White House vs. Livingston Academy

BenStiller23

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a member of the broadcasting fraternity that has seen both teams play several times this year in person and a true non-bias fan, anybody that thinks one of these teams would win 9-out-10 match-ups is crazy.

Could one of these teams win by 15 points? Of course, but it's not likely and here's why......

As all LA fans know, it all starts and ends with Dunn. Yes, Smith can get hot from the outside, but he is not consistent enough to tag as a "real threat," just look at his inconsistency of late. But don't expect WH to run a whole lot of gimmicks at Dunn, but instead match-up against him one on one and the occassional double team. WH doesn't care if he scores 35 points (look at Jenkins from Station Camp) and WH beat them 2-out-3 this year. The key will be stopping everyone else. There is no way that WH will allow Dunn to take over like Station Camp did. That has to be the worst coaching of the year. Station Camp kept letting him drive to the basket and never stopped his penetration. Unexcusable - make someone else beat you in crunch time. And WH will.

WH has a guard that can match-up with Dunn (notice I didn't say stop him), he plays hard like Dunn and is very quick. I don't know if WH will put him on Dunn as that will make him burn a lot of energy in the defensive end, but that should be a good match-up to watch. He is #24 and has the last name of Neal (There are 2 Neals on the team, but I believe it's Chad Neal)

As for WH offense, it starts, but doesn't end with Gaines. For all of you that think Gaines is out of shape, your totally wrong. I watched him play Station Camp twice this year and one game he played 45 minutes and the other one I watched he dominated while he was in there, but he had some foul trouble. He is a D-1 college signee (football) and they don't usually sign out of shape, lazy ball players. You will see the effort that is needed from Gaines without a doubt. LA will NOT be able to stop him when he gets the ball, but I think they will key on denying him the ball. Thats their best chance. However, they just got back from an injury, their #2 guard Barnes. He is as good as an any outside shooter you will see and he has the ability to drive and create shots. LA will have to respect him.

The bench edge will go to LA, but not by much. Both teams can go 9 deep, but trust me, neither wants to. They would both like to keep that number around 8.

My prediction is this........

This game will not be decided by Dunn or Gaines, both coaches are too good to be beaten by the obvious threat, but instead this game will be decided by a player that we are not talking much about in my opinion. But of all the games being played tonight, there aren't many out there that will be better than this one in my opinion, but who knows it could be a 30-point blow-out either way.

One last thing, I enjoy reading the post back and forth on this game and many other ones out there, but in the future, please leave the personal jabs at home. The kids who play this game, give it 110% and they also read these post. I know that they have to have thick skin, but there is a line that you can cross and I think as adults we should know that line and when one of our own fans cross it, we should be the first to call them out, so it doesn't happen again. But please don't encourage it or worse, join it.

This game is too great and YOUR kids that are playing it deserve more than that.

Everyone have a great time at the game, it should be a great one!

YOUR ABOUT TO FIND OUT TOMMORROW

Yeah seriously if White House was that good they would have ran upperman out of the gym. no body besides gaines can score.... Dunn will probably drop 50 on them if he plays like he did last night... and i dont see anyone on the white house squad stopping him or anybody else on the livingston team.. I dunno for sure but station camp must have had a bad game against white house cuz from the way they played last night station camp should have beaten wh by 20 points...Howard beat McMinn Central. White house pack your bags ur going to howard... and while your down there livingston will enjoy some home cooking back at hogeye and will be gettin our spot down in the boro. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

YAHHH....bring it home HOG-EYE. White House don't want none. They will find that out tomorrow night. God must have been feeling generous this season when White House beat SC, because from what I have saw so far, yes, SC is around 20 points better than them. Throw everything ya want at Dunn and company, Melton will be ready as well. The Wildcats are playing some magnificent ball right now, just hope for WH that Dunn drops around 50 so we can all quit hearing about how great their defense is....LA by 15. We'll be seein ya!!

Radioguy.. Not a bad post, but the way I read it, it is very biased.As all LA fans know, it all starts and ends with Dunn is a half truth. Offensively, yes Dunn is generally the go to guy, but TJ, Todd (the Smiths), McClearan and Ramsey (as of late), West, Melton, Peterman, and company have played key roles in the offensive scheme. Todd Smith hit two huge free throws verses SC with 30 some odd seconds left to put LA ahead for good. Dunn had the huge night, but there were alot of little things the stat book did not tell in that particular game..or many others this season.

As all LA fans know, it all starts and ends with Dunn....only a half truth. They play a 5 men on defense not 1.

Both teams can go 9 deep, but trust me, neither wants to. Wrong again. WH may not want to but LA has every game this year. That is why they don't lose alot when they substitute.

You wrote half a page about White House and how they are going to do it and never one time mention the remote chance LA has or would have in this game. You mention Dunn and how horrible SC's coaching was but the SC's coach said himself he would have done it the same. They were contested shots. So, now Wh has the answer in Neal. And you so nicely say TJ is not a "real threat" beacuse he is struggling as of late. Ever think this might be the break-out game? No, you seem to think It will be the Gaines/Barnes/The two Neals and whoever else show. And it very well may be, but please don't think it all starts and ends with Dunn....Or rather do think that, and even convince White House of that too.

If we win this game we will finally host a sectional and it would be unbelievable. It's here and time to see who wants it more. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I think both teams are thinking this. Should be a great game tonight.

As a member of the broadcasting fraternity that has seen both teams play several times this year in person and a true non-bias fan, anybody that thinks one of these teams would win 9-out-10 match-ups is crazy.

Could one of these teams win by 15 points? Of course, but it's not likely and here's why......

As all LA fans know, it all starts and ends with Dunn. Yes, Smith can get hot from the outside, but he is not consistent enough to tag as a "real threat," just look at his inconsistency of late. But don't expect WH to run a whole lot of gimmicks at Dunn, but instead match-up against him one on one and the occassional double team. WH doesn't care if he scores 35 points (look at Jenkins from Station Camp) and WH beat them 2-out-3 this year. The key will be stopping everyone else. There is no way that WH will allow Dunn to take over like Station Camp did. That has to be the worst coaching of the year. Station Camp kept letting him drive to the basket and never stopped his penetration. Unexcusable - make someone else beat you in crunch time. And WH will.

WH has a guard that can match-up with Dunn (notice I didn't say stop him), he plays hard like Dunn and is very quick. I don't know if WH will put him on Dunn as that will make him burn a lot of energy in the defensive end, but that should be a good match-up to watch. He is #24 and has the last name of Neal (There are 2 Neals on the team, but I believe it's Chad Neal)

As for WH offense, it starts, but doesn't end with Gaines. For all of you that think Gaines is out of shape, your totally wrong. I watched him play Station Camp twice this year and one game he played 45 minutes and the other one I watched he dominated while he was in there, but he had some foul trouble. He is a D-1 college signee (football) and they don't usually sign out of shape, lazy ball players. You will see the effort that is needed from Gaines without a doubt. LA will NOT be able to stop him when he gets the ball, but I think they will key on denying him the ball. Thats their best chance. However, they just got back from an injury, their #2 guard Barnes. He is as good as an any outside shooter you will see and he has the ability to drive and create shots. LA will have to respect him.

The bench edge will go to LA, but not by much. Both teams can go 9 deep, but trust me, neither wants to. They would both like to keep that number around 8.

My prediction is this........

This game will not be decided by Dunn or Gaines, both coaches are too good to be beaten by the obvious threat, but instead this game will be decided by a player that we are not talking much about in my opinion. But of all the games being played tonight, there aren't many out there that will be better than this one in my opinion, but who knows it could be a 30-point blow-out either way.

One last thing, I enjoy reading the post back and forth on this game and many other ones out there, but in the future, please leave the personal jabs at home. The kids who play this game, give it 110% and they also read these post. I know that they have to have thick skin, but there is a line that you can cross and I think as adults we should know that line and when one of our own fans cross it, we should be the first to call them out, so it doesn't happen again. But please don't encourage it or worse, join it.

