BTW @ Dyer County

N2Choctaws

I totally agree with you on that. There is an ole phrase that says if it isn??™t broken, don't try to fix it. For example, I remember when Madden 97 came out and an ole college buddy was extremely good at it. The only thing I was able to do in that game was on side kick and I on side kicked the whole game and ended up winning 72 to 0. I figured out that he couldn't stop the on side kick so I did it the whole game...lol...I know that example doesn't have anything to do with this up coming basketball game but my point is, if something is working, continue to execute it until the opposing team stop it.

Completely true!! When you find your opponents weakness, EXPLOIT IT! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warmachine,

That BTW performance was just another sad indictment, in an extremely long line, of BTW's extremely poor Coaching!

What a tremendous waste of talent, perenially, over there!

TraderB, you are totally correct. If you leave it up to the coach at BTW, he will find a way to give the game to the opposing team. The year they won the state with T-Head, BTW almost lost to Mitchell. Mitchell was leading that game by 15pts at one time until T-Head went bananas knocking down threes. As a result of that performance, the rest was history. He went on to set the TSSAA record for three pointers made. He also held the highest points scored in a game with 83pts (against Legend's beloved Manansas) until Wagner beat it 3 days later by scoring 100pts in a single game. Blake reminds me of T-head a little with his ability to shoot the three so well and that is a huge complement for Blake because T-head was unbelievable.

TraderB, you are totally correct. If you leave it up to the coach at BTW, he will find a way to give the game to the opposing team. The year they won the state with T-Head, BTW almost lost to Mitchell. Mitchell was leading that game by 15pts at one time until T-Head went bananas knocking down threes. As a result of that performance, the rest was history. He went on to set the TSSAA record for three pointers made. He also held the highest points scored in a game with 83pts (against Legend's beloved Manansas) until Wagner beat it 3 days later by scoring 100pts in a single game. Blake reminds me of T-head a little with his ability to shoot the three so well and that is a huge complement for Blake because T-head was unbelievable.

Wagner? Whats his first name? and Was he a Sr. when he scored 100pts?

Completely true!! When you find your opponents weakness, EXPLOIT IT! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Exploitation is fun..in most cases. Works for me. Of course Dc's style is fast paced, has been all year.They have stepped up their half court game steadily throughout the year..I believe it WILL come into play this game. It has been very easy to run and gun with some of the teams we have played with this year..they didn't have the speed or momentum to keep up. Taking the TIME to set plays will help..set a shot. Winging it does not work against all teams. In the Haywood game in certain instances IF they had slowed it down a little the margin at the end may have been diff. I am no expert...this is just an opinion. They still rock..regardless!! Ref's letting em play, consistency, who can keep cool during pressure...keeping emotions in check. There are a million factors. Already talked abot coaching..knowing when to call time outs..knowing at spur of the moment when changes need to be made. Like I said a million variables.

Up by 11, loses the game in the last few minutes...

When did Larry Finch start coaching for BTW?? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

anyway, I won't be in attendance, but I can't wait to read the reports from this game!

(especially now that I'm a Plus Member)

none of us i coaching dc, but how can anyone who has gone to all these games think mccord will change now. did mitchell slow things down to beat btw. the score tells me different. we will see who is more accurate monday. im not dc's coach, but if icy is someones coach im glad he is not ours. whats the old sports analogy - if you bring her to the party you gotta dance with her. mccord won't change his style. horton better be prepared to run all night and rest his starters. it will be a track meet.

Amen brother. They`re chasing us. Why would we change anything? Adjustments, sure. but he won`t change the Choctaw game plan. No need to!