Who Wins State AAA?

fish5

Thanks for the compliment. We have some very good teams in West TN and they play a variety of styles. We've played against every kind of defense you can imagine and I really feel that it made the difference in the post season for us. We've played teams that held the ball and teams that tried to run us out the gym and it all has been an asset for us this season.

As far as the strength of schedule is concerned, I think a variety of styles would be more important to me than the strength of schedule. If you haven't played a particular style and it is thrown at you, it's hard to get your players to adjust if they haven't been working on it. Heck it's hard to get them to understand sometimes when you have worked on it. LOL

However, our schedule was one of the toughest in the Memphis area.

Pardon my naivete compared to the real world experience with which you must deal. You made some very valid points above. You're doing a great job with a young team. Bartlett will get more respect next year. But...shouldn't you be watching some game tape right now rather than responding to a bunch of amateur armchair quarterbacks like us? [Do you have access to such tapes of state opponents?]

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has them. Greeneville has some real enemies, or I guess you would call them haters... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Dragonmaster: I totally agree about the rest of Tn traveling to the West for tournaments. Since their strength of schedules are so strong ??“ come on down for the holiday tournaments and strut your stuff. Should be easy pickings! (I think not!) /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

It'd be nice to see Shelbyville, WC and/or Oak Ridge travel to the Memphis holiday tournaments. They often go to out of state events, but Memphis is almost perceived as another state in the realms of Middle TN and E. TN girls basketball. Teams like Shelbyville and Oak Ridge have the means to attend the NIKE event with the best teams in the nation many years, and they may not feel they would get enough competition/different looks in Memphis compared to other tournaments. But...you can't come to that conclusion until you've attended the Memphis events even once. Does anyone know definitively why top M. and E. Tennessee programs don't attend the Memphis holiday events?

Pardon my naivete compared to the real world experience with which you must deal. You made some very valid points above. You're doing a great job with a young team. Bartlett will get more respect next year. But...shouldn't you be watching some game tape right now rather than responding to a bunch of amateur armchair quarterbacks like us? [Do you have access to such tapes of state opponents?]

C'mon why we gotta go there? If you know me and it appears that you don't. You would know that I've studied your games extensively and we have already practiced with your teams style in mind. Thanks for looking out, seriously. I'm really not being sarcastic even though it may seem like it. I have to say that because some people misunderstand me on here. I have a great sense of humor.

No disrespect meant but it's only 8 Teams left out of 114 and we had a strength of schedule of what 66. I can guarantee that some of the those strength of schedule teams that were ranked higher than us would probably want to be playing right now instead of watching with the higher strength of schedule. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> We are a young decent team.

And many of them probably would be playing if they played in W. TN instead of Middle or East. The facts are simple. Wilson Central, Shelbyville, and Oak Ridge have more state championships than any west tennessee teams (combined) have ever even made it to the state championship. West TN is just a bunch of "athletes" who can't play ball at the state level because they want to run too much and when taken out of that game they have no half court game at all.

Yep, the MLK Jr. Tourney and the Dragonfire Tourney is full of good tea is ms that can beat each other. White Station, Houston, Germantown, Memphis Northside, Manassas, Millington, Mitchell, Memphis East, Melrose, to name a few of the dandy dozen that participated in those tournaments. That's enough right there to give you your money's worth or should I say your strength of schedule worth. I'm looking forward to it again next year.

Oh yeah, fantastic tournament there WOOOO HOOO!!!!! Wow, White Station??? Houston??? Germantown??? Northside??? Manassas??? Mitchell??? East??? Melrose??? Yeah thats some amazing teams, if they were playing in a middle school tournament. You west tennessee people ever want a real tournament just come to Greeneville for the GreenBank ladies classic, (rated the 2nd best holiday tournament nationally) Where we had Greeneville, Upperman (AA state tournament) South Greene (AA substate), Briarcrest Christian, Mt. Juliet, Wilson Central, Lake Mary FL (4 straight 4 AAAA state championships in Florida, 4 D1 signees), Tennessee High, and Science Hill. So you tell me, which tournament is tougher??? not even a question. And by the way CoachGat you talk like you're Millington's head coach. Shouldn't you be studying film, getting your travel plans ready, having practice, teaching, but no you're too busy talking trash on CoachT. You probably play ball at the YMCA instead of studying film the night before a big game. But its understandable you live in a place where everybody is an "athlete" and is very arrogant. Your record is about as impressive as your Memphis Tigers, because neither of you have played anybody. And just like the mighty vols did we're coming to show the state just exactly how overrated you are.

