Region 5AA/District 9AA

bbballfan

And your post certainly exhibits what a great sport and classy person you are, using profanity online and threatening violence. Quit embarrassing yourself and think before you post junk like this. My guess is his game made you look like a chump, so you are jealous.

CPA4Ever, I know for a fact that Miller never made TrentDilfer? look like a chump, although others have. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

But Trent, that was kind of uncalled for. You could have gotten that across some other way.

What peeved me was what CPA's players did to FRA's coach... I was enraged.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CPA4Ever, I know for a fact that Miller never made TrentDilfer? look like a chump, although others have. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

But Trent, that was kind of uncalled for. You could have gotten that across some other way.

The CPA players are teenagers that were at a tremendous emotional high after a very hard fought game with their District winning coach standing on the sideline. They were shocked when the announcement was made about Coach Pierce as were others. They didn't scream or yell, walk off the floor, or boo Coach Pierce. I was there - I saw their reaction. It was a brief reaction of shock in the moment that may not have been perfect, but cut them some slack. It was a very emotional time, and they are teenagers.

All of us "knee jerk" at times and may react in a way we wouldn't ordinarily if we had more time to reflect on it.

Yeah, thanks for the backup. Miller has absolutely nothing on Gerald or Slater. heck, there were about 15 people I guarded throughout high school who were tougher than Miller. I guess I could have said it differently, but there really isn't a nice way to say that someone is a complete tool on the floor.

Also, CPA4Ever, I never claimed nor had someone say for me that I was a great sport. I took the game too seriously, and if someone did something to me, I made sure to do something back. There is a difference between me accepting the fact that I wasn't the greatest of sports, and someone being even worse yet being claimed to have great sportsmanship. And finally, I never threatened violence. I gave a hypothetical. I never said anything like "OMG, I'm gonna kill that guy when I see him, BLAH BLAH BLAH".

The CPA players are teenagers that were at a tremendous emotional high after a very hard fought game with their District winning coach standing on the sideline. They were shocked when the announcement was made about Coach Pierce as were others. They didn't scream or yell, walk off the floor, or boo Coach Pierce. I was there - I saw their reaction. It was a brief reaction of shock in the moment that may not have been perfect, but cut them some slack. It was a very emotional time, and they are teenagers.

All of us "knee jerk" at times and may react in a way we wouldn't ordinarily if we had more time to reflect on it.

JMHO. I don't care if they are teenagers if they were disrespectful they were wrong.

JMHO. I don't care if they are teenagers if they were disrespectful they were wrong.

Didn't say there were right - just said they, like you and me, our kids, and Teece31, when we were teenagers (or even now), don't always respond properly in the heat of the moment. Those same kids have showed a lot of good sportmanship at times. They are not bad kids- they made a bad choice that night.

If you will remember, there was one member of one of the All District or All Tournament teams that was sitting in the stands and wouldn't even get up to join the group for the group picture. That was also very disrespectful.

First, I don't have a horse in this race, but I am going to share my opinion.

I think athletes need to play with emotion on the court or any playing field. If you don't play with emotion why do you play? Now playing with emotion doesn't entail acting like a fool out there, but when a big play occurs, there is nothing wrong with getting excited. I know when I played I thrived off emotion. Being even tempered can be a bad thing at times when playing in athletics. Biut let me reiterate you can play with emotion and class at the same time. Its not one or the other.

There is nothing wrong with anyone celebrating after they won any type of championship. What great teams do is they enjoy the moment of winning the championship, then the next day they begin to focus on their next goal. I have a hunch that CPA probably did the same thing. They are teenagers let them enjoy themselves.

The 3-15-08 shirts are a goal that the school has set out for. Its not saying they are the champions, it is saying that is our goal for the entire season and we want to be playing on that day.

Then the shaking hands comment is off base. In every level of sports when a team wins a championship they celebrate first, and then shake hands with their opponents. It is never the other way away around.

Well said. I am glad I read this before just posting, because I would have felt dumb typing the exact same thing that was already said. The only thing I have to say about the subject is every team in the final 8 think they work harder than any other team. Dyer County thinks they work harder than any other team in the NATION! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> It is just the way some fans think...

As far as TrentDilfer goes, get over yourself. It sounds like Miller scored on you a lot, that's how you know he talks after he scores, right?? Just because one of your friends or probably you gets on another screen name and says Miller never made you look like a chump doesnt mean it didnt happen. Like I said it sounds like he did it more than once, seeing how you know what he does after he scores on people all the time...

And HHSnumber1fan, I really don't care what you think happened or if you think I have a second screenname or not. You don't have to believe me, but I believe I played well against Miller. I will admit when I got beat, and Robinson and Slater both made me look like a little kid playing almost everytime I played against them. But Miller did no such thing. And I never said I kept him scoreless. He could score one time, and he would talk. Hey, guess what?!?! That means two points. I'm not claiming to have held him to two point, because I didn't, but he didn't have to score a lot on me for me to know that he was a douchebag and talked whenever he scored.

And HHSnumber1fan, I really don't care what you think happened or if you think I have a second screenname or not. You don't have to believe me, but I believe I played well against Miller. I will admit when I got beat, and Robinson and Slater both made me look like a little kid playing almost everytime I played against them. But Miller did no such thing. And I never said I kept him scoreless. He could score one time, and he would talk. Hey, guess what?!?! That means two points. I'm not claiming to have held him to two point, because I didn't, but he didn't have to score a lot on me for me to know that he was a douchebag and talked whenever he scored.

I deleted my post and your reply.