Dyer County vs Covington

Jellyrolls

Great observation Smitty ! Most folks that don't attend D.C games regularly don't realize how much "Bench Play" goes on during any one contest. I dare say that ther are a "minute percentage" of teams where the "underclassmen" / bench get the playing time as those of D.C. ! I was NOT at the game last night & haven't been able to attend any since the "War"@ Dyersburg's gym since I'm stuck workin' in Ohio in close to 8" of snow. However, this is NOT the first time that D.C has rung up large numbers (many of those coming off the deep bench that D.C. is blessed with). If Coach McCord put Justin back in for the recognition that he SO deserves then I can think of no single player that deserves it any more. Talented, unselfish, class act .................. ! Certainly his playing time has seldom been the majority of any given ball game (nor has any of the starting five) when I have been in attendance. I've seen all but the cheerleaders & mascot get minutes in many games that I was able to attend. Justins numbers are more than impressive & I have seen him play VERY few games where he was on the floor for the entire or even MOST of the contest.Just curious, after he was reentered how many did he score ! Justins numbers when compared to other "premier" players are even more impressive because of the amount of time that he spends sitting. JMHO

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Justin didn't score again and I believe he re-entered for about 20 seconds or something like that. He ended the game with 16 points when he probably could have had 30... very unselfish player. Since you weren't here for the game let me tell you there was a sequence of plays that lasted about 30 seconds (could have been longer but hey, time flies) that the Choctaws simply had every fan in attendance shaking their heads. I'm sure you will talk to some who were there and they can explain it in detail, but I was left thinking what I just saw on the court was something I will not forget for a long, long time.

From what I saw, Coach McCord started subbing 4 minutes into the game. He subbed all night long. Even freshmen were in the game at times. cujo just took it to personal. His players were getting hit with waves of runs all night long. The last being the Big Sinumi he couldn't over come. I give them credit, they did weather two big waves of runs,but the last wave was a Monsoon. cujo should be proud of the way his team kept comming back. Instead he focussed on something entirely different. I think cujo has alot of pride and his pride got the best of him. I hope he has learned a lesson from his actions.

Justin didn't score again and I believe he re-entered for about 20 seconds or something like that. He ended the game with 16 points when he probably could have had 30... very unselfish player. Since you weren't here for the game let me tell you there was a sequence of plays that lasted about 30 seconds (could have been longer but hey, time flies) that the Choctaws simply had every fan in attendance shaking their heads. I'm sure you will talk to some who were there and they can explain it in detail, but I was left thinking what I just saw on the court was something I will not forget for a long, long time.

That's about what I thought ! The "sequence" you're talkin' about must've been something, cause those kids have had me "shakin' my head ALL year long ! I've been listening via radio/ cell phone, but I had some static last night so I don't really know what it is that you are talin about. Keep up the good work Smitty ! Congratulate the Trojan players for me on a great year, the D.C. D'burg games ALL year long have given me a great deal of enjoyment.............. not just because D.C prevailed, but OOOOOOH WHAT A RIVALRY !

That's about what I thought ! The "sequence" you're talkin' about must've been something, cause those kids have had me "shakin' my head ALL year long ! I've been listening via radio/ cell phone, but I had some static last night so I don't really know what it is that you are talin about. Keep up the good work Smitty ! Congratulate the Trojan players for me on a great year, the D.C. D'burg games ALL year long have given me a great deal of enjoyment.............. not just because D.C prevailed, but OOOOOOH WHAT A RIVALRY !

73 wish you could have seen it...unbelievable. You know when you bring D'burg to their feet cheering it was something!!!!!

The sequence he is talking about within that short and i mean short period of time they had 83 or 84 pts and at the end of that sequence (ended with Covington calling a needed timeout) jumped up to 99 pts just like that but not the usual steal the ball easy layup or dunk this was defense all together blocks, steals, and all out hustle... which turned into a layup but a contested layup....Covington was a very athletic team with a bunch of talent... Good job to you guys on a Good Season!

THOSE 30-45 SECONDS WERE AWESOME..DISPLPAY OF WHAT THE CHOCTAWS CAN DO AT "ANYTIME" IN "ANY GAME".. DC PLAYED MOST OF THE GAME WITHOUT THIS TYPE OF PRESSURE "D" THAT IS A STAPLE OF THEIR GAME. GO CHOCTAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Statement and questions.

This is the playoffs. That means you play to win. You take no chances. This game was a one and done game. If you can`t take it, schedule some middle schools.

Since when did winning a game, especially a playoff game, by 24 pts, become running up the score? That`s an average win for alot of teams.

A question to the Charger coach: how many games have you told your players to slow down on their scoring?

Can you say ANGER MANAGEMENT CLASSES?

Statement and questions.

This is the playoffs. That means you play to win. You take no chances. This game was a one and done game. If you can`t take it, schedule some middle schools.

Since when did winning a game, especially a playoff game, by 24 pts, become running up the score? That`s an average win for alot of teams.

A question to the Charger coach: how many games have you told your players to slow down on their scoring?

I said tranquilizer earlier...but I swear that man was so hopped up they could have shot him with a tranquilizer gun and it wouldn't have had effect. I hope the TSSAA smacks a big ole fine on him. Choctaws played better than I've seen in awhile in my opinion.

Statement and questions.

EXACTLY MY SENTIMENTS ON ANY TEAM SCORING TO WIN..WHEN YOU"VE GOT A 15+ PT LEAD AND THE OTHER TEAM HAS EXHIBITED SCORING TO GET CLOSER TO A WIN ANY COACH SHOULD / WILL PUT THEIR STARTERS IN TO BE ASSURED ( TAKE NO CHANCES ) THE TEAM DOESNT LOSE CONTROL OF THE GAME WINDING UP WITH A LOSS. ITS THE PLAYOFFS AND ITS ONE AND DONE. ANY COACH WOULD HAVE RESPONDED AS COACH MCCORD WITH COVINGTON CLOSING THE GAP SEVERAL TIMES.

DID COV COACH ACTUALLY THINK DC WOULD PURPOSELY LET HIS TEAM GET ANY CLOSER?? WHAT WOULD HE HAVE DONE??? ANSWER: EXACTLY AS COACH MCCORD DID ! TO ANSWER ?? ABOUT BLAKE BEING REINSERTED WAS FOR "RECOGINATION" APPAUSE FROM ALL DC FAITHFUL HE RIGHTFULLY DESERVES. ALL CHOCTAW PLAYERS ARE TREATED IN THE SAME FASHION FOR "RECOGINATION" ONLY FROM DC FAITHFUL!!

"KUDOS" TO ALL CHARGER PLAYERS ON AN EXCELLANT SEASON.

CHOCTAWS GET REVVED UP "ORANGE" FOR ANOTHER BIG GAME TOMORROW NIGHT AGAINST THE TOMCATS OF HAYWOOD.

"DC PRIDE " " DC PRIDE " " DC PRIDE"

GO CHOCTAWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard that after they separated the coaches, there was a problem in the corner of the gym and the police took someone down and hauled them out. Does anybody know what happened there and who was involved? Was that still the Covington coach causing problems?

Could have very well been a by product. When a person in the position of Covington's basketball coach displays anger publicly ,in that manner, it can raise the emotions of many or all associated with the program.