BTW @ Dyer County

N2Choctaws

Don't forget to save me a seat in the gym...lol... /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Find me and say hey! I wear the same thing to every game..superstitious....and God knows I'm not shy!!! Brown shirt, jeans, brown converse.Been thinking of wearing something diff...just to mix things up a bit! Haaa!!haaa!!! Seriously I'd get there early....gonna be packed to the rafters.Tell me what you're wearing and I'll look for you!!!!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Find me and say hey! I wear the same thing to every game..superstitious....and God knows I'm not shy!!! Brown shirt, jeans, brown converse.Been thinking of wearing something diff...just to mix things up a bit! Haaa!!haaa!!! Seriously I'd get there early....gonna be packed to the rafters.Tell me what you're wearing and I'll look for you!!!!

You're dad-gum right! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

So by what you are saying they have ALOT of speed on the court!! I have a few questions: Does that include the BIG guy (i think his name is Aubry Phillips)? Or is he like Shaq playing with the Suns?

Beavo5,

I'm saying that ALL the BTW players on the court (except the big kid) have demonstrated quickness, high-energy levels and the speed to change ends of the court and get into position to defend or shoot.

BTW is not a lumbering, bumbling stumbling team on defense or offense. They swiftly run up and down the court, all game long, especially the guards and the forwards. If the big kid is on the bench, then the reserve center (who, by the way, SHOULD be in the starting lineup) fits right into BTW running style. He's very active, defensively, and a much better offensive player, IMO.

The big kid starts but usually finds himself on the bench very quickly, for one reason or another. From what I've observed, that's where BTW should leave him the majority of the time.

I'm not trying to be ugly but, IMO, the big kid is nothing more than a "boat anchor!" He does not have the speed, conditioning or energy to be effective in a fast-paced game. He's slow as molasses and, as a result, often picks up those out-of-position, desperation "reach" fouls. Since he plays in the post, his fouls often lead to 3-point-play opportunities for the opposition. On the positive side, he is a wide body who can clog the lane and make it difficult for the opponent to get offensive rebounds.

On the offensive end, in fast paced game, the big kid usally does not get many touches, unless he gets the offensive rebound. Otherwise, BTW plays such a fast-paced game that their shots are in the air long before the big kid gets into position to receive a pass the post.

Red, white, and blue Lebron snikers, blue nike pants, and red nike shirt. I will probably get their around 5:30. I will leave nashville around 2.

Beavo5,I'm saying that ALL the BTW players on the court (except the big kid) have demonstrated quickness, high-energy levels and the speed to change ends of the court and get into position to defend or shoot. BTW is not a lumbering, bumbling stumbling team on defense or offense. They swiftly run up and down the court, all game long, especially the guards and the forwards. If the big kid is on the bench, then the reserve center (who, by the way, SHOULD be in the starting lineup) fits right into BTW running style. He's very active, defensively, and a much better offensive player, IMO.The big kid starts but usually finds himself on the bench very quickly, for one reason or another. From what I've observed, that's where BTW should leave him the majority of the time.I'm not trying to be ugly but, IMO, the big kid is nothing more than a "boat anchor!" He does not have the speed, conditioning or energy to be effective in a fast-paced game. He's slow as molasses and, as a result, often picks up those out-of-position, desperation "reach" fouls. Since he plays in the post, his fouls often lead to 3-point-play opportunities for the opposition. On the positive side, he is a wide body who can clog the lane and make it difficult for the opponent to get offensive rebounds.On the offensive end, in fast paced game, the big kid usally does not get many touches, unless he gets the offensive rebound. Otherwise, BTW plays such a fast-paced game that their shots are in the air long before the big kid gets into position to receive a pass the post.

I understand you weren't trying to be ugly and neither was I... I was trying to figure out if he had that defensive lineman in football speed or if he had Shaq speed... if he is such a in your terms "boat anchor" (this is nothing in anyway towards you just asking a question about the coach) why does the coach have him on the starting lineup?

Red, white, and blue Lebron snikers, blue nike pants, and red nike shirt. I will probably get their around 5:30. I will leave nashville around 2.

If you sit by adsmom i'll come down there and say whats up hopefully i won't lose my seat /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I understand you weren't trying to be ugly and neither was I... I was trying to figure out if he had that defensive lineman in football speed or if he had Shaq speed... if he is such a in your terms "boat anchor" (this is nothing in anyway towards you just asking a question about the coach) why does the coach have him on the starting lineup?If you sit by adsmom i'll come down there and say whats up hopefully i won't lose my seat /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

fellas i have been trying to figure that out all season, the long athletic forward is more active and fits perfect with their style of play. That means BTW can put 3 6'4 forwards and 2 5'8 guards on the floor and flat out run. Plus bring in more guards with experience and big Phillips off the bench for a short relief. Also as a reply to an earlier post, Ware won't force anything, all his points will be by using QUICKNESS to get to the goal...game time

I shall find you /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> Haaa!haaa!!! I should already be there!!!! I LUV game days! I have NO IDEA what the outcome of this game will be...from what has been said about the coaching, DC has an edge, but this time of the year ANYTHING can happen...DO OR DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO CHOCTAWS!!!! Oh...Good morning all you Choctaw/BTW fans!!!!

fellas i have been trying to figure that out all season, the long athletic forward is more active and fits perfect with their style of play. That means BTW can put 3 6'4 forwards and 2 5'8 guards on the floor and flat out run. Plus bring in more guards with experience and big Phillips off the bench for a short relief. Also as a reply to an earlier post, Ware won't force anything, all his points will be by using QUICKNESS to get to the goal...game time

Could it be for an intimidation factor???? You know huge kid to try to unsettle the other team from the start....could work for other teams....not DC!!!!!! Could honestly unsettle some less experienced team! Just a thought.....

A rematch from last season that saw a Thriller in Newbern.. CJ had the game winner with a runner in the lane at the buzzer /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Everyone thought these two teams would win their repsective regions and not see each other until the state tourney /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

This will be a much tougher BTW team than DC saw last season. The Choctaws will be on their home floor and that place will be rockin' .. One of the LOUDEST gyms I've ever heard was when DC won the game at the buzzer last year.

Good luck to DC and I hope to see you in the BORO next week /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

so you have changed out of the green t-shirt then??????

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

so you have changed out of the green t-shirt then??????

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Holy $%#&!!!! Haaaaa!!!!!haaaaaaa!!!!! Wish you could be there gatorbill.....I LUV ya!!!!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Holy $%#&!!!! Haaaaa!!!!!haaaaaaa!!!!! Wish you could be there gatorbill.....I LUV ya!!!!!

Wish I could be there also!!! One of these days there will be a matchup that gets us both in the same gym.

I will be in the Boro this week with Upperman, but if the JC boys make it past tonight, then I might stop down there again next week also. Friend of mine has a kid on their boys team.

Good luck, and hopefully it works out that I can harass you in person someday!!