Culleoka vs Eagleville

rockets

How about those two missed dunks in the game. The Eag. post player's dunk would of made that place erupt. But more important I think if Demario would of connected on his; it would of been a huge momentum swing. Speaking of calls... What about his NBA continuation foul and the basket in the first half. Refs make mistakes but wow!!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job by the crew in this game, tough game to work but it was a great atmosphere.

Regarding the continuation play, by rule, I think the official 'nailed it'. Keep in mind - the rule book says that if a player has started his shooting motion, he is granted a two shot foul or the 'and one' if the ball goes down. On this play, the kid had definetly "gathered" himself and had begun his shooting motion. Too many officials don't really understand the concept behind the rule and I see guys not rewarding the offensive player with free throws. There were a few mechanical issues that they could work on - (had a long switch in the third quarter) where C should have stayed opposite the table, but overall a solid effort. Good job guys !!

Nice job by the crew in this game, tough game to work but it was a great atmosphere.

Regarding the continuation play, by rule, I think the official 'nailed it'. Keep in mind - the rule book says that if a player has started his shooting motion, he is granted a two shot foul or the 'and one' if the ball goes down. On this play, the kid had definetly "gathered" himself and had begun his shooting motion. Too many officials don't really understand the concept behind the rule and I see guys not rewarding the offensive player with free throws. There were a few mechanical issues that they could work on - (had a long switch in the third quarter) where C should have stayed opposite the table, but overall a solid effort. Good job guys !!

I'm not one for being critical of referees for I have been one. But don't go overboard on complementing these referees. It was not a good job, when you have one referee dominating the game by making the majority of the calls and also making calls when he is out of position and all the way across the floor. They did a fair job in a tough environment but it was obvious that one referee did take personal some of the obnoxious comments made by fans. I know it is tough being a referee and I believe overall the referees were fair not good. I do want you to kinow in my time as a refree I was never good but fair. There is always room for improvement.

I'm not one for being critical of referees for I have been one. But don't go overboard on complementing these referees. It was not a good job, when you have one referee dominating the game by making the majority of the calls and also making calls when he is out of position and all the way across the floor. They did a fair job in a tough environment but it was obvious that one referee did take personal some of the obnoxious comments made by fans. I know it is tough being a referee and I believe overall the referees were fair not good. I do want you to kinow in my time as a refree I was never good but fair. There is always room for improvement.

were the refs great? NO, but have we won games w/ a lot worse officiating that that? YES! The refs didnt beat us last night. As has been the theme for about 3 weeks now, we just didnt play to our capability and we ran into a team that played a good ball game. Id like to say "if we had played in our gym...". But lets be honest, if we had we probably would have gotten some of those parks and rec league officials that we are used to seeing night in and night out that arent nearly as good as what we had last night. Good season boys! Keep your heads up, you don't have anything to be ashamed of!!!!!

Maxine122 that is cute.....However the NO calls at the end is not what beat Cully. Ice cold shooting in the 1st half for the second straight week is what beat them.

No, no, no...never for a second did I mean that is why we lost. I know...we couldn't get a shot to stay in at all! That's kind of how we roll, really hot or ice cold!