Old Franklin County HS Threads

bigmoney128

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brett Favre does own a house over there and has threw with the FC qb's a few yrs ago.

Favre is good friends with a local developer here. He also invested in a development or two in Franklin Co. One subdivision has a street named Favre Circle. Think that and our mild winters is enough to get him to leave the Green Bay area? Would even be a little closer to his hometown in MS. Heck fundraising for the booster club would be a breeze. But enough dreamin, got to get back and face reality of the boys adjusting again to yet another coaching change at FC.

Favre is good friends with a local developer here. He also invested in a development or two in Franklin Co. One subdivision has a street named Favre Circle. Think that and our mild winters is enough to get him to leave the Green Bay area? Would even be a little closer to his hometown in MS. Heck fundraising for the booster club would be a breeze. But enough dreamin, got to get back and face reality of the boys adjusting again to yet another coaching change at FC.

Don't forget the fishing and playing cards with Judge Perry

Hi Folks, From the coffee shop talk I heard today was McCurry is the man. Will be named probably this week. FC wants him bad from what I've heard. Vegas has McCurry 2-1 next FC coach. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

he almost took the job two yrs ago. I am sure he will get immediate tenure, job for his wife and a very healthy supplement. The players better be ready....workouts and practcies will be much tougher than they were under Britton. Mac will also insist you come to every practice. Skipping practices will no longer be tolerated.

Hi folks, Sounds like everything that you need to be a winner. Hard work and discipline. FC may be a force in the future. FC is a large school, it should not be hard to find some talent. I know they have very modern stadium and a very nice field house.

and if Mac is the coach...they will win...no ifs or butts

OK wingman, you seem to be in the know.

I know McCurry did well at Moore Co. and has done well at some school in MS, but he made a stop in between those two at Marshall Co. and if memory serves me correct; did not do well. I know that Marshall Co is on their 2nd coach since he left; but what did happen to make him leave there? Really, just curious!

Well i'm in the Know and I can tell you that he did very well in Marshall co. His teams won 3 region championships in 6 yrs could have won two more but ran into 2 state championship runner-ups (Greenbrier, David Lipscomb). In his career he has never missed the playoffs and hasn't advanced to at least the second round just twice also with 15 region championships in 21 yrs. I think FC should really be counting there blessings.