Northeast High School

This is ridiculous. NE still does not have a coach. They should just do everyone a favor and shut down the football program and send the kids that actually want to play to a neighboring high school(s). Similar to what MLK does with Hillsboro and Culleoka does with Columbia. I know those schools do it because of numbers or lack there of, but trust me when I say it would do everyone a favor in region 6 if they didn't have to make the long haul up to Clarksville NE to beat them by a large margin. No one in region 6 would complain, except for the fact that it would be taking away from an easy win. And I think it's obvious the administration wouldn't care either or the community for that matter.

I agree that the kids should be given opportunities to play football and right now NE is a bad situation.

BTW, the MLK kids that you speak of are now playing football at Pearl Cohn during the falls. Not Hillsboro /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Higher powers are now rethinking the Offutt mess.Coach Smith's boys are starting to get in this.They like him and want him to stay.His son is also wanting to finish as a Jacket.I heard his father is going to kick a body part if he leaves. I'M surprizied about this community support. I guess it is because he's one of Pearson's boys.If Jerry Pearson wants him to be there.People WILL listen. That is the reason he got the job in the first place.

Could it be NE will abandon high school football in 2008 and beyond until reclassification to 4A?

Would all the teams in Region 6-5A just get an automatic win? Wait a minute...that already happens. Never mind. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

from a source at fort campbell whom attended a practice last week, told me that there are about 50 boys practicing daily. northeast has an inter squad scrimmage on saturday, and a scrimmage at whites creek next friday. before we count the eagles out lets see them scrimmage.

how do they scrimmage without a head coach? heard coach sutherland is leading, and has some gentlemen helping. maybe things are not that bad at northeast.

from a source at fort campbell whom attended a practice last week, told me that there are about 50 boys practicing daily. northeast has an inter squad scrimmage on saturday, and a scrimmage at whites creek next friday. before we count the eagles out lets see them scrimmage.

how do they scrimmage without a head coach? heard coach sutherland is leading, and has some gentlemen helping. maybe things are not that bad at northeast.

When someone gives and estimate of numbers, it is generally high. At that, the number is real low for 4A/5A team to compete even if it was 50. If a new head coach is hired, what will they be running in August? Assistant coach and a few gentlemen (dads) are doing the Spring Scrimmage? Maybe things are not that bad at NE? Way to stay positive in a desperate situation. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

from a voice that coaches at fort campbell, the spring roster has about 98 players. sutherland will not allow track or baseball out for the spring. that is leaving them with 50+ in the spring. the others are in spring sports. not to shabby for montgomery county. guess we all may have to travel to whites creek. does anyone have that starting time. i will ask my buddy from fort campbell later today.

Would all the teams in Region 6-5A just get an automatic win? Wait a minute...that already happens. Never mind. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

that was pretty mean dude I remember it wasnt very long at all when it was an automatic win against your team. You sure dont want to jinx your season.

If you want to know what time the scrimmages are ask the black knight. He is the one that scheduled all the spring practices. Or maybe all the colleges that are going to attend. I heard the black night(southerland) has told the guys many colleges are going to attend. Or maybe you can ask one of the 7 dads that are assistant coaches.

If you want to know what time the scrimmages are ask the black knight. He is the one that scheduled all the spring practices. Or maybe all the colleges that are going to attend. I heard the black night(southerland) has told the guys many colleges are going to attend. Or maybe you can ask one of the 7 dads that are assistant coaches.

new developments questionmark1 Northeast now has 8 coaches another dad bought a whistle this weekend.

that was pretty mean dude I remember it wasnt very long at all when it was an automatic win against your team. You sure dont want to jinx your season.

I actually think it was well said. And the one year that Indy was "an automatic win" was the year they didn't have a senior class and the year that the region was arguably the strongest it has ever been. I don't think that statement would jinx anyone's season, let alone Independence.

ok then! think what you may!

a few coaches at fort campbell are good friends of mine, and my neighbor plays for northeast. he would fit right at home in falcon country, but believes things will be better this year.

it is nice to see whistles with dads coaching instead of no one helping them at all. found out that the scrimmage on saturday is an inter squad scrimmage at 5:00. the whites creek game will be next friday at whites creek at 5:30. i guess we can see how horrible they will be next week.

i remember when fort campbell was a team that use to be home coming games. they are now the state champions. portland use to be a power house, but now they are down. stratford use to be feared by teams in the state, but now cannot find a win. my point is that any year anyone can be a winner. every one deserves a chance and to answer your question about dropping the program. Montgomery County as disfunctional as it may be will not drop football from one school and not others. it is all or non in this town. that is why i love the falcons of fort campbell.

clarksville high use to be a bottom feeder, but now are eating healthy year in and out. so teams can change, it just takes good coaching. granted, the coaching pool at northeast is sub par. i guess no matter how anyone thinks of sutherland and the father squad, i give them respect for setting asside their own self interest to be there for the players. would you do the same thing? where are the other coaches from last season? why did they leave?