Rankings Week 1

mjuhb

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again Knox West overlooked.. They beat Morristown West 4-1 and the goal Morristown had was off a freekick that the ref let them play before the whistle, so it bounced into the goal.

who has said knox west is no good all i have heard is good things about them on coacht and off it for that matter

Bearden 8

Alcoa 0

Ouch, Thanks to Bearden for coming over to play. Wish it had been a tougher match. I wanted to see where we are at very early and this showed me many things we need to teach and learn. Hate getting beat this bad, but Bearden was playing some great soccer and it was good to expose the new starters and reserves to what a high level of soccer. We lost, but we also became a better team for playing this game. Good luck to turner and the dogs.

Akula, Your usual classy reply!!! My hat's off to you for taking on the tough teams when you can. It is early and this will certainly help in the long run. Think of it as a "Mulligan". I will try and get to some more of your games this season and watch your team get better!! With no children left playing high school soccer, I will get to watch some games for the pure joy of it. The Bearden Tournament will have a bunch a great teams again. Hope to see you there if your team isn't playing in it.

Pseudophobia

Thanks Pseudo, hindsight says it was a bit ambitious playing bearden with the losses we had and the youth we were putting out there, but I wouldn't change a thing. Bearden is going to dominate alot of people like that this season and we don't get better playing cupcakes to get a "W" and feel good about ourselves. We are in the Blount County Tourney this weekend at Alcoa and face Maryville on Saturday, so I am looking forward to another chance to evaluate our boys and see how we stack up against another good team. I'll definitely be present for much of the Bearden Tourney since there are so many good match ups. I'll see you there. How's the boy doing at School, I think it was Cumberland?

Wow! That really surprises me. I looked up the shot count in the paper, and it said it was 20-12 in Farragut's favor, but LC got off 12 shots? Man, that is impressive. Anyone have any details that was there?

This score surprised me too. I know scrimmages don't really mean a whole lot but CCS beat Lenoir City 6 to 0 in a thirty minute scrimmage, here again, everyone is bound to have a bad game so maybe Farragut had theirs or Lenoir City really stepped it up.