BTW @ Dyer County

N2Choctaws

The zone didn't kill Memphis against UT. Memphis didn't make their free throws on top Dozier didn't come to play. Memphis attacked the zone with their zone offense. It just extremely hard to shoot that good from the outside the 1st half and try to accomplish the same thing the second half. Memphis could have zone Tennessee the same way by applying a box and one on Lofton, but that isn't their style. This topic is still hot in my mind so I better stop while I'm ahead. lol /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

[/quote

If Memphis hits two threes in the second half they win. Memphis played good enough defense to win but the outside shot failed them in the second half. I agree it's still hot hot in my mind so I better stop to. I had to eat alot of crowe after that game.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a great observation....Does BT have shooters and if so how many and can they consistently knock shots down beyond the three point line? Or do they just like to get you in a track meet? The reason I ask is because I would think that if Mitchell packed it in....could not BT make some outside shots to open things up or just attack the zone and get to the free throw line or kick the ball outside to the shooters or did the coach just not know to make the adjustment...I'm not claiming to be an expert but I would think they would have offensive sets for these situations? I know all that is easier said than done because Mitchell has great athletes....I'm just curious.......DC might go zone if BT has as much size as I've been told. I know DC has a great staff just from the games I have seen.

I have another question..kinda off topic...I have been saying for the last 10 years that if a team cannot shoot the three consistently in Highschool a team cannot have success at the highest level. I am an absoloutley firm beleiver the highschool game has evolved to the point the three pointer is as critical to success as anything...no matter how much size any given team might have. I have seen so many teams with great athletes that simply cannot shoot the three and without fail they always pay the price as the competetion gets stiffer. I have seen this over and over every season. Having said that if a team has size, speed, and can also shoot the three...that is a team that is almost unstopable with the right coaching. Do you agree or disagree that the three is that important to success? I see alot of teams hoisting shots but shoot a low percentage...these are not good shooting teams in my opinion. Great observation and a keen insight on BT Washington...gives those of us that haven't seen them something to think about. Thanks for your post.

Man hits some threes, what about the travel at the end of the game when Memphis was up by 1pt....lol...man....I had to hear about that loss all day from my students...lol....I begin to feel a little better when Vanderbilt beat UT. I basicly told them that UT played an out of body experience game that they couldn't put it back together again to try to beat their other arch rival Vanderbilt. :popcorneater

dc will run and press. thats the game they play. win or lose. im happy with that. win or lose. last year they did the same thing and fell behind. their top six players played almost the entire game. they were down 11 with 2 and a half minutes to go. pressed and outran btw til the end and held them scoreless. 13 to 0 run. btw won't underestimate them, but are they ready for round two. it will be the same kind of track meet. dc's game will hinge on their bench. it is deeper than last years and must produce. but don't think they will slow things down. they want to win, but if they lose they would rather losr 99 to 98 than 65 to 64. you can't be successful changing styles right now. i think they will win a tight game, but i know HOW IT WILL BE PLAYED. up tempo. it might be fred hortom remembers last year and how spent his team was in the end and WISHES dc would slow it down and play zone. it won't happen. changing now would admit defeat before the game starts. dc can run with btw and play them step for step. tip it and see who is best.

dc will run and press. thats the game they play. win or lose. im happy with that. win or lose. last year they did the same thing and fell behind. their top six players played almost the entire game. they were down 11 with 2 and a half minutes to go. pressed and outran btw til the end and held them scoreless. 13 to 0 run. btw won't underestimate them, but are they ready for round two. it will be the same kind of track meet. dc's game will hinge on their bench. it is deeper than last years and must produce. but don't think they will slow things down. they want to win, but if they lose they would rather losr 99 to 98 than 65 to 64. you can't be successful changing styles right now. i think they will win a tight game, but i know HOW IT WILL BE PLAYED. up tempo. it might be fred hortom remembers last year and how spent his team was in the end and WISHES dc would slow it down and play zone. it won't happen. changing now would admit defeat before the game starts. dc can run with btw and play them step for step. tip it and see who is best.

