Who Wins State AAA?

fish5

Fish

As far as Bartlett is concerned here is some info. Their best player, Jasmine James, sat out the first part of the season when they lost those games. Since her return, they are 15-3 with the 3 losses coming to Millington. They are also the only team to beat Millington as well. James is as talented as anyone in the state and can carry a team but the supporting cast will have to pick it up a notch if they want to make some noise.

As far as Millington goes, they beat both teams from West TN that went to the state last year (East and Northside). In a hall of champions game, they lost on a last second shot to Lausanne. They have beaten East (sub state teamin AAA) twice this year. They have beaten Houston (sub state team in AAA) twice this year-once by 35 points. They have beaten Manassas (sub state team in A) twice this year and they beat Clarksville NE by 20 and they were ranked all year long.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smyrna could be the surprise. E.P. and Dymon are a dangerous combo, not to mention Ashley Meeks. She is probably the most solid contributor

Meeks is a very versatile player for Smyrna. She is just as dangerous inside as at the three-point line, can pull down the rebounds and with other scorers on the team that can finish can add up the assists. She is a 4.0 honor student and you can see that intelligence on the basketball court as she is asked to play several positions and knows them all well.

Wilson Central can still start a strong five with little Hassell in the mix but they will certainly be weaker from there on down. Burrough's can handle the ball well enough but what remains to be seen is if playing point will cost her some threes. From what I have seen Bud doesn't have anyone else ready that can handle the ball well enough.

Well with JC out that could mean somethings but Central could pull the first game off with ease but some of the players are going to have to step up and fell confident about taking the shot. Hassells are by far not all the talent on this team. Prior this game I would simply tell these girls to play their game shoot if and when they can and be confident that this is game one more to come.

Okay, let's get this off the ground with one prediction for starters.

I think the range of talent across the state and how little interplay among some of them to display match-up discrepancies precludes a definitive favorite. But I AM basing the below on youth of Millington, lack of play outside their region; the comparatively weak schedule of Oak Ridge; and the fact WC is down just a little with the loss of its point guard. I'll still give the nod to Millington in the 1st round (a one-loss record says a lot about the team under any conditions, but this game could very easily go Greeneville's way as well - but neither team should get by Cleveland or Smyrna). District 9 AAA can again claim the title of best district in state AAA/ 8AAA is down to second these days). Both Smyrna and Shelbyville are the two hottest teams right now, running over good opponents (Cleveland as well), and I ONLY give the nod in the finals to Shelbyville because some of their key players have experience in the State finals game from 2 years ago. Good luck to all. If each team dodges injuries this next week, I see 'um as follows:

Round 1

Millington

Thursday 2:00 pm

Greeneville

Cleveland

Thursday 5:30 pm

Smyrna

Oak Ridge

Thursday 7:00 pm

Shelbyville

Bartlett

Thursday 8:30 pm

Wilson Central

Round 2

Millington vs. Smyrna

Shelbyville vs. Wilson Central

Finals

Shelbyville clips Smyrna

So...what do the rest of you think? (and please justify your predictions - don't just display your partisanship to your favorite team)

Cleveland is the team to beat....3 D1 signees, 2 losses (one by 7 to #1 in nation), hard to bet against

Cleveland is the team to beat....3 D1 signees, 2 losses (one by 7 to #1 in nation), hard to bet against

Cleveland has a lot of talent - no doubt; but they did NOT lose by 7 to "#1" Christ the King on CTK's home court. Over the last 20 years, CTK has the best reputation for their program nationally over any other team - even Shelbyville; but this year is one of their down years. Murry Bergtraum of Manhattan (the current #2 team nationally) might have a stronger program these days, diluting CTK's past recruiting advantages. CTK has struggled this year and is NOT ranked in the top 25 or even the regional rankings. Most other years, a 7-point loss on CTK's home court would still be impressive...but not this year. The 7-point loss this year to non-ranked CTK on CTK's home court is not a resume builder. The eventual TN state championship team this year should be favored to beat CTK - even on CTK's home court. That's one reason I don't pick Cleveland to win it all. They have the guns to have a chance, but I don't put them as the favorite.

Fish

As far as Bartlett is concerned here is some info. Their best player, Jasmine James, sat out the first part of the season when they lost those games. Since her return, they are 15-3 with the 3 losses coming to Millington. They are also the only team to beat Millington as well. James is as talented as anyone in the state and can carry a team but the supporting cast will have to pick it up a notch if they want to make some noise.

As far as Millington goes, they beat both teams from West TN that went to the state last year (East and Northside). In a hall of champions game, they lost on a last second shot to Lausanne. They have beaten East (sub state teamin AAA) twice this year. They have beaten Houston (sub state team in AAA) twice this year-once by 35 points. They have beaten Manassas (sub state team in A) twice this year and they beat Clarksville NE by 20 and they were ranked all year long.

Fishy Fishy Fishy??¦??¦

West Tn will not lay down!

Get ya popcorn ready??¦??¦ Tick??¦Tock, Tick??¦Tock, Tick??¦Tock /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Fishy Fishy Fishy??¦??¦

West Tn will not lay down!

Get ya popcorn ready??¦??¦ Tick??¦Tock, Tick??¦Tock, Tick??¦Tock /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

It would be nice to see W. Tenn. win; doesn't happen too often. But I don't think Bartlett is the real challenger at this level. Millington is. I didn't get to watch Millington's recent 42-22 win over Bartlett on a neutral court. Any details explaining that?

Im sayin Greeneville over Millington...The Lady Devils are ready and back for the 5 STRAIGHT TIME!!!

I understand you're being a Greeneville fan, but what is your justification for Greeneville over Millington? Greeneville should be congratulated for 5 straight trips to the Boro, but they haven't done much damage once there, and their performance this year is similar to past years. Does this team have something more special than the other four with similar records?

I understand you're being a Greeneville fan, but what is your justification for Greeneville over Millington? Greeneville should be congratulated for 5 straight trips to the Boro, but they haven't done much damage once there, and their performance this year is similar to past years. Does this team have something more special than the other four with similar records?

Ok fish, I will give it a shot. Go easy on me. Seriously I believe GHS has a 50/50 shot, but my reasoning allows Millington to have a 50/50 shot as well. Millington is young and its been a while since they have been there. And the bright lights are always brighter and the goal a bit smaller it seems the first time around. The previous 4 times at state we have won the first round twice. So when you talk about history, Fish, that's history as well. Greeneville is talented and big inside and Nichole Dickson is one of the special players in our state. Check the GHS schedule on the T and you will see what we emphasize is D. We lost our Soph. point guard couple of games ago and the Coach's adjustment has made us a much better offensive squad. Also check our schedule we played some outstanding teams from all over and I think that will be a plus. I enjoyed responding as well as reading your posts.

Nooney