Sequoyah Chiefs

bigclittleh

Is he from Madisonville or did he transfer in ? The kid has some skills.... Who does he play summer ball for?

He is from Madisonville. He played for Madisonville Middle School Laster year. He played summer ball for one of the Thunder teams. I am not sure what he is going to do this year.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chiefs Win!! Chiefs beat Heritage 8-7. Great game!! The team came together for the best game of the year. We are making improvements daily! Keep up the good work! Next up, today against Morristown East at home. Come out and join us! Go chiefs!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Congrats and Go Chiefs!

Lets talk about the season up to this point. Lets discuss one item at a time. Who do you think has preformed above the preseason expection offensively. Lets here everyones opinion! Go chiefs!

I think most players on the "Varsity" Chiefs are playing like average high school players. The only player I have seen being the most consistent, On the field and hitting is the Freshman,D. Allen #10. The other starting freshman are not even close to the level they need to be for everyday playing. Thats just MY opion.

Most of the issues are with the Coaching, Which has been a BIG disappointment. As long as the Coaches are set in thier ways, Playing the "Parents" and not the Individual players the Chiefs will struggle to be Champions. "But thats the politics of small town baseball"

It is a tragedy that there are 3 graduating players and 2 of them have barely played, and others haven't played at all. All of the parents want to see thier child play some time or other. When you go to game after game and all you see of your player is them fetching foul balls it is very hard to support the team or Coaches.

One idea, Instead of having All the players running poles for the countless eras. Have that player sit out that number of innings.

If I offended anyone with this reply, I am sorry.

"You have to remember that over 99% of all players will not go on to play organized baseball after High school"

I think most players on the "Varsity" Chiefs are playing like average high school players. The only player I have seen being the most consistent, On the field and hitting is the Freshman,D. Allen #10. The other starting freshman are not even close to the level they need to be for everyday playing. Thats just MY opion.

Most of the issues are with the Coaching, Which has been a BIG disappointment. As long as the Coaches are set in thier ways, Playing the "Parents" and not the Individual players the Chiefs will struggle to be Champions. "But thats the politics of small town baseball"

It is a tragedy that there are 3 graduating players and 2 of them have barely played, and others haven't played at all. All of the parents want to see thier child play some time or other. When you go to game after game and all you see of your player is them fetching foul balls it is very hard to support the team or Coaches.

One idea, Instead of having All the players running poles for the countless eras. Have that player sit out that number of innings.

If I offended anyone with this reply, I am sorry.

"You have to remember that over 99% of all players will not go on to play organized baseball after High school"

You have apparently not experienced or have forgotten the coaching from before. This is a lot better than before. A lot more agressive. The team is actually doing things and learning things. Yes, these kids have to run poles if they mess up. Who cares. Maybe they wil remember next time. Poles are a lot better than getting screamed at to the point where the fans can hear. That only belittles a person and does not teach them anything. THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER. Don't forget, we can't build a winning team in one year. Be patient. We will get there. And it takes all of them to make a TEAM. Maybe we should not be so focused on I or ME or MINE but TEAM. I trust the coach to make the right decision on who needs to be out there. I don't think there is any "Parent" playing. I think that is not even a factor. The Chiefs are going to be exciting to watch. We'll take our lumps as they come but we will be OK. BE SUPPORTIVE. BE POSITIVE. THIS IS BETTER. SUPPORT YOUR TEAM. GO CHIEFS!

"The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short,

but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark." Michelangelo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------