It's not about changing your game plan, its about strategizing to defeat your opponent and exposing their weaknesses. This game between BTW and DC is not checkers, it CHEST. You have to set up your moves and prepare to attack.

others observations on dc / btw game from without dc coaching ranks will not effect dc coaching decisions or dc style of play. we dc fans know how dc plays and no changes will be made except for different players switching on btw players from time to time. tip it up!!

GO CHOCTAWS !!!!!!!!!!!

It's not about changing your game plan, its about strategizing to defeat your opponent and exposing their weaknesses. This game between BTW and DC is not checkers, it CHEST. You have to set up your moves and prepare to attack.

Icy, you are most definitely correct it is not checkers it is chest! A chest match you have to predict your opponents next move and i've seen DC play all year... Don't be surprised if Coach McCord pulls a few tricks out of his playbook on BTW!! I don't know how the game is gonna end i hope when the clock hits those triple 0s that it is DC on top, but whoever wins this game will have earned it! Should be a good one! i would say getcha popcorn ready but you can't eat in the gym!

its not checkers or chess..it's basketball. dc forces tempo. even when they went to cookville this christmas break they played up tempo with the mid-state teams. did pretty good. lost their one game to white county. 75-71. hostile environment with white county thirty miles away. big team and a sub-state aaa team. they didn't change then and they wont now. tip it off. dc's stratagy is you have to outplay them at their game.

Icy, you are most definitely correct it is not checkers it is chest! A chest match you have to predict your opponents next move and i've seen DC play all year... Don't be surprised if Coach McCord pulls a few tricks out of his playbook on BTW!! I don't know how the game is gonna end i hope when the clock hits those triple 0s that it is DC on top, but whoever wins this game will have earned it! Should be a good one! i would say getcha popcorn ready but you can't eat in the gym!

both of u realize its called CHESS.

both of u realize its called CHESS.

Yes i do realize it is CHESS thanks for pointing out that I spelled something wrong!! and I bet you realize that its YOU not u!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yes i do realize it is CHESS thanks for pointing out that I spelled something wrong!! and I bet you realize that its YOU not u!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Beavo, you always have individuals on here who wants to be English teachers. We all are entitled to make mistakes sometimes. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

its not checkers or chess..it's basketball. dc forces tempo. even when they went to cookville this christmas break they played up tempo with the mid-state teams. did pretty good. lost their one game to white county. 75-71. hostile environment with white county thirty miles away. big team and a sub-state aaa team. they didn't change then and they wont now. tip it off. dc's stratagy is you have to outplay them at their game.

The forced tempo doesn't always work in the playoffs Jackeddie. I'm glad that you're not the coach at DC because with the philosophy of just thinking that a forced tempo will win all these crucial playoff games is absurd. We all know that this is a basketball game. The word chess was used to explain the situational coaching that needs to take play when the so-called forced tempo doesn't work and you have to pull out some ole coaching tricks to win the game. Around this time of year, all coaches that are still in the playoffs are looking to tweak some of the things that have made them successful thus far. It's not about changing your playbook, it about strategizing to defeat your opponent. Their isn't a such thing as one style defeats all in basketball because you have coaches that develops some really good game plans to defeat certain teams. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The forced tempo doesn't always work in the playoffs Jackeddie. I'm glad that you're not the coach at DC because with the philosophy of just thinking that a forced tempo will win all these crucial playoff games is absurd. We all know that this is a basketball game. The word chess was used to explain the situational coaching that needs to take play when the so-called forced tempo doesn't work and you have to pull out some ole coaching tricks to win the game. Around this time of year, all coaches that are still in the playoffs are looking to tweak some of the things that have made them successful thus far. It's not about changing your playbook, it about strategizing to defeat your opponent. Their isn't a such thing as one style defeats all in basketball because you have coaches that develops some really good game plans to defeat certain teams. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Must say I agree with this..any coach worth anything will strategize..kinda what scouting a game is about. You coming to the game Icy??