Memphis Manassas -VS- Jackson County

Legend

CONGRATS TO MANASSAS ON THE WIN. JC WAT CAN U SAY BOYS YALL JUS GOT OUT PLAYED BY A BETTER SKOOL BUT YALL PLAYED THEM CLOSER THAN WAT EVERYONE THOUHGT IT WAS GOIN TO BE.TO THE SENIORS YALL GAVE IT ONE HECK OF RUN ALL 4 YRS OF UR CAREER. THIS YEAR YALL WERE NOT EVEN SUPPOST TO GET PAST PICKETT BUT YALL DID BUT IF YALL GET ANYTHING OUT OF THIS YEAR IT IS THAT YALL R THE REGION CHAMPS AND YALL SNAPPED A 31 YEAR DROUGHT. SO YALL HAVE SOMETHIN TO BE PROUD OF NO MATTER WAT ANY OF THIS IDOTS SAY BOUT YALL. BUT TO BRAD,DEREK,BRADON,MORGAN, AND MATTHEW YALL NEED TO HANG UR HEADS HIGH ON THE ACCOPLISHMENT YALL HAVE MADE. BUT EVERYONE IN JC IS PROUD OF YALL.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legend, did you get a good nap before the Dyer County game? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Congrats Manassas! Good Luck the rest of the way!

man that was a good nap. Manassas could not throw it in the ocean and still won by 18 3-19 from long range. earlier today uc was 2-25. it must be something in the water in the boro. The officials did let JC hold and grab buckner all night. I did get some good sleep. this was the 2nd time this season .anassas had a game like this. last time bolton beat them. I did say Manassas could have a bad game and still win. LC needed a mirical to win this game read my old post. devilish LC played hard but I told you david's little sister could not do what he did. lol!!

man that was a good nap. Manassas could not throw it in the ocean and still won by 18 3-19 from long range. earlier today uc was 2-25. it must be something in the water in the boro. The officials did let JC hold and grab buckner all night. I did get some good sleep. this was the 2nd time this season .anassas had a game like this. last time bolton beat them. I did say Manassas could have a bad game and still win. LC needed a mirical to win this game read my old post. devilish LC played hard but I told you david's little sister could not do what he did. lol!!

Did you stay watch DC?

Pickett Co would have given them a better game..... JC just got hot at right time then went back to their ol selves come state time. They gave it a run tho.

there is no way pickett even gets that far and jc would have played it alot closer if it wasn't for the no gaol-tending calls and hit half the 3s....but no excuse they did get out played congrats to both squads great run jc look foward to seenin ya next yr.

I just have one question is there no goal tending in high school ball??? Six times the ball goes on the backboard and six times it gets swatted after hitting the backboard sorry but that is a GOALTEND gosh good game we were cold from three no doubt but mainly cuz someone shot 11 of the 26 and drew iron on only 5. Great season for the boys /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

congrats to ".anassas"!! Obviously this was a steep hill for JC to climb, but I think they did an admirlable job. If they could have just got their shots to drop for them, they would have been right in this game. And of course, if .anassas could have gotten THEIR shots to drop for THEM, then this would have been that blowout that everyone was predicting.

The way I have it figured, the better team won, but JC can hold their heads high for putting in a great tourney run!! Great job this year, sorry those seniors had to go out with a game like this.

One one team gets to end its season with a win, and if I had any money I would probably put it on .anassas. Good luck the rest of the weekend!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Manassas won fair and square and i hope they end up winning it all. But like i said before its not hard to have a great team when you live in Memphis and get 6, COUNT THEM 6 TRANSFERS from other schools!!! ggod luck to TEAM MEMPHIS! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Look, I am definately going for Manassas 100%, but watching them play sometimes just makes me mad. I mean come on, you have a 6'8 guy down low with crazy athleticism, and he hardly even gets touches. After watching Z Mason and CPA play, the question came up about who would win 1-on-1. I thought about it and I can honestly say that from what I've seen, I can't answer that, because I dont feel that I've seen what Buckner is truly capable of an Mason is an absoulute beast.I know the guys around him are plenty good and are capable of doing great things. I think they could easily beat a team like Jackson Co without Buckner if the other guys shoot halfway decent, but they ARE NOT going to be able to beat Union City unless Buckner gets touches. I know he finished with fairly good number of points, but he really doesn't touch the ball enough. I'm sure that the coach for Manassas is a good coach, but I wonder why he allows the guys to come down and just chunk up shots without even getting the ball into the big man's hands. I know that Buckner is a great shot blocker and rebounder, I just think if the tigers utilize offensively Buckner they can beat Union City, but unless he gets significant offensive production they will lose. Congratulations to both teams and congratulations to Jackson Co for not getting the absolute snot beat out of them. I honestly thought by looking at the teams warming up it would be at least a 35 point spread, maybe worse. Good luck to Manassas.

Manassas won fair and square and i hope they end up winning it all. But like i said before its not hard to have a great team when you live in Memphis and get 6, COUNT THEM 6 TRANSFERS from other schools!!! ggod luck to TEAM MEMPHIS! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No pun intended, but I wonder how many of them will further their education after basketball. Most kids from the Memphis area usually end up going to Memphis U. Do any of these kids fall in that catergorie ??

I just have one question is there no goal tending in high school ball??? Six times the ball goes on the backboard and six times it gets swatted after hitting the backboard sorry but that is a GOALTEND gosh good game we were cold from three no doubt but mainly cuz someone shot 11 of the 26 and drew iron on only 5. Great season for the boys /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Are you singling out one player or referring to all? I think it might have been that they were nervous. There were a lot of shots taken by all players that didn't go on. I for one am proud of them for making it this far.

Want to congratulate the JC boys on a fine season. You guys showed a tremendous amount of courage and heart and should be commended. Coach Flynn did a great job of coaching this year and should garner Coach of the Year in his District or Region by his peers IMHO if he hasn't already been. Great job coach you guys were just out manned by a team of superior athlete's. And you should be commended for a job well done to stay as close as the Blue Devils did. I know that it's not much of a consolation but you should be commemded as well for a job well done. Good Luck JC basketball in the future.