Sequoyah Chiefs

bigclittleh

You have apparently not experienced or have forgotten the coaching from before. This is a lot better than before. A lot more agressive. The team is actually doing things and learning things. Yes, these kids have to run poles if they mess up. Who cares. Maybe they wil remember next time. Poles are a lot better than getting screamed at to the point where the fans can hear. That only belittles a person and does not teach them anything. THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER. Don't forget, we can't build a winning team in one year. Be patient. We will get there. And it takes all of them to make a TEAM. Maybe we should not be so focused on I or ME or MINE but TEAM. I trust the coach to make the right decision on who needs to be out there. I don't think there is any "Parent" playing. I think that is not even a factor. The Chiefs are going to be exciting to watch. We'll take our lumps as they come but we will be OK. BE SUPPORTIVE. BE POSITIVE. THIS IS BETTER. SUPPORT YOUR TEAM. GO CHIEFS!

"The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short,

but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark." Michelangelo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bravo, well said. We must remember we are about to send these Seniors out into the "real world", where it isn't always fare. By being the oldest, senior, doesn't always get you ahead. You have to work harder, work smarter, and be the best. Number 1 isn't everything, but it gets you in the game.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most players on the "Varsity" Chiefs are playing like average high school players. The only player I have seen being the most consistent, On the field and hitting is the Freshman,D. Allen #10. The other starting freshman are not even close to the level they need to be for everyday playing. Thats just MY opion.

Most of the issues are with the Coaching, Which has been a BIG disappointment. As long as the Coaches are set in thier ways, Playing the "Parents" and not the Individual players the Chiefs will struggle to be Champions. "But thats the politics of small town baseball"

It is a tragedy that there are 3 graduating players and 2 of them have barely played, and others haven't played at all. All of the parents want to see thier child play some time or other. When you go to game after game and all you see of your player is them fetching foul balls it is very hard to support the team or Coaches.

One idea, Instead of having All the players running poles for the countless eras. Have that player sit out that number of innings.

If I offended anyone with this reply, I am sorry.

"You have to remember that over 99% of all players will not go on to play organized baseball after High school"

DTM,

No offense taken!

I do want to try to understand your points. I agree that D. Allen has had a great Freshman year. He is SPECIAL! But I Disagree about the other Freshmen. First point, we are only playing one other Frshman at this time. R. Coley (#8). By the way he is having a good freshman year as well. He is second on the team in Battling average and 3rd on the team in on base %(359 avg and 409 on base). He also has played solid in the field. As for the other Freshman that has played significant time is E. Maxwell (#26). He also has played well at times. He is 6th on the team in batting average.

I would say that these three Freshmen have deserved all that they have got!

As far as the seniors, The three seniors have been a large part of this Season. B. Webb played all seaon and hitting 3rd in the lineup. He has had a solid seaon (3rd in Avg 318, 1st on base % 456, 1HR,) R. Leslie starts at 1B or DH every game. He has had a solid seaon (2nd in RBI's). A. Bushy has also had a solid seaon as a relief pitcher. He has appeared in 6 games. (He is fourth on the team with innings pitched)

By the way I have a son out there Fetching those foul balls and raking that field every day. I tell him to work harder and give 100% everytime out. Someday they will get an opportunity and they must be prepared to take advantage of it!

Keep of the Good work! Go Chiefs!

You have apparently not experienced or have forgotten the coaching from before. This is a lot better than before. A lot more agressive. The team is actually doing things and learning things. Yes, these kids have to run poles if they mess up. Who cares. Maybe they wil remember next time. Poles are a lot better than getting screamed at to the point where the fans can hear. That only belittles a person and does not teach them anything. THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER. Don't forget, we can't build a winning team in one year. Be patient. We will get there. And it takes all of them to make a TEAM. Maybe we should not be so focused on I or ME or MINE but TEAM. I trust the coach to make the right decision on who needs to be out there. I don't think there is any "Parent" playing. I think that is not even a factor. The Chiefs are going to be exciting to watch. We'll take our lumps as they come but we will be OK. BE SUPPORTIVE. BE POSITIVE. THIS IS BETTER. SUPPORT YOUR TEAM. GO CHIEFS!

"The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short,

but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark." Michelangelo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well Said! Keep up the good work!! Go Chiefs1

I see that you came up a little short in Moday's game. Keep your heads up and keep fighting. Good luck today.

Yes, we Did 2-0 Meigs win. Great job Meigs! Great game in terrible conditions! Maybe we can get a win today. Chiefs need to hit better. We played well defensively and pitched well. NO Hitting NO Win! Go Chiefs! Bring the Sticks!!!!!!

Just wanted to let Chiefs fans know that Morristown East broadcasts their games on wcrk.com. Good luck the rest of the season!!!

Just wanted to let Chiefs fans know that Morristown East broadcasts their games on wcrk.com. Good luck the rest of the season!!!

Scheduled for a 5:30 first pitch today (Thursday)

What can we expect today from Morristown?

