Josh Sain??™s MTSU basketball career over

Midstate

Sain's MTSU basketball career over

Freshman Josh Sain has been dismissed from the MTSU basketball team.

Sain, the 2007 Class AA state tournament MVP from Jackson Liberty Tech, did not suit up for MTSU??™s regular-season finale Saturday. Sain was suspended three times for five total games this season and had not played in the last nine games. He averaged 6.7 points and 2.5 rebounds in 15 games.

???Josh Sain will no longer participate in any more basketball activities at Middle Tennessee,??? MTSU coach Kermit Davis said. ???We??™re still going to support him fully in all his academics. He can use the academic enhancement center and hopefully Josh can take advantage of that and finish the spring semester out on a positive academic note.

???I can say this: Every coach, every teammate, every athletic support staff member has done everything humanly possible to support Josh to be successful on and off the floor. We wish him the best.???

Adam Spark, DNJ News

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad story...I watched this kid in highschool. Seemed the sky was the limit for him. I hope he can turn things around and be successful in life.

ACADAMICS, CHARACTER ON OFF THE B/B COURT MUST BE A HIGH PRIORITY FOR ANY H.S. PLAYER TO ACHIEVE IN HIS LIFE BEFORE GOING TO COLLEGE AND GET LOST IN THE COLLEGE LIFE ESPECIALLY OUTSIDE ACTIVITIES . TOO BAD JOSH DIDNT TAKE ANY/ALL ADVICE OTHERS SHOULD HAVE GIVEN HIM ABOUT BEING SUCCESSFUL ON AND OFF THE B/B COURT BEFORE GOING TO COLLEGE. IM SURE MTSU GIVE HIM THEIR FULL SUPPORT ALL SEASON AND JUST WOULDNT LISTEN... HOPEFULLY HE WILL FIND HIMSELF BEFORE HES LOST IN THE MAZE OF LIFE.

I have heard about Sain being in trouble and suspended etc. earlier in the season. It stinks to hear about this but I did see it coming. No D-1 school like that is going to take more risks after they've given him several chances. I have heard things Josh was in trouble for but honestly don't think it should be discussed. Good Luck to Josh and I hope he gets stuff turned around!

It's sad to see a Division 1 basketball player lose his full scholarship on stupidity. I heard him and Davis got into arguments on his first suspension, then failed a drug test, then had academic problems. I don't know if that info is 100% true though. Josh was a very great player for Liberty Tech, one of the top high school players in the state, and helped lead Liberty to back to back state tourney titles in 2006 and 2007.

Brandon Powell played in the state tournament a couple of years ago,was supposed to have signed with Florida,saw him playing with someone else,any one remember who? And why did he not play for the Gators?

Powell did sign and play with the Gators for one year. He didn't play much at all as a freshman but shouldn't have expected to either with a NCAA championship team in place. He left after his first year.

I think I heard he was going to Marshall but I'm not sure.