Congrats to the Sequatchie County Lady Indians!

Indians1

I want to take a moment and congratulate the Sequatchie County Lady Indians on reaching the Region 2AA finals. They have worked for this all season long and highly deserve it. Now with a guaranteed spot in the sectionals, its time to focus on beating McMinn Central. Put last year's loss in the region finals behind you and focus well on this year's game. This will be your toughest test to date, but I have confidence you will win. Again, congrats to you and lets go win state as well. Oh and McMinn Central, lookout! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You girls gave it your all against McMinn Central, but you still got Saturday to get right back in this tournament and go to state. If we play Upperman, you can get some needed revenge from last year's game and show them what its like not to go to state. We aren't out of this tournament yet. All you have to do is win one game and were looking at state. All of Sequatchie County is proud of you girls and your hard work. So lets go win the sectional game and go to state!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You girls gave it your all against McMinn Central, but you still got Saturday to get right back in this tournament and go to state. If we play Upperman, you can get some needed revenge from last year's game and show them what its like not to go to state. We aren't out of this tournament yet. All you have to do is win one game and were looking at state. All of Sequatchie County is proud of you girls and your hard work. So lets go win the sectional game and go to state!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Upperman wins so I guess its a date, see you saturday!

Last nights game was a good one. Sequatchie has nothing to be ashamed of, though I know that doesn't take the sting out of the loss. Sequatchie is my second favorite team, and I really hope to see you all at the "BORO. A few of us from Central made the trip to watch 7AA district tournament and got to see Upperman play. Sequatchie will match up real well with them. I think that Upperman's and Sequatchie's post will be about equals. I think that Sequatchie will have them out gunned at the perimeter though. They didn't go very deep into the bench, only 1 or 2 subs all night, and struggled some when the pace wore them down, though I didn't see any 7AA teams that really liked to run-n-gun. Sequatchie plays the same level that they did against Central and they should be packing their bags Wednesday morning for the trip to MTSU. I wish you all the best of luck Saturday.

Last nights game was a good one. Sequatchie has nothing to be ashamed of, though I know that doesn't take the sting out of the loss. Sequatchie is my second favorite team, and I really hope to see you all at the "BORO. A few of us from Central made the trip to watch 7AA district tournament and got to see Upperman play. Sequatchie will match up real well with them. I think that Upperman's and Sequatchie's post will be about equals. I think that Sequatchie will have them out gunned at the perimeter though. They didn't go very deep into the bench, only 1 or 2 subs all night, and struggled some when the pace wore them down, though I didn't see any 7AA teams that really liked to run-n-gun. Sequatchie plays the same level that they did against Central and they should be packing their bags Wednesday morning for the trip to MTSU. I wish you all the best of luck Saturday.

Sorry but if Sequatchie can't beat McMinn Central they have no shot at Upperman on their home floor. You talk as if McMinn Central is head and shoulders better than Upperman and thats just not true. Actually i predict York winning at McMinn Central to be honest with ya. Ya'll are not all that and York is a solid squad. Looks like it will be two teams going to the state from 7AA. AGAIN!!!! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Sorry but if Sequatchie can't beat McMinn Central they have no shot at Upperman on their home floor. You talk as if McMinn Central is head and shoulders better than Upperman and thats just not true. Actually i predict York winning at McMinn Central to be honest with ya. Ya'll are not all that and York is a solid squad. Looks like it will be two teams going to the state from 7AA. AGAIN!!!! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I won't talk trash for another team. I'll just say that I have seen both Upperman and Sequatchie play twice now, and if we had to choose which team we wanted to play to get to state, we'd pick Upperman. Sequatchie will have to play good ball to win, but I think they have the edge. As for what happened in the past, well that's over. The days of 7AA waltzing to the 'boro are over, at least for the next couple of years. They may get there, but they'll have to beat some pretty good teams from region 3 to do it.

I believe York is in for a shock. McMinn Central is very quick and can shoot the lights out. Fundamentally very sound. Probably the best free throw shooting team I have seen in a while and can hit from anywhere on the floor off the dribble. Tough defense too, pretty good hands and can box out. Know their rebound areas well. If Seq. Co. could have gotten on the boards better and not thrown away some passes the score might have been different. But you have to give props to McMinn's defense because they caused the troubles. Shut down our 3 pt. shooters and our post player. Lockhart carried the team most of the night until a questionable charge call midway through the 4th quarter(I thought she walked before the call!) fouled her out. Barker hit two key threes that kept us in the game but McMinn went to holding the ball and we were just too worn out from fighting back from a deficit to really get after 'em at that point. With Lockhart on the bench and Barker playing with 4 fouls, we just couldn't get all the way back. McMinn can put a run on you too- get a steal, hit a layup, cause a turnover, hit a 3. All night long! Penetrate draw a foul AND hit the basket. Just a real good team. So I am pulling for them 'gainst York. I will be in Baxter pulling for the Lady Indians on Sat. night, good Lord willin' and the creeks don't rise!

I believe York is in for a shock. McMinn Central is very quick and can shoot the lights out. Fundamentally very sound. Probably the best free throw shooting team I have seen in a while and can hit from anywhere on the floor off the dribble. Tough defense too, pretty good hands and can box out. Know their rebound areas well. If Seq. Co. could have gotten on the boards better and not thrown away some passes the score might have been different. But you have to give props to McMinn's defense because they caused the troubles. Shut down our 3 pt. shooters and our post player. Lockhart carried the team most of the night until a questionable charge call midway through the 4th quarter(I thought she walked before the call!) fouled her out. Barker hit two key threes that kept us in the game but McMinn went to holding the ball and we were just too worn out from fighting back from a deficit to really get after 'em at that point. With Lockhart on the bench and Barker playing with 4 fouls, we just couldn't get all the way back. McMinn can put a run on you too- get a steal, hit a layup, cause a turnover, hit a 3. All night long! Penetrate draw a foul AND hit the basket. Just a real good team. So I am pulling for them 'gainst York. I will be in Baxter pulling for the Lady Indians on Sat. night, good Lord willin' and the creeks don't rise!

News Flash! York plays in 7AA they won't be shocked by anything McMinn Central does. Not saying they will win but they won't be shocked thats for sure! They still playing in that tiny "round" gym? Man it was hot in there that one year we had to go down there!!!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />