Austin-East Roadrunners at Unicoi County Blue Devils

52fan52

I have never experienced Unicoi's student section because I have never played at Unicoi's court, so I can't comment on the student's sportsmanship. However, their players showed us respect and acted with class and integrity when I played them earlier in the season. They deserve to go play in the state tourney and I hope they get that opportunity. Good luck Devils.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never experienced Unicoi's student section because I have never played at Unicoi's court, so I can't comment on the student's sportsmanship. However, their players showed us respect and acted with class and integrity when I played them earlier in the season. They deserve to go play in the state tourney and I hope they get that opportunity. Good luck Devils.

Bump.

I just wanted to say, AE is exactly what its name stats roadRUNNERS!!! IF you can't run, then you're done!!!! AE is very upset after the Fulton blowout so UC, you're catching the Roadrunners at a Bad Time. I wish you the best of Luck but I'm sorry, AE is just going to show you how they were supposed to Ball THursday night at AC versus Fulton. This game may get ugly.

I'm planning on making the drive from Knoxville, is this school hard to find? Also, are the fans going to treat us visitors friendly?

Let me address that a little more, I heard a lot of bad things about going to Scott County but once I made the trip I was very pleased at the way they treated us. I love Scott County and the people who swore up and down it was a bad place to go for the people from the inner city were wrong. Can I count on the sayings I'm getting now about the UC? Will it be exactly what people are saying or will I be treated with respect and kindly?

I just wanted to say, AE is exactly what its name stats roadRUNNERS!!! IF you can't run, then you're done!!!! AE is very upset after the Fulton blowout so UC, you're catching the Roadrunners at a Bad Time. I wish you the best of Luck but I'm sorry, AE is just going to show you how they were supposed to Ball THursday night at AC versus Fulton. This game may get ugly.

I'm planning on making the drive from Knoxville, is this school hard to find? Also, are the fans going to treat us visitors friendly?

Let me address that a little more, I heard a lot of bad things about going to Scott County but once I made the trip I was very pleased at the way they treated us. I love Scott County and the people who swore up and down it was a bad place to go for the people from the inner city were wrong. Can I count on the sayings I'm getting now about the UC? Will it be exactly what people are saying or will I be treated with respect and kindly?

I have full confidence that you will be treated with respect and kindness. A lot has changed over the years in Unicoi County and the issues that I believe you are concerned with have not been a problem in quite sometime. Our regular season opponents are quite diverse and there have been little to no issues in that respect. We hosted Science Hill this season and by ALL accounts it was enjoyed by both teams' supporters.

Oh and the high school is not hard to find either.

As far as the game is concerned, I wouldn't count out the Blue Devils just yet. There's a reason we've won thirty games and you may be surprised with our own ability to run and gun. All in all it should be an awesome showdown Monday night!

Go Devils!

Congrats to unicoi!!! Wish it could of been a cdhs vs unicoi match up in the districts and regionals.. but hey it didnt play out to are cards... Lucky buzzer beater lol /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> But i think Austin east will lose cause they will not be able to handle the role players of unicoi.. cause thats what everyteam had trouble with!! but I hope unicoi wins!!!! GO devils.. you will never hear me say that agian!!!

uc 78 ae 64

As someone associated with Anderson County, we had the pleasure of playing both of these teams. AE ended our season in a hard fought game. They are extremely good with solid guards and athletic bigs. They are relentless on the boards and bring more pressure than anyone in the Upper East on the press. AC also played Unicoi in the preseason at Milligan. They're Coach said they had all of their players and AC was missing 4 starters who were already playing football. I know it was not a real game, but AC easily won by double digits because of AC's press and rebounding. I think Unicoi will compete with AE, but will not be able to handle AE's pressure. Last year in substate, I thought Pigeon Forge was loaded, but they had not seen anything like AE and it took them 2 and half quarters to adjust. Good luck to both teams, but AE by 14-20.....

Better watch out.... they hung an elephant up there back in the day!

Elephant Hung in Erwin

Just one of those historical tidbits that I find fascinating.

I've seen AE play a couple of times season and when they decide to really play, they are hard to beat. Good size and not afraid to use it. Kenny Jones is a banger and gets physical. Sounds like a great game. What does Unicoi Have this year? Any stats on the Blue Devils?

I'm really excited about coming and I don't have a problem with all the stereotype that's being said, i mean AE gets them all the time ... So it don't matter to me what's being said. I'm just ready to get the game on..

