Who Wins State AAA?

fish5

It would be nice to see W. Tenn. win; doesn't happen too often. But I don't think Bartlett is the real challenger at this level. Millington is. I didn't get to watch Millington's recent 42-22 win over Bartlett on a neutral court. Any details explaining that?

39 ??“ 52 Smyra (defeated by Wilson Central)

38 ??“ 47 Greenville (defeated by Shellbyville)

36 ??“ 52 Shellbyville (defeated by Columbia)

Fishy??¦ Fishy??¦ Fishy??¦. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

First of all: I don??™t feel obligated to explain the Millington loss or the Millington win or any loss or WIN to you.

Secondly: (As you can see from above) any team can have a night that they would love to forget ??“ that includes the team you are picking to win it all S??™ville (sorry S??™ville fans ??“ no harm intended ??“ just making a point ??“ I actually think you all have an awesome team and Coach Burkey is great).

Who knows what could happen in a game like that: a player or two missing, severe on the court injury that disrupts the team, foul trouble, a flu, virus, a witch put a spell on the team /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> , just one of those nights or all the above. Games like that even happen in college and pros.

I don??™t know who will win the state tournament but I do know that West TN will not lay down!

Like I said: Get ya popcorn ready Fishy??¦. Bartlett doesn??™t mind being the underdog??¦ /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 ??“ 52 Smyra (defeated by Wilson Central)

38 ??“ 47 Greenville (defeated by Shellbyville)

36 ??“ 52 Shellbyville (defeated by Columbia)

Fishy??¦ Fishy??¦ Fishy??¦. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

First of all: I don??™t feel obligated to explain the Millington loss or the Millington win or any loss or WIN to you.

Secondly: (As you can see from above) any team can have a night that they would love to forget ??“ that includes the team you are picking to win it all S??™ville (sorry S??™ville fans ??“ no harm intended ??“ just making a point ??“ I actually think you all have an awesome team and Coach Burkey is great).

Who knows what could happen in a game like that: a player or two missing, severe on the court injury that disrupts the team, foul trouble, a flu, virus, a witch put a spell on the team /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> , just one of those nights or all the above. Games like that even happen in college and pros.

I don??™t know who will win the state tournament but I do know that West TN will not lay down!

Like I said: Get ya popcorn ready Fishy??¦. Bartlett doesn??™t mind being the underdog??¦ /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You don't want to get Bartlett angry, you wouldn't like them when they are angry! They didn't make it to state by chance!

No, but everybody knows that their is no comparison in west tennessee to middle and east tennessee in girls basketball. West Tennessee will be winless in the BORO!!!!! AS USUAL!!!!!!!

hmmmmm /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

hmmmmm /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Double hmmmmm /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Go 14AAA! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No, but everybody knows that their is no comparison in west tennessee to middle and east tennessee in girls basketball. West Tennessee will be winless in the BORO!!!!! AS USUAL!!!!!!!

As I recall, three team from West Tennessee went to the state last year BTW in AA and East and Memphis Northside in AAA. East lost in the Semis and Northside lost in the finals. BTW was the only one to loose in the first round.

For some reason people do not respect West Tennessee Ball. Both Millington and Bartlett are both capable of winning it all and they WILL meet in the finals to make it an all West Tenn finals.

In AA, Gibson County and Milan will meet in the finals and make that an All West Tenn Finals. In AA boys Dyer County and Mitchell will meet in the Finals and make that an all West TENN finals. In AAA boys Ridgeway and White Station will meet in the finals and make that an all West Tenn finals. Middleton will be in the A finals in girls and Manassas will be in the A boys finals.

Double hmmmmm /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Go 14AAA! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Triple Hmmmmm.....

Ok fish, I will give it a shot. Go easy on me. Seriously I believe GHS has a 50/50 shot, but my reasoning allows Millington to have a 50/50 shot as well. Millington is young and its been a while since they have been there. And the bright lights are always brighter and the goal a bit smaller it seems the first time around. The previous 4 times at state we have won the first round twice. So when you talk about history, Fish, that's history as well. Greeneville is talented and big inside and Nichole Dickson is one of the special players in our state. Check the GHS schedule on the T and you will see what we emphasize is D. We lost our Soph. point guard couple of games ago and the Coach's adjustment has made us a much better offensive squad. Also check our schedule we played some outstanding teams from all over and I think that will be a plus. I enjoyed responding as well as reading your posts.

