District 8 AAA Picks

MrNoitAll

I agree on the clutch hitting but you have to include the game winneing hit by Russell also. Many key plays on defense by the Eaglettes to hold Columbia in the last few innings. Not great plays but the routine plays which they have struggled with over the last few years. Great win Eaglettes!!!

MrNoitAll predicted the Eaglettes could be the surprise team of the district. Tullahoma is the best team as of now in district. The football school (LC) and Franklin County are at the bottom BUT CC is trying to catch up with them!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree on the clutch hitting but you have to include the game winneing hit by Russell also. Many key plays on defense by the Eaglettes to hold Columbia in the last few innings. Not great plays but the routine plays which they have struggled with over the last few years. Great win Eaglettes!!!

You know what MS, you are right. They need to continue to make the routine plays. Believe it or not we didn't do a good job of that against Columbia.We made way too many errors. We still overcame them for the win, but you just can't continue to do that and win. The problem with Shelbyville is that they haven't had much success in softball so when they do, they have trouble sustaining that success. Another big game against Coffee County next Tuesday. You get a win against them, then people will start taking notice. The only two consistent hitters on that team are Lamb and Bell, the rest of the team cannot just sit back and depend on them all year. Those other hitters should put in the extra work during spring break to help those two out. Its not like the others havent had a hit, they are just not as consistent.

You know what MS, you are right. They need to continue to make the routine plays. Believe it or not we didn't do a good job of that against Columbia.We made way too many errors. We still overcame them for the win, but you just can't continue to do that and win. The problem with Shelbyville is that they haven't had much success in softball so when they do, they have trouble sustaining that success. Another big game against Coffee County next Tuesday. You get a win against them, then people will start taking notice. The only two consistent hitters on that team are Lamb and Bell, the rest of the team cannot just sit back and depend on them all year. Those other hitters should put in the extra work during spring break to help those two out. Its not like the others havent had a hit, they are just not as consistent.

I think the key to our success will be our girls playing together as a team. I don't think we should pick out 2 or 3 of them and say the rest aren't doing what they should be. The reason our girls won against Columbia was because they never gave up and each girl on the team stepped up and did what she needed to do at the time to keep us in the game. They all need to continue to work hard and keep pulling together. These girls have the potential to do very well this year and I am very proud of each and every one of them!

I think the key to our success will be our girls playing together as a team. I don't think we should pick out 2 or 3 of them and say the rest aren't doing what they should be. The reason our girls won against Columbia was because they never gave up and each girl on the team stepped up and did what she needed to do at the time to keep us in the game. They all need to continue to work hard and keep pulling together. These girls have the potential to do very well this year and I am very proud of each and every one of them!

I agree with you 13mom. I think the girls are beginning to see that working together as a team helps them to win. I know hitting is a big part and they are connecting much better that they have in the past. They all are doing a part to help get that win. The girls are starting to show some confidence and I am sure the hitting will come with confidence. Keep working hard and know you are a good team. They deserve to do better this year, the past years have been kind of tough but from here on out it can only get better. There already has been some improvements from previous years. Good luck against Coffee, know you can win!!!!!!

Looks like mustangsally, robotman, luckynumber3, big_joe, softballmom3 and 13mom are all from Shelbyville and need to get on the same page. Some are for the team and some are for individuals. Is there conflict amongst the parents?? 13mom is correct in saying it is TEAM sport and not an individual sport. If one position is weak that day you have to make up for them in other positions. Good Luck to all the teams in district 8AAA

Looks like mustangsally, robotman, luckynumber3, big_joe, softballmom3 and 13mom are all from Shelbyville and need to get on the same page. Some are for the team and some are for individuals. Is there conflict amongst the parents?? 13mom is correct in saying it is TEAM sport and not an individual sport. If one position is weak that day you have to make up for them in other positions. Good Luck to all the teams in district 8AAA

I do not know where any of these people are from, but I think they all just want Shelbyville to have a good year. I do not think there is any conflict between parents to my knowledge, but the girls having a different coach in the last four years, I know people feel they deserve to have a good year. Good luck to all teams in the district.

This will be my last post on here but I had to clear something up. There are no conflicts with the parents! We all want our girls to win. We just have different opinions. I just wanted to post positive comments to boost our girls but I can see things can get way out of hand on here!! Good Luck to all players & coaches in 8AAA!

It is so hard to believe that fans would take sides.... and to think that coaches have to deal with different types of individuals who put themselves above the team. Also I have heard that parents put their child above the team as well....I know that is very hard to believe...just a rumor! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I'm not from Shebyville. I'm just glad to see that every team in this district is so equal, and it's going to make a strong showing in the region when it's all over. I have got to see every team in this district play except Tullahoma and I think it really shows off some of the softball talent from the midstate.

I'm not from Shebyville. I'm just glad to see that every team in this district is so equal, and it's going to make a strong showing in the region when it's all over. I have got to see every team in this district play except Tullahoma and I think it really shows off some of the softball talent from the midstate.

No doubt about it, Tullahoma will win this district without any problem. The rest of the district will end with Lawrence co, columbia, shelbyville, coffee county, lincoln county, and franklin county. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Looks like mustangsally, robotman, luckynumber3, big_joe, softballmom3 and 13mom are all from Shelbyville and need to get on the same page. Some are for the team and some are for individuals. Is there conflict amongst the parents?? 13mom is correct in saying it is TEAM sport and not an individual sport. If one position is weak that day you have to make up for them in other positions. Good Luck to all the teams in .district 8AAA

Good try W2G but you can't divide us! All I was saying in my post was give Russell the well deserved props for geting the game winning hit. Just trying to help a girl out as they say.

Thanks for letting us know that 13Mom is correct and telling us how to handle a "weak position", (which I do not feel that we have) Your advice is priceless (not)

GO EAGLETTES!!!