BTW @ Dyer County

N2Choctaws

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beavo, you always have individuals on here who wants to be English teachers. We all are entitled to make mistakes sometimes. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yep I am not perfect and never will be I make my fair share of mistakes mostly on the spelling side, but if he wants to be an English teacher (they do not get paid much) go for it! I can turn it around on him! Thanks for having my back there, Icy!

none of us i coaching dc, but how can anyone who has gone to all these games think mccord will change now. did mitchell slow things down to beat btw. the score tells me different. we will see who is more accurate monday. im not dc's coach, but if icy is someones coach im glad he is not ours. whats the old sports analogy - if you bring her to the party you gotta dance with her. mccord won't change his style. horton better be prepared to run all night and rest his starters. it will be a track meet.

none of us i coaching dc, but how can anyone who has gone to all these games think mccord will change now. did mitchell slow things down to beat btw. the score tells me different. we will see who is more accurate monday. im not dc's coach, but if icy is someones coach im glad he is not ours. whats the old sports analogy - if you bring her to the party you gotta dance with her. mccord won't change his style. horton better be prepared to run all night and rest his starters. it will be a track meet.

I see now that I am talking to a brick wall. Mitchell went into a zone down the stretch of the game that ultimately determined the outcome of that game. If a coach will play his up-tempo game regardless of whom they are playing, why send somebody to scout their opponent. Once again, like adsmom86 said its called strategy not changing your game plan completely. I take that you have never coached anything because you obviously have a lot to learn. I stated in a previous post that DC will win this game because their coach will be the X-factor. This will be a chess match down the stretch whether it is in the beginning of the game or late in the game. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I see now that I am talking to a brick wall. Mitchell went into a zone down the stretch of the game that ultimately determined the outcome of that game. If a coach will play his up-tempo game regardless of whom they are playing, why send somebody to scout their opponent. Once again, like adsmom86 said its called strategy not changing your game plan completely. I take that you have never coached anything because you obviously have a lot to learn. I stated in a previous post that DC will win this game because their coach will be the X-factor. This will be a chess match down the stretch whether it is in the beginning of the game or late in the game. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I agree with you! Any coach will change it up from time to time in a game! But as for the changing your game completely that usually NEVER happens! Your style of play is your style of play but sometimes your style of play doesn't work entirely so you change your set plays to contain the other team but then change it back to catch your opponent off guard! Coaching is all about keeping your opponent off guard if that happens you will have a VERY GOOD chance of winning the ball game! GO CHOCTAWS!!!

I agree with you! Any coach will change it up from time to time in a game! But as for the changing your game completely that usually NEVER happens! Your style of play is your style of play but sometimes your style of play doesn't work entirely so you change your set plays to contain the other team but then change it back to catch your opponent off guard! Coaching is all about keeping your opponent off guard if that happens you will have a VERY GOOD chance of winning the ball game! GO CHOCTAWS!!!

Thanks Beavo5, it's good to know that there are other knowledgeable basketball fans on here with some common sense. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Didn't White County play a zone against DC in the tournament over Christmas? The game will probably end up like the Liberty game early in the season. Both teams will shoot layups when pressure is applied so both will back off. BTW had the game last year but wouldn't stop shoting when they were up 11 with 1 min. to go. Game plan changes a little but you still like to do certain things that are your strengths.

Must say I agree with this..any coach worth anything will strategize..kinda what scouting a game is about. You coming to the game Icy??

Yes, I plan on coming to the game. I'm here in Nashville so I will have to leave early because I know that all those DC fans will be there in orange representing to the fullest. If I don't make it to the game, I will definately be present in the Boro. If DC beat BTW, you can count on one more person pulling for DC because I want all the Gold to go back to the Wild Wild West. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Thanks Beavo5, it's good to know that there are other knowledgeable basketball fans on here with some common sense. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No problem Icy! Just thought i would put my 2 cents worth in there! I might not know what exactly to call against certain set plays but i know you can't just keep doing the same thing for the entire game but don't get me wrong if it is working YES KEEP IT GOING as long as it is working! But if it isn't working you have to change something!

Didn't White County play a zone against DC in the tournament over Christmas? The game will probably end up like the Liberty game early in the season. Both teams will shoot layups when pressure is applied so both will back off......... BTW had the game last year but wouldn't stop shoting when they were up 11 with 1 min. to go. Game plan changes a little but you still like to do certain things that are your strengths.

Warmachine,

That BTW performance was just another sad indictment, in an extremely long line, of BTW's extremely poor Coaching!

What a tremendous waste of talent, perenially, over there!

Yes, I plan on coming to the game. I'm here in Nashville so I will have to leave early because I know that all those DC fans will be there in orange representing to the fullest. If I don't make it to the game, I will definately be present in the Boro. If DC beat BTW, you can count on one more person pulling for DC because I want all the Gold to go back to the Wild Wild West. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

True that the gym will be LOADED WITH ORANGE!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> The game should be a good one! I've been ready since the Region win... Come on Choctaws continue on the WAR PATH!! GO CHOCTAWS!!

No problem Icy! Just thought i would put my 2 cents worth in there! I might not know what exactly to call against certain set plays but i know you can't just keep doing the same thing for the entire game but don't get me wrong if it is working YES KEEP IT GOING as long as it is working! But if it isn't working you have to change something!

I totally agree with you on that. There is an ole phrase that says if it isn??™t broken, don't try to fix it. For example, I remember when Madden 97 came out and an ole college buddy was extremely good at it. The only thing I was able to do in that game was on side kick and I on side kicked the whole game and ended up winning 72 to 0. I figured out that he couldn't stop the on side kick so I did it the whole game...lol...I know that example doesn't have anything to do with this up coming basketball game but my point is, if something is working, continue to execute it until the opposing team stop it.