COSBY VS CLOUDLAND

cosbybainen

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cloudland found out tonight just how hard it is to beat a team 4 times in one season. There are two statistics that tell the story of the game between Hampton and Cosby: foul shots and offensive rebounds. Hampton made 5 of 8 from the foul line while the Eagles made 21 of 34. The Eagles also had 23 offensive rebounds. It will be a different story in the championship game between the Landers and Eagles. I would say that Cloudland should take the regional championship with a win of around 15-20 points...

The Eagles havent played very well as of late and has still managed to pull out the "W". Last night we played solid "D" and hit the boards , but the offensive output just wasn't there. If the lady eagles get the "O" going again it could be a long night for the landers. I agree with Vader though (except where he believes the game will be) I wouldn't want to be the loser of the Wartburg O.S. game either. Like I told some ranger fans not many people have EVER gotten out of the Eagles Nest with a win come tourny time and the top of Roan mountain isn't an easy place to get a "W" either.

The little Guard for Hampton has to be the quickest Highschool girl I have ever seen with the basketball. She made us look like we were standing in mud a few times. You guys also have one heckuva future with the young freshman post player as well.

I must agree with coachh17 again (a truly bad day /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" ). Cloudland can win; they might win by double-digits, but I don't bet the light bill either way.

Cosby often isn't very good with shot-selection, but they're long, strong, and athletic. Lyndsey Hall is deceptively fast, and the offensive rebounding statistic from the Hampton game says a lot about her, and all the Lady Eagles. A very tough match-up for Cloudland.

The Lady Bulldogs played over their heads (literally) in almost every game this season, yet the Lady Bulldogs more than held their own, as evidenced by their two-out-of-three against Unaka, their very close call in Elizabethton, and their regular-season-ending, double-digit win over Happy Valley. And all of Carter County should be very proud.

To overlook Wartburg, either home, or on the road, would spell disaster for our Region's sub-state representative.

And, obviously, I would disagree with the "mediocre Unaka team" assessment. The Lady Rangers had the Lady Eagles by three at the twenty-second mark. Kayla Winters takes an apparent charge, but instead a block is called. The conversion ties it, Unaka misses a late shot, Cosby wins in overtime. Everybody could point out missed/improper calls, but complaining is not the intent here, but rather to give both Unaka, and Cosby credit. Just as with Wartburg, if anybody takes Cosby lightly, they will lose. However, I'm certain that Coach Birchfield and his Lady Highlanders are very concerned with the Lady Eagles.

Ultimately, Unaka, Cosby, Hampton, Cloudland, Elizabethton, Unicoi County, Happy Valley are really close in talent and Coaching. A missed shot or rebound here or there, and any number of the eliminated teams would be preparing for sub-state. It's that close.

The Eagles havent played very well as of late and has still managed to pull out the "W". Last night we played solid "D" and hit the boards , but the offensive output just wasn't there. If the lady eagles get the "O" going again it could be a long night for the landers. I agree with Vader though (except where he believes the game will be) I wouldn't want to be the loser of the Wartburg O.S. game either. Like I told some ranger fans not many people have EVER gotten out of the Eagles Nest with a win come tourny time and the top of Roan mountain isn't an easy place to get a "W" either.

The little Guard for Hampton has to be the quickest Highschool girl I have ever seen with the basketball. She made us look like we were standing in mud a few times. You guys also have one heckuva future with the young freshman post player as well.

Thanks for the kind words old24eagle...the "post" player you are talking about is 5'7. It is unbelievable what our girls team has accomplished this year with their lack of size. They should be even better next season with the addition of a 5'9 and 5'10. I am proud of their effort and just hope that the coach sticks around. Have heard that he is going into retirement/fatherhood. Hopefully not the case. Best of luck to the Eagles and Highlanders in the substate.

Cloudland by at least 15. It will probably be more like 25. If the 1st round of regionals were at a nutural site like every other game in the post season (aside from substate) like it should be, Cosby's season would have been over Friday. Then Hampton played as about as good as they did when they got beat by Johnson County. So Cloudland big, then Oliver Springs way bigger on Saturday.

Cloudland by at least 15. It will probably be more like 25. If the 1st round of regionals were at a nutural site like every other game in the post season (aside from substate) like it should be, Cosby's season would have been over Friday. Then Hampton played as about as good as they did when they got beat by Johnson County. So Cloudland big, then Oliver Springs way bigger on Saturday.

Jealousy is such an ugly thing there crazydude. When is Unaka going to beat Cosby at anything again? I mean really man we beat yall in Football , for the third year in a row we gottya in round ball boys and girls in Cosby ( the globetrotters can't win at Unaka and your whining about homecourt adv.) get over it our girls clobbered yours 2 weeks before the tourny why does it have to be homecookin when we get ya then.

Jealousy is such an ugly thing there crazydude. When is Unaka going to beat Cosby at anything again? I mean really man we beat yall in Football , for the third year in a row we gottya in round ball boys and girls in Cosby ( the globetrotters can't win at Unaka and your whining about homecourt adv.) get over it our girls clobbered yours 2 weeks before the tourny why does it have to be homecookin when we get ya then.

Eagle, You have a fine Ladies basketball team. Your mens team, though only District Consolation winners this season, has also traditionally been very good. As I recall, you were one of their very good, two-sport players.

Unaka is getting better in Football, down in Mens Basketball, but quite good in Ladies Basketball. You should know this, it took a miracle, overtime finish last Saturday night in Cosby, for the Lady Eagles to finally win.

Football at Cosby has been upgraded as well. Personally, I hope it continues, because that's a net-plus for our entire area. I was at the Cosby win, at Cosby, in football this season; neither appeared the better team, thus the overtime, but that's another subject altogether.

With all this tradition and improvement, perhaps you now have the confidence in your alma-mater to where you can find only positive things to say about your entire program, without beating others down.

Maybe crazyness will do likewise?

Because, quite bluntly - and this to include the entire Tri-County Seven - none of us are All That. No All-Americans. Probably not many future NBA, WNBA, MLB, or NFL players. Just several better-than-average, very-well-coached teams, that have thrilled us by their hustle, character, and determination.

We've read some of the talk on the football board, until several folks turned it into an insult-swapping, name-calling fiasco. It became rather boring, served no good purpose. We began to live down to others' low expectations.

We've been noticing that kind of talk creeping into our little Tri-County Seven board lately. We've gone several years without any of this. Unfortunately, if it continues, the better posters will tire of these antics and leave the board altogether. Then we'll become just like what we witnessed on the football board.

Our remaining Tri-County teams - Cloudland and Elizabethton - will be severely tested, and I doubt we'll see a double-digit win in either game. Regardless of who wins, we've been fortunate to have good sportsmanship after the games.