Rankings Week 1

mjuhb

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearden 8

Alcoa 0

Ouch, Thanks to Bearden for coming over to play. Wish it had been a tougher match. I wanted to see where we are at very early and this showed me many things we need to teach and learn. Hate getting beat this bad, but Bearden was playing some great soccer and it was good to expose the new starters and reserves to what a high level of soccer. We lost, but we also became a better team for playing this game. Good luck to turner and the dogs.

Coach great post. There is something to be said in taking the Pat Summit approach, play'em hard and play'em early, It will only make you guys stronger come post season time.

Good Luck....Hopefully, They only get easier from here on out.

Coach great post. There is something to be said in taking the Pat Summit approach, play'em hard and play'em early, It will only make you guys stronger come post season time.

Good Luck....Hopefully, They only get easier from here on out.

Totally agree with you! One of the biggest reasons that Coach Gorman has gotten Alcoa to the level that he has, is that he is not afraid to take on the big teams. Yes, you might lose, but you will gain the experience of playing at a higher level. I have a lot of respect for that.

Baylor 6 Ridgeland (GA) 0

Game called at halftime due to lopsideness of matchup

Goals: Estaban Villereal, Bret Murray (2) Carter Paden, Zander Davis, Ben ?

Shut out: Danny Van Valkinburgh, Trey Trundle, 3rd string keeper, as well

Keep the goals coming Baylor!

I thought it was a shortened 30 minute second half

It does no good for anyone to run up a score. After the score was 6-0 the team was told not to score anymore. Baylor used 3 goalies and the reserves and jv played more than half of the game. Ridgeland's coach is a first year coach that is a Baylor graduate. They had been beaten up pretty badly in the last few games and I appreciate our Coaches decision not to do it to them again. I hope he can in time get Ridgeland's program up and going. Baylor is off until the Bearden tournament.

I thought it was a shortened 30 minute second half

It does no good for anyone to run up a score. After the score was 6-0 the team was told not to score anymore. Baylor used 3 goalies and the reserves and jv played more than half of the game. Ridgeland's coach is a first year coach that is a Baylor graduate. They had been beaten up pretty badly in the last few games and I appreciate our Coaches decision not to do it to them again. I hope he can in time get Ridgeland's program up and going. Baylor is off until the Bearden tournament.

Who is the Ridgeland coach?