Dyer County vs Covington

Jellyrolls

Tell ya what I do know...Cov.'s coach needs a tranquilizer /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Oh and DC rocks!!!!

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> thats funny /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Covington's coach is just a sore loser in my opinion. He had no reason to jump on coach McCord after the game. He accused McCord of running up the score, which is a bogus complaint. Dyer Co. only had a 12 point lead with 5 minutes left in the game. Then Dyer Co went on a 15-20 point spurt and put the game away. The only thing I saw that McCord shouldn't have done was take Blake out of the game , then put him back in in the closing minutes of the game. Blake didn't do anything but stand out there and watch the other young players run the plays. I think the coach from Covington shouldn't have caused such a stink in the first place. Just Bad Sportsmanship in my opinion.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> thats funny /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

On a more serious note..what is sad is besides his embarassing lack of self control..which was GLARINGLY obvious.... is that this man is supposed to set an example for his players, teach them to win and lose with grace, teach them accountability and responsibility, teach them to become better people...and he failed..rather MISERABLY, I might add. HE is SUPPOSED to be an ADULT...not the child. My 6 yr. old could have handled things with more dignity and self control than that.

On a more serious note..what is sad is besides his embarassing lack of self control..which was GLARINGLY obvious.... is that this man is supposed to set an example for his players, teach them to win and lose with grace, teach them accountability and responsibility, teach them to become better people...and he failed..rather MISERABLY, I might add. HE is SUPPOSED to be an ADULT...not the child. My 6 yr. old could have handled things with more dignity and self control than that.

Yes my thoughts exactly i admit i've lost games before when i helped coach baseball and played baseball and i've never handled it like that or if i have never in front of the team that just beat me or in front of any body of my team!

Outside of last year's Liberty squad, Dyer County is the best I have seen in the last 5 years. The unselfish style of play tonight and throughout the season is why the Choctaws will return from Murfreesboro with a 'Gold Ball'. It appears every team Dyer County faces ends up trying to run with the Choctaws and it just isn't going to happen. These young men are certainly worth the price of admission x 10.

I'm confused. Are you talking about the way McCord acted at Liberty or the way Covington's coach acted tonight? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" What I am piecing together is DC had Blake (and other starters?) in the game late with a 20+ point lead? Am I close?

Outside of last year's Liberty squad, Dyer County is the best I have seen in the last 5 years. The unselfish style of play tonight and throughout the season is why the Choctaws will return from Murfreesboro with a 'Gold Ball'. It appears every team Dyer County faces ends up trying to run with the Choctaws and it just isn't going to happen. These young men are certainly worth the price of admission x 10.

They are GREAT to watch aren't they???? You are right they are unselfish...truly work together as a team. VERY attuned to each other on the floor.

I'm confused. Are you talking about the way McCord acted at Liberty or the way Covington's coach acted tonight? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" What I am piecing together is DC had Blake (and other starters?) in the game late with a 20+ point lead? Am I close?

Covington's coach... it was a lead of about 12 and he put a couple of starters back in and within about a minute they put the game away and the starters came back out and they were swapped in and out all night!!

No the WAY Covington's coach acted. Blake was in with some subs...no running up the score. You are no where near close. I don't give a care if they ran it up 100...no adult in a coaching position should EVER act like that. HAS not a dang thing to do with Liberty....Liberty is out.