This game is too great and YOUR kids that are playing it deserve more than that.

Everyone have a great time at the game, it should be a great one!

Finally a non-biased opinion. NOT. I totally agree with bigdaddy. I bet you have seen WH play a few more games than you have LA(LOL). radio, you are obviously a White House fan and that's ok. What I would like to know is WHICH D-1 football school did gaines sign with? I wasn't aware that Tennessee St. was D-1. Any scholarship for a kid is great, but since you are a TRUE non-biased person I just wanted to help you get your facts straight.

Big Daddy1 ...........did you get any sleep last night or are you still going on that high from tuesday night !! Or are you getting an early start for tonight's game on that ten speed ?? Don't let the older WH fans get under your skin their pretty much ok. They are pretty much biased towards their kids like us old HOG-EYE fans are. The main difference in us is that we speak the TRUTH /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> No this should be a real good game but I think our kids want it more than most teams and that was pretty evident against SC.

Also I just wanted to reflect back on the Goodpasture game 2 yrs ago and the Station Camp game from last year and how much our kids have matured since those games. Those were hard pills to swallow but they have been the driving force to get where you are right now. I know if there's anything left in the tank that you guys will lay it on the line. Give it your best, play hard, clean and obtain another one of your goals....Region 4AA Champions.

Big Daddy1 ...........did you get any sleep last night or are you still going on that high from tuesday night !! Or are you getting an early start for tonight's game on that ten speed ?? Don't let the older WH fans get under your skin their pretty much ok. They are pretty much biased towards their kids like us old HOG-EYE fans are. The main difference in us is that we speak the TRUTH /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> No this should be a real good game but I think our kids want it more than most teams and that was pretty evident against SC.

Also I just wanted to reflect back on the Goodpasture game 2 yrs ago and the Station Camp game from last year and how much our kids have matured since those games. Those were hard pills to swallow but they have been the driving force to get where you are right now. I know if there's anything left in the tank that you guys will lay it on the line. Give it your best, play hard, clean and obtain another one of your goals....Region 4AA Champions.

Not much sleep around here. I am typing from my cell phone as I travel down 111. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> BenStiller and LARRYBIRD don't bother. I actually like reading ther biased stuff. You can have fun with biased people. It's the "true non-biased" opinions that kill me. Thats not a shot just to radio guy either. Trying to be non biased yet reaking with one team. That bothers me. White House does have a good fan base. Should be a great game from a fans point of view.

I agree about the past two season's. You see the maturity. I think you will see the best out of both teams. I just hope we are on the up-side at the end of the game. Good luck boys!!

GO BIG BLUE!!

Having seen both teams play, I have to give the nod to our district rival LA. WH is a good ball team, but not to the caliber of Livinston. Period... LA and my Bees are bitter district rivals in both men's and women's bball all year long!! Nothing is as fullfilling as beating the Wildcat's, or vise versa, beating the Bees. However, when regional play starts we pull for district 7AA. By the way is the game over yet between the Bees and WH???? When I left WH was still shooting free throws. Uppermans guards have had trouble with LA all year, up until the district finals, and they pretty much handled the guards of WH the other night. It will be a long night for WH guards when they have to find and stay with Dunn, and the rest of the LA crew. I know the LA faithful will show up in groves, and yell there hearts out. I will be yelling for ya as well, only at home listening on the radio. (wish i could be there) Honestly this should be a all district 7AA final. If White House gets the calls they recieved against Upperman, Livingston could be in for a long night. Anytime a team shoots 30 free throws to your 5 its hard to compete. (yes that's right WH 30 free throws to UHS 5) Trust me LA you'll be yelling for the hook call on Gaines as well, but probably won't get it. If i didn't know better i would have thought the game was being played at WH. I've heard some of the UHS players talking about this game and they are all pulling for LA big time!!! I guess they have a bitter taste in there mouth after the hosing they recieved from the officials the other night. Anyways, all i got left to say is.............

H-O-G, E-Y-E, HOG EYE, HOG EYE, TNT!!!!!!!!! GO CATS!!!