough games on the road and were prepared for a Memphis team that plays the majority of it's games against mediocre competition....If it was not for Rose Memphis would have been beaten very badly tonite...

Tennessee outrebounded the Tigers 50-34 in their own building and big Dorsey did NOTHING...UT is too deep and better coached...If you would have told me Lofton would have two lay-ups and three free throws before the game I would have said the Vols would lose..But again depth was the factor...Prince had 13 points and 8 rebounds all in the second half....The simple fact of the matter is Tennessee had already played tough games on the road and were prepared for a Memphis team that plays the majority of it's games against mediocre competition....If it was not for Rose Memphis would have been beaten very badly tonite...

Amen brother, amen. They will flip flop in the rankings which I agree will mean nothing but bragging rights. Still gotta play the game. I hate to see the Tigers go down in their bid for an undefeated season, but the VOLS are the only team I would ever pull for against the Tigers. It`s alot of ball to be played yet. Chism and Prince ( West Tn guys) were the diff in the game.

Well I can't believe that the vols won this game. They were by far the worse team. They have no depth compared to Memphis. They had no chance to match Memphis's talent on the inside. Give me a break. That's such a joke. Tennesse goes 10 deep. No REALLY, ten deep. Who contributed big for Memphis's deep bench. Brian Williams grabbed four big boards off the bench. Jordan Howell came in and managed the game well although he didn't shoot it well at all. He made good decisions. Tabb played good perimeter defense, as he is known to do, and JP Prince carries us for a stretch in the second half and steps up as a 47 percent free throw shooter to help ice the game. And on top of that, Tennesse owned the boards when no one gave them a chance and the biggest field goal of the game comes from Tyler Smith...working in the POST. Great win for the Pearl and company. Maybe now we will get the respect from the nation that we were getting from the state of Tennessee all along (per ESPN fan poll that showed UT was carrying the state of TN by a wide margin.) Now we just gotta make sure that we don't have a let down on Tuesday.

I despise Memphis and their coach...he's a ######, but I do have to say that they are a heck of a ball team. I thought they got some calls, but I'm looking through orange tinted glasses so UT probably got some calls too. Besides, a loss by 4 points to number 2 (now number 1) isn't exactly a back breaker. Memphis is gonna be a force in March and so will the vols. Great game to watch.

Have you been living under a rock?

No...The only reason I asked was to see if the guy held the Vol football team to the same standard as the Memphis basketball team. I like both teams. How many Vol football players have got in trouble sine Jan 1 2008. The last count was eight. He refered to the Memphsi basketball team as nothing more than thugs. By that logic that would make UT football even worse than Memphis basketball. Get my point. I love the Vols. I was just sticking up for the Tigers.

Yankee, I bleed orange big time, and even I understand and agree with that. I heard Fulmer has just rented a small office inside the Knox Co. jail to save on travel time. hehe!

I agree coach Cal was most definately outcoached down the stretch and Chism completely shut Dorsey down, much to my surprise.

No...The only reason I asked was to see if the guy held the Vol football team to the same standard as the Memphis basketball team. I like both teams. How many Vol football players have got in trouble sine Jan 1 2008. The last count was eight. He refered to the Memphsi basketball team as nothing more than thugs. By that logic that would make UT football even worse than Memphis basketball. Get my point. I love the Vols. I was just sticking up for the Tigers.

Yea, there are gonna be thugs on every team. I'm sure Memphis has some players that keep their nose clean. All I've got to say is, the Memphis media doesn't help any.

I am shocked by the rebound margin and Dorsey playe like an idiot.....would you concede that if it wasn't for Prince UTLofton would have gotten beat? It was only a 4 point win. Congrats to UTLofton...but it's insane for some to put a dagger in the heart of Memphis over one loss. If it was not for Michael Jordon the Bulls would not have won 6 Championships. Rose is a star and that's what stars do.