Howard verus Bolivar Central

RichieRich2007

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They only play defense with 4 guys, keeping one at half court, and whenever they get the ball on D, they just launch it to the guy at half court.

just kidding. They can play either way, really. Ideally they will push the ball and move but they have played slow tempo games with the best of them. Playing East Ridge several times last year taught them that.

Howard has a solid team that has played together since middle school with the same coach that they now have. I think this is our time to win state if not now I dont know if we will ever win one but we keep racking up the victories. We go about 8 deep and we have very athletic players and we love to run and can run teams out the gym. They have the same team from last years state tourney and have 4 seniors. Everyone can handle the ball even our 6'6" center. Our starting line up depending on who he starts ranges from 6'2" to 6'6"

Thanks...Bolivar goes 10 deep and has nice size up front and is very good defesively...Constant ball pressue and one of the top coaches in the state. To beat Bolivar a team is going to have to have at least two or three guys that can shoot the three and have alot of speed. For whatever it's worh,Bolivar has a guy comming of the bench with a 41 inch vertical..makes for good highlights but dosen't really mean alot. Sounds like this could be a good mathch up.Wish I knew more about Howard.

It does sound like a good matchup. Howard sorta reminds you of the Science Hill teams of the late 80's & early 90's. Good ball handlers at each position, each one can lead the break, lot of athleticism, and good pressure. Everybody contributes, which is a tribute to Coach McGary and his coaching staff.

Howard has a solid team that has played together since middle school with the same coach that they now have. I think this is our time to win state if not now I dont know if we will ever win one but we keep racking up the victories. We go about 8 deep and we have very athletic players and we love to run and can run teams out the gym. They have the same team from last years state tourney and have 4 seniors. Everyone can handle the ball even our 6'6" center. Our starting line up depending on who he starts ranges from 6'2" to 6'6"

Who knows how it will turn out? But, we have a pretty good coach ourselves. Maybe some folks have heard of him. And our bench is deep and talented. It should be a good game...but we have some very talented players too.

Ya'll have an impressive record...but we've "racked up" a few victories-against some quality teams also. If you run this team out of the gym, as you say, I'll be the first one to congratulate you. And I'll do it too...IF I have to. I just wonder if you really know the team you're playing?

However, this team/coach never looks past anyone. They'll be prepared...but not cocky.

GO TIGERS!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Who knows how it will turn out? But, we have a pretty good coach ourselves. Maybe some folks have heard of him. And our bench is deep and talented. It should be a good game...but we have some very talented players too.

Ya'll have an impressive record...but we've "racked up" a few victories-against some quality teams also. If you run this team out of the gym, as you say, I'll be the first one to congratulate you. And I'll do it too...IF I have to. I just wonder if you really know the team you're playing?

However, this team/coach never looks past anyone. They'll be prepared...but not cocky.

GO TIGERS!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

IT will be fun to see them try to run Bolivar out of the gym. I HOPE HOWARD TRIES IT. The biggest loss for bolivar this season was 11 points to Dyer County, and that game was still up for grabs with 45 seconds left in the game. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I'm pulling for Bolivar..I just don't know enough about Howard. I can't see Bolivar getting run out of the gym though.

Bolivar is capable of winning the whole thing. Bolivar is deep and when Chris Reaves (6'5) and Rhodes(6'6) are on top of their game they are very hard to beat and I personally think Bolivar may have the best backcourt in the state for the class of 2010. I'm saying the best backcourt (two players) because I know all about Joe Jackson from White Station. Jackson is most likely the best playr in the entire tournement regardless of class.

IT will be fun to see them try to run Bolivar out of the gym. I HOPE HOWARD TRIES IT. The biggest loss for bolivar this season was 11 points to Dyer County, and that game was still up for grabs with 45 seconds left in the game. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

HOWARD WILL RUN U OUT OF THE GYM.IF HOWARD HITS THERE FREE THROWS THEY WIN BY 10.