Good luck and GO AE...... Its time for a GOLD BALL

whatever the score....the game will be interesting! Austin East has no idea what they are getting into, and Unicoi doesn't have a clue what's coming! will be interesting....especially with the redneck student section. after thursday night, the bludevil "black" section gets the award for poorest sport-biggest redneck section of the region. several others are in close running, but the "black" bluedevil student section gets the region championship award for the poorest display of sportsmanship. me and the bulldog had to move to the other side of the gym. finally got tired of hearing them berate rutledge unnecessarily. comments totally outside common sense. any other school administration in the region would have stopped it, but after all it was UNICOI so i guess noone was really suprised. go ahead and let me have it for my comments, but you can't change the truth! see how Austin East handles them!!!!!!!!!! by the way, the bluedevils on the court - congratulations on a hard game and the region win!

o yea buddy were really redneck..im pretty sure i saw SOOOO many people prancing around in their southern pride shirts and you no what i couldve swore i saw some guy in a cowboy hat waving a rebel flag at the top of the bleachers...can you believe that???????? my god what country people...yea right i didnt see one redneck person in that student section and thats the way it is..you lost and now your just trying to find a reason to whine and complain. so i hope you have an enjoyable trip to knoxville douche bag.

whatever the score....the game will be interesting! Austin East has no idea what they are getting into, and Unicoi doesn't have a clue what's coming! will be interesting....especially with the redneck student section. after thursday night, the bludevil "black" section gets the award for poorest sport-biggest redneck section of the region. several others are in close running, but the "black" bluedevil student section gets the region championship award for the poorest display of sportsmanship. me and the bulldog had to move to the other side of the gym. finally got tired of hearing them berate rutledge unnecessarily. comments totally outside common sense. any other school administration in the region would have stopped it, but after all it was UNICOI so i guess noone was really suprised. go ahead and let me have it for my comments, but you can't change the truth! see how Austin East handles them!!!!!!!!!! by the way, the bluedevils on the court - congratulations on a hard game and the region win!

I did not get to attend Thursday??™s game, but I'm sure that the "blacked out" student section was not as bad as you say. Our student section seems to come across this problem every year, with someone voicing their opinion in an insincere way about our sportsmanship. Our students??™ just want to support our players the best way they know how....showing some school spirit and cheering at the top of their lungs until their voices are gone. I'm sure that you could have found a different and better word for "redneck"??¦and I'm sure one of my fellow students could have chosen to leave out "douche bag" at the end of his comment. Contrary to popular belief we are not illiterate, we can comprehend what you write, and 99.9% of our county practices good oral hygiene and bathe regularly. Yes the TOWN has had some very bad light shed on it, but very few of the people who live here had anything to do with these incidences. The students in the student section are very polite unless someone approaches them in an aggressive manner (i.e. cussing them, calling them rednecks, yada yada yada). On many occasions the student section has been asked to move to a different location so that parents of players could see, and without argument the students moved. By the way??¦.why are you watching the student section anyways? Didn??™t you pay $5 to watch the GAME. I appreciate some sincerity on your part by congratulating the team they have worked hard all season and it has paid off so far. I apologize for my fellow Unicoi Countians??™ rude and somewhat uncalled for comments against you??¦but remember if you keep ???rattling the cage??? eventually your going to get bit by what is in it. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I did not get to attend Thursday??™s game, but I'm sure that the "blacked out" student section was not as bad as you say. Our student section seems to come across this problem every year, with someone voicing their opinion in an insincere way about our sportsmanship. Our students??™ just want to support our players the best way they know how....showing some school spirit and cheering at the top of their lungs until their voices are gone. I'm sure that you could have found a different and better word for "redneck"??¦and I'm sure one of my fellow students could have chosen to leave out "douche bag" at the end of his comment. Contrary to popular belief we are not illiterate, we can comprehend what you write, and 99.9% of our county practices good oral hygiene and bathe regularly. Yes the TOWN has had some very bad light shed on it, but very few of the people who live here had anything to do with these incidences. The students in the student section are very polite unless someone approaches them in an aggressive manner (i.e. cussing them, calling them rednecks, yada yada yada). On many occasions the student section has been asked to move to a different location so that parents of players could see, and without argument the students moved. By the way??¦.why are you watching the student section anyways? Didn??™t you pay $5 to watch the GAME. I appreciate some sincerity on your part by congratulating the team they have worked hard all season and it has paid off so far. I apologize for my fellow Unicoi Countians??™ rude and somewhat uncalled for comments against you??¦but remember if you keep ???rattling the cage??? eventually your going to get bit by what is in it.

Jess, why do you think what's in the cage is in the cage? bite away. by the way, noone provoked your student section to act like rednecks. they are already pumped and red before anyone said/did anything to them. i guess they are just a product of the elephant hangers after all. enjoy AE tonight, it will be an education in many ways! by the way, glad at least one of you can read. tell the rest hello!