• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did some research myself. Here goes:

Austin East: Split 4 games with Fulton, split 2 games with Howard

Fulton: Split 4 games with AE

Howard: Split 2 games with AE

So, AE is 3-3 against Fulton and Howard. These three teams seem fairly evenly matched.

Livingston Academy lost to CPA at home

Bolivar: Beat Haywood twice and Mitchell once. Lost to Dyer Co.

Dyer Co.: Beat Bolivar and Haywood

Mitchell: Lost to Bolivar and split 2 games with Haywood (not counting tomorrow)

Haywood: Lost to Bolivar twice and DC. Split 2 games with Mitchell (not counting tomorrow)

I believe this year's AA tourney will be the most competitive in many years. The East teams are all good and fairly equal, CPA is probably the class of Middle, DC is probably class of west. But any of the 8 are capable of winning, IMO, if they get hot or run into a better team having an off night

Still talking to myself, but....... noticed the Strength vs. Success rankings were pretty accurate in terms of teams going to the 'Boro with the exception of the winner of tonights game. Anderson County and BTW were in the Top 10 and are eliminated.

Here they are with my opinion in ( ):

1- Howard (4)

2-DC (1)

3-Livingston Academy (5)

4-Fulton (6)

5-Austin East (2)

6-Bolivar (7)

8-CPA (3)

20-Haywood vs. 24-Mitchell (8)

Did some research myself. Here goes:

Austin East: Split 4 games with Fulton, split 2 games with Howard

Fulton: Split 4 games with AE

Howard: Split 2 games with AE

So, AE is 3-3 against Fulton and Howard. These three teams seem fairly evenly matched.

Livingston Academy lost to CPA at home

Bolivar: Beat Haywood twice and Mitchell once. Lost to Dyer Co.

Dyer Co.: Beat Bolivar and Haywood

Mitchell: Lost to Bolivar and split 2 games with Haywood (not counting tomorrow)

Haywood: Lost to Bolivar twice and DC. Split 2 games with Mitchell (not counting tomorrow)

I believe this year's AA tourney will be the most competitive in many years. The East teams are all good and fairly equal, CPA is probably the class of Middle, DC is probably class of west. But any of the 8 are capable of winning, IMO, if they get hot or run into a better team having an off night

Beating LA by 7 the first game of the year hardly puts CPA as the "class" of middle tn. Ofcourse youre from CPA and i expect nothing less than school support. The great thing about the tourney is everyone will get a chance to prove who the best team is! Dyer Co. is solid but i do think the teams out of Middle Tn can hang with them and beat them. They lost to White Co. here at the MidSouth Classic and both LA and CPA are as good as White Co. So it should be a great tourney!

Still talking to myself, but....... noticed the Strength vs. Success rankings were pretty accurate in terms of teams going to the 'Boro with the exception of the winner of tonights game. Anderson County and BTW were in the Top 10 and are eliminated.

Here they are with my opinion in ( ):

1- Howard (4)

2-DC (1)

3-Livingston Academy (5)

4-Fulton (6)

5-Austin East (2)

6-Bolivar (7)

8-CPA (3)

20-Haywood vs. 24-Mitchell (8)

WoW... in your opinion your school is 3rd? I don't know who will win but Good Luck to all teams and GO CHOCTAWS!!!

At this point in the year I don't think it matters who beat who. I think this group of teams are all capable of winning the gold ball. Probably as competitive a group of teams as seen in years. I think it will come down to whos hot and whos not on a game by game basis. The bottom line is each team played and earned their right to play at state, so good luck to all.

WoW... in your opinion your school is 3rd? I don't know who will win but Good Luck to all teams and GO CHOCTAWS!!!

As I have said in previous posts, I believe all remaining 7 are capable of winning it all. I don't think Haywood or Mitchell will win based on this year's history.

I am not dissing my team. I am saying I disagree with the ratings that, right now, IMO, should be as I stated. CPA has not played any Top teams in the final group except Livingston Academy, who they beat and I ranked 5th. I ranked DC and Austin East above CPA due to their results against the teams that are left.

I love CPA's chances and I want them to win it all. Simply trying to look at the season and "seed", in a sense, the teams based on this year's results.

Like you - I don't know who will win, but whoever it is will need to bring their "A game" every game.

As I have said in previous posts, I believe all remaining 7 are capable of winning it all. I don't think Haywood or Mitchell will win based on this year's history.

I am not dissing my team. I am saying I disagree with the ratings that, right now, IMO, should be as I stated. CPA has not played any Top teams in the final group except Livingston Academy, who they beat and I ranked 5th. I ranked DC and Austin East above CPA due to their results against the teams that are left.

I love CPA's chances and I want them to win it all. Simply trying to look at the season and "seed", in a sense, the teams based on this year's results.

Like you - I don't know who will win, but whoever it is will need to bring their "A game" every game.

I knew you weren't dissing your team i was just wondering your thoughts towards your "seeding" in a sense! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Another interesting 2 facts:

-- CPA and DC are the only two teams in the final 8 that haven't lost to one of the final 8.

-- Livingston Academy is the only team in the final 8 that has not beat a final 8 team.

I think this is right, but I may have missed something.

Not big deal, just interesting. Still say 7 of the 8 teams are all candidates to win it all.

-- CPA and DC are the only two teams in the final 8 that haven't lost to one of the final 8.

-- Livingston Academy is the only team in the final 8 that has not beat a final 8 team.

Not big deal, just interesting. Still say 7 of the 8 teams are all candidates to win it all.

Dont count out LA, they are playing really good ball right now. They beat a good white house team, that they had a huge disadvantage on in height. Chase Dunn is capable of putting up very high amounts of points on any given night. Just like Hunter Miller. I can see LA pulling out atleast one win, especially if they play Austin-East. No offense to Austin East.

7 out of 8....wow that just leaves LA in the dust. That's fine.....I love pulling for the underdaog. Just so you know....LA is where they are because they have played TREMEDOUSLY well in post season. All 8 teams are loaded with talent....good luck to everyone. I personally hope we draw CPA. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />