Northeast High School

a few coaches at fort campbell are good friends of mine, and my neighbor plays for northeast. he would fit right at home in falcon country, but believes things will be better this year.

Can you get one of your good friend at FC to apply at NE? The upside is no income tax. I'll leave the downside to others.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of you have missed the point. NE does not exist to produce football players. It exists to educate those football players so that they have a future after high school when 99% of them are not playing football anymore. I strongly applaud the administration for not putting academics behind football. The comments that several of you are making on here reflect a part of our society that has their priorities out of order.

My son was a two-year starter on both sides of the ball and his head coach was the Physical Science teacher. He learned a ton about football, but not a single thing about Physical Science. My son loved the game, but his future was not on the field of play. If you are going to hire a football coach, he must be an educator first...coach second. The key would be to find a head coach who could be certified in physical education. If not, the coach must put the same amount of time in his classroom that he puts into his team.

Kudos to whomever is out there helping those young men. They are all learning a very important life lesson ... that you don't quit because everything isn't just peachy-keen. You commit yourself to something and follow through...in the bad times as well as the good. You make the most out of a bad situation. Bonding together when no one gives you a chance. I could go on and on. You get the point!