Nooney

You make some very valid points. If Millington had Greeneville's strength of schedule or played in 9AAA or 8AAA in middle Tennessee, they would not have only one loss. For the reasons you state, I think Greeneville has an excellent chance of "upsetting" Millington. And - if they do - it won't be an upset. But it will only get harder for Greeneville after the first round, and I don't think they have the complete team (even with Dickson's talents) to get to the finals.

As I recall, three team from West Tennessee went to the state last year BTW in AA and East and Memphis Northside in AAA. East lost in the Semis and Northside lost in the finals. BTW was the only one to loose in the first round.

For some reason people do not respect West Tennessee Ball. Both Millington and Bartlett are both capable of winning it all and they WILL meet in the finals to make it an all West Tenn finals.

In AA, Gibson County and Milan will meet in the finals and make that an All West Tenn Finals. In AA boys Dyer County and Mitchell will meet in the Finals and make that an all West TENN finals. In AAA boys Ridgeway and White Station will meet in the finals and make that an all West Tenn finals. Middleton will be in the A finals in girls and Manassas will be in the A boys finals.

The topic is girl's AAA. No one is doubting boy's basketball in West Tennessee, and W. TN occasionally pulls off a champion in girl's AAA, but history demonstrates W. TN is behind middle and then E. TN in girl's AAA. Both Millington and Barttlett had comparatively weak schedule strengths. Anything can happen at state, but to make a bold prediction that [Millington and Bartlett] "WILL meet in the finals to make it an all West Tenn finals" is the least likeliest scenario in the entire draw, based on facts. And it is not the focus of this thread. Please put your partisanship aside and offer some facts. If either 14AAA teams played the schedule of WC, Greeneville or Shelbyville, their records would be weaker. This also makes Oak Ridge and Cleveland suspect. Both have strong programs perennially, but they each played some of the weakest schedules this year. That may affect their results when they're up against the battle-hardened middle TN teams who take turns bashing each other back and forth. If Cleveland and Oak Ridge make it to the finals, I guess you can throw strength of schedule out the door, but (more times than not) testing your program regularly during the season against the toughest teams works in your favor this time of year. I remember the UT women losing 10 games about ten years ago, but they easily played the toughest schedule in the land, and it worked in their favor when they won the national championship against all the other teams with 1 loss here or two losses there. But...all that said, I would never doubt that coaches Pruden (Oak Ridge) and Moore (Cleveland) will be taken for granted by anyone! They have the track record to prove it. The programs of Millington and Bartlett aren't at that level yet. But I wish them well, and I'll be the first one to chuckle at myself if Millington and Barttlett make it to the finals. But...in accordance with this thread, let's produce facts to neutralize any partisanship.

You make some very valid points. If Millington had Greeneville's strength of schedule or played in 9AAA or 8AAA in middle Tennessee, they would not have only one loss. For the reasons you state, I think Greeneville has an excellent chance of "upsetting" Millington. And - if they do - it won't be an upset. But it will only get harder for Greeneville after the first round, and I don't think they have the complete team (even with Dickson's talents) to get to the finals.

No disrespect meant but it's only 8 Teams left out of 114 and we had a strength of schedule of what 66. I can guarantee that some of the those strength of schedule teams that were ranked higher than us would probably want to be playing right now instead of watching with the higher strength of schedule. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> We are a young decent team.

No disrespect meant but it's only 8 Teams left out of 114 and we had a strength of schedule of what 66. I can guarantee that some of the those strength of schedule teams that were ranked higher than us would probably want to be playing right now instead of watching with the higher strength of schedule. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> We are a young decent team.

It's going to be fun to watch this young team perform at the Big Show....

Did you see the analysis of our team in the other thread?..... Those Facts were a little Fictional weren't they?

It's going to be fun to watch this young team perform at the Big Show....

Did you see the analysis of our team in the other thread?..... Those Facts were a little Fictional weren't they?

Yep I've been laughing all night about it. We've played some really good teams and had some really good battles this year. We've ran when we wanted to and slowed it down too. Hopefully we are ready to have some fun. I understand that they pride themselves on defense. I think we do ok in that department. Memphis East could have easily been in the Boro again with their talented and well coached group. They gave us a great game. It was fun to coach.