???Who Cares???? As a parent I care, To make such a statement is ignorant . Coaching by INTIMIDATION and DEGRADING a player is a NOT the way to teach . If you think so you are mistaken. The Coach may not be screaming where you can hear it, but he is doing it. Just ask your player. ( As far as the degrading remarks I will be calling Principle Moser to see if that terminology is acceptable? Seeing that there was a player suspended for a few games using the same words) . As of playing of he parents, You obvious don??™t see what I see or I am reading too much into it. There for a few games, 3 freshman ( of County employees) started on the in field while Sr. , Jr. and So. Players listed as infield players sat out game after game. In fact the Listed Jr. 3 rd baseman hasn??™t played 3rd yet in a varsity game .. Some of the players listed as OF??™s actually played infield last year. Players are learning. ??? Know matter how hard you work or try, If your parents are not in the click don??™t expect to play???. This was told to me by an actual player other than mine. All you have to do is compare Roster with stats. In which stats here are NOT that correct they are buttered up a little. Some players show a game played but actually it was just 1 inning or less. I can go on with examples thru out the line up from pitching to left field. Ex. Pitching when a ace starter pitcher gets to start he can give up 5-6 or more runs in a single inning. When there is no chance of ever coming back. Then when a relief pitcher is brought in and walks just 1 batter he is pulled and told he his is ???Ineffective??? . That??™s a real confidence builder.. Don??™t??™ even get me started about using a DH. Key word designated HITTER. As for players raking and working on the field that is not the problem. My player rakes and works like the others and does everything asked of him and does not complain about it.. I the parent am doing all of the complaining . What is happening on the field and after the games is not right. If it wasn??™t for nepotism we might not have gotten a coach? Think about it??¦ For my final words,, Way to go for the benchwarmers for the way you stepped up to shut down Morristown East. If you took out the 2nd inning it would only been a 1-3 loss. Not 1 -13. PARENTS,, the 30 minutes of Sprints at 10:00 p.m. should really get your attention of coaching by intimidation!!! I may get booted from this board for speaking my mind so be it. But the truth hurts.

???Who Cares???? As a parent I care, To make such a statement is ignorant . Coaching by INTIMIDATION and DEGRADING a player is a NOT the way to teach . If you think so you are mistaken. The Coach may not be screaming where you can hear it, but he is doing it. Just ask your player. ( As far as the degrading remarks I will be calling Principle Moser to see if that terminology is acceptable? Seeing that there was a player suspended for a few games using the same words) . As of playing of he parents, You obvious don??™t see what I see or I am reading too much into it. There for a few games, 3 freshman ( of County employees) started on the in field while Sr. , Jr. and So. Players listed as infield players sat out game after game. In fact the Listed Jr. 3 rd baseman hasn??™t played 3rd yet in a varsity game .. Some of the players listed as OF??™s actually played infield last year. Players are learning. ??? Know matter how hard you work or try, If your parents are not in the click don??™t expect to play???. This was told to me by an actual player other than mine. All you have to do is compare Roster with stats. In which stats here are NOT that correct they are buttered up a little. Some players show a game played but actually it was just 1 inning or less. I can go on with examples thru out the line up from pitching to left field. Ex. Pitching when a ace starter pitcher gets to start he can give up 5-6 or more runs in a single inning. When there is no chance of ever coming back. Then when a relief pitcher is brought in and walks just 1 batter he is pulled and told he his is ???Ineffective??? . That??™s a real confidence builder.. Don??™t??™ even get me started about using a DH. Key word designated HITTER. As for players raking and working on the field that is not the problem. My player rakes and works like the others and does everything asked of him and does not complain about it.. I the parent am doing all of the complaining . What is happening on the field and after the games is not right. If it wasn??™t for nepotism we might not have gotten a coach? Think about it??¦ For my final words,, Way to go for the benchwarmers for the way you stepped up to shut down Morristown East. If you took out the 2nd inning it would only been a 1-3 loss. Not 1 -13. PARENTS,, the 30 minutes of Sprints at 10:00 p.m. should really get your attention of coaching by intimidation!!! I may get booted from this board for speaking my mind so be it. But the truth hurts.

What went on last night is over it is time to move on. Even though I dissagree with the running last night at 10pm I did not say anything as I did not say anything when coach K pulled all starters out but one....the one that caused most of the problems. I think coach K is doing a pretty good job in putting on the field the players that need to be there. Only a few of these players have ever played anywhere but at their local dixie youth program and it really shows when coach K is trying to put 9 good players on the field at one time.......he does not have it. Most of these kids and their parents know nothing other than the dixie youth mentality they growed up with and that will never get them past this level of baseball and will not let this team be successful ever until the kids get away from whats being taught at Madisonville and Vonore.....that teaching being I am the coach and my kid is the best. You want to be successful....get these kids all the training they can stand during season as well as off season.....there are places out their every where to get training.......the problem is the parents don't want to take the time or spend the money to get the kid the training they need to be successful.....so just stay with that same mentality....only play and practice the game during season.....and come watch a losing season year after year.

What went on last night is over it is time to move on. Even though I dissagree with the running last night at 10pm I did not say anything as I did not say anything when coach K pulled all starters out but one....the one that caused most of the problems. I think coach K is doing a pretty good job in putting on the field the players that need to be there. Only a few of these players have ever played anywhere but at their local dixie youth program and it really shows when coach K is trying to put 9 good players on the field at one time.......he does not have it. Most of these kids and their parents know nothing other than the dixie youth mentality they growed up with and that will never get them past this level of baseball and will not let this team be successful ever until the kids get away from whats being taught at Madisonville and Vonore.....that teaching being I am the coach and my kid is the best. You want to be successful....get these kids all the training they can stand during season as well as off season.....there are places out their every where to get training.......the problem is the parents don't want to take the time or spend the money to get the kid the training they need to be successful.....so just stay with that same mentality....only play and practice the game during season.....and come watch a losing season year after year.

Just a note incase you didn't know. 1/3 of the players on this team have played organized travel baseball. One Senior and five Freshman and there could be more I'm just going on what I know.

Just a note incase you didn't know. 1/3 of the players on this team have played organized travel baseball. One Senior and five Freshman and there could be more I'm just going on what I know.

That is correct! Plus 1 Junior. Also.... 3 other Juniors and 1 Soph have played in some tournaments. Not the extent of the Travel Teams. Lets get a win today!!! Go chiefs!