Dyer County vs Covington

Jellyrolls

Having been very close to the situation on Tuesday night and after talking to members of the Haywood security team following the incident, everything would have been fine if the young man would have moved when asked. I'm certainly not making judgements on who was right and who was wrong, but I will say this ??” when a police officer asks (or tells) you to move in the middle of an emotional situation, you shouldn't start dropping "f" bombs on the ones attempting to defuse the situation. Some of the "opinions" on the subject on this thread are closer to the truth than some may think. I didn't report anything in print (for those of you that know what I mean) on the incident because it simply would have taken away from a great game. So this is what I suggest, get over it. The game was on Tuesday and tonight Dyer County has the opportunity to accomplish the second of several goals this season. We could all grow up just a little, don't ya think?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough of the jealousy talk. Enough already.

DC's got nothing but a tough road ahead of them.. and we all know that.

to paraphrase Mark Twain: "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

That includes on these message boards. A little friendly rivalry is great, but goodness people. We're looking at Haywood at home tonight, BTW or Mitchell in Sub-State and then hopefully a trip to the Murphy Center.

Enough of the arrogance that is posted here, remember the years during Butch's tenure before Montrell, Brian, and Perry? exactly... so calm down everyone. Smile and cheer that we're proud, but don't forget where the program was a few recent years ago as well.

Edit: just read trojanz1 post, I think he said everything I did in one sentence.

We could all grow up just a little, don't ya think?

Well speaking for myself only....I LUV game days!!! Stated BEFORE and I'll state again...Nobody can be overlooked at this point. Haywood has a GOOD team...wouldn't be where they are if not!!!! I think "in my opinion"...they were not playing their best game against D'burg the other night. I've alway said (over and over) the road ain't easy from here on out. Hope the refs let em play, make consistent calls. Rebounding will be a key factor in this game...again my opinion. Looking forward to another great night of ball!! Go Choctaws!!!!!!!!!!!

Well speaking for myself only....I LUV game days!!! Stated BEFORE and I'll state again...Nobody can be overlooked at this point. Haywood has a GOOD team...wouldn't be where they are if not!!!! I think "in my opinion"...they were not playing their best game against D'burg the other night. I've alway said (over and over) the road ain't easy from here on out. Hope the refs let em play, make consistent calls. Rebounding will be a key factor in this game...again my opinion. Looking forward to another great night of ball!! Go Choctaws!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree... Jeremy needs to come out and rebound like he did against Covington that impressed me!!! And the road to state is NEVER easy! at this time of the year ANYTHING can happen! With that being said I love game days too should be a great game! GO CHOCTAWS!!

Be careful guys. I remember some of the same posters on here picking crow feathers from their teeth after the loss to of all teams HAYWOOD CO. on the football field. No need to argue the naysayers on here the guys on the floor will shut them up. No doubt DC is a great team, but still gotta do the deed.

I read alot more than I post and I can see why some get their buttons pushed, but you just gotta act like ya been there before. When it`s all said and done, if DC does bring home the gold ball, then everybody can let it rip, but remember, there is no substitution for class!

GO DC!!!!!!

Coach Froedden is at Sycamore now. Great guy and an excellent coach. It is a shame he never got a chance to coach all the talent DC has now. If memory serves me correct, the only player on the floor now that Coach Froedden coached is Crittendon, and I think he was a freshmen then. DC fans could help me out on that one. Good game tonight Choctaws and good luck the rest of the way. Who won the Mitchell - BTW game?

I've seen Haywood, Mitchell, and Dyer Co. all play. The better game will be Haywood and Mitchell. They've played each other during the season and if I remember correctly they were both close games. As for BTW/Dyer Co. I don't see how a team can be much better than Dyer Co.! They're loaded and I do believe two teams from Region 7AA will be playing in Murfreesboro! Good Luck to Haywood and Dyer Co.!

I've seen Haywood, Mitchell, and Dyer Co. all play. The better game will be Haywood and Mitchell. They've played each other during the season and if I remember correctly they were both close games. As for BTW/Dyer Co. I don't see how a team can be much better than Dyer Co.! They're loaded and I do believe two teams from Region 7AA will be playing in Murfreesboro! Good Luck to Haywood and Dyer Co.!

Thanks GC... it should be an interesting game! Are you coming to DC's game Monday or are you going to UC's game?

I'm debating. I do believe BTW/DC will be the better game but I just love watching UC. Most likely I'll be in Newbern. I haven't seen BTW and UC will most likely win. I'll be in the 'boro to watch you guys as well if your there! The West should be WELL represented in all classes (A,AA,AAA). I think the only team that'll give Ridgeway or Kirby fits at state will be Clarksville. Tyrone Caldwell from Clarksville is a BAD BAD MAN!!!!!!