Yes Greeneville has many haters!!! Unfortunatley you might want to be careful of what information the haters give you. Film can be very tricky. Many of the games greeneville play this year was by far not what they did during the tournament!!

Many teams have tried to run greeneville out of the gym, however this has backfired on them and they are all sitting at the house trying to figure out what happened. Some have tried to slow it down and make Greeneville lose patience!! Those are still at the house trying to figure out what happened. Morristown West beat Greeneville in a game that should have never been close. Each team has an off night and when the ball doesn't bounce your way you are bound to lose to someone you shouldn't. The other four losses that greeneville has have come from some very good teams. One just finished playing for a state championship in the private sector. Greeneville lost by three. Two more are in the state tournament this year. Upperman and Shelbyville. The other loss was to a very good livinston academy team. Greeneville has also beaten some very good teams this year. There biggest win would have to be the one agains the defending state champions of Floriday. That team had zero losses before playing Greeneville. That team also had four D1 signees to greeneville's zero.

Greeneville has faced every type of team that anyone can think of. They show up and play the game and hope for the best. This group is not arrogant, nor do they have any player on this team that worries about themselves. The team that wins the state will have to have complete team play through the tournament.

Good luck to all and we fans in greeneville wish a safe healthy trip for everyone!!

Go GREENE

And many of them probably would be playing if they played in W. TN instead of Middle or East. The facts are simple. Wilson Central, Shelbyville, and Oak Ridge have more state championships than any west tennessee teams (combined) have ever even made it to the state championship. West TN is just a bunch of "athletes" who can't play ball at the state level because they want to run too much and when taken out of that game they have no half court game at all.

You must be like the village idiot of your town. Shelbyville is a historically dominate program and we all know why. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Oak Ridge is very good most of the time, but that is because all the kids are genetically enhanced through radiation. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Wilson Central is always good but how often do they really win the big one. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> In west TN, yes the past has not been kind, yes teams have been outcoached, yes teams haven't adapted well. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

A lot is to be said for sleeping in your own bed for 4 days as opposed to a hotel. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Let's play this year and see what happens...

Oh yeah, fantastic tournament there WOOOO HOOO!!!!! Wow, White Station??? Houston??? Germantown??? Northside??? Manassas??? Mitchell??? East??? Melrose??? Yeah thats some amazing teams, if they were playing in a middle school tournament. You west tennessee people ever want a real tournament just come to Greeneville for the GreenBank ladies classic, (rated the 2nd best holiday tournament nationally) Where we had Greeneville, Upperman (AA state tournament) South Greene (AA substate), Briarcrest Christian, Mt. Juliet, Wilson Central, Lake Mary FL (4 straight 4 AAAA state championships in Florida, 4 D1 signees), Tennessee High, and Science Hill. So you tell me, which tournament is tougher??? not even a question. And by the way CoachGat you talk like you're Millington's head coach. Shouldn't you be studying film, getting your travel plans ready, having practice, teaching, but no you're too busy talking trash on CoachT. You probably play ball at the YMCA instead of studying film the night before a big game. But its understandable you live in a place where everybody is an "athlete" and is very arrogant. Your record is about as impressive as your Memphis Tigers, because neither of you have played anybody. And just like the mighty vols did we're coming to show the state just exactly how overrated you are.

Wow

ok...wow. I'm sorry if you felt that I was talking noise and being arrogant but I really don't recall doing that. I've given your program nothing but respect while also saying that we too have good basketball being played in West TN as well. I never got on here to criticize your athletes, that would be a poor decision on my part to do that. If all you have is one or two games to judge our play by then you really don't understand what we do. Keep having enthusiasm for your program that's great!

For the record, I've been on coacht for over a year and everyone knows that I'm always on here to relax and have a little fun with some good people. If your coach has another outlet, great. To each, his or her own.

It'd be nice to see Shelbyville, WC and/or Oak Ridge travel to the Memphis holiday tournaments. They often go to out of state events, but Memphis is almost perceived as another state in the realms of Middle TN and E. TN girls basketball. Teams like Shelbyville and Oak Ridge have the means to attend the NIKE event with the best teams in the nation many years, and they may not feel they would get enough competition/different looks in Memphis compared to other tournaments. But...you can't come to that conclusion until you've attended the Memphis events even once. Does anyone know definitively why top M. and E. Tennessee programs don't attend the Memphis holiday events?

I cant answer for anybody else and I know your not a fault, but most people dont feel safe to go to memphis!