Memphis Manassas -VS- Jackson County

Legend

Thanks for the redbull & coffee Legend. There certainly is not much free in this world anymore, so that is much appreciated.

Im very certain that Manassas will not take JC lightly. I would be extremely disappointed in them if they did. I think both teams will come out ready to play, and the first quarter will be very interesting. Here is what I think it takes for JC to win:

1) Officials call EVERY SINGLE TOUCH FOUL POSSIBLE against Manassas.

2) Officials let JC get a bit more physical than Manassas.

3) JC Shoots the lights out from 3 pt range. (going to need to incredible screens)

4) Manassas comes out cold, and gets behind early.

ALL of that, and JC keeps in this game. I have seen stranger things happen, but not very often.

Things that will help, but I never count on:

1) LOTS OF GOOD LUCK

2) JINX of coacht posters

3) Bad Karma because Legend is napping.

Im going to try to be there. I am an Upperman guy, but I want to support my good friends from JC, and I want to see if Legend2 possibly exists somewhere on the Manassas team. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

u are right if the refs call everything 1 sided like u hope JC can win but they will have 2 cheat to the extreme cause nothing worst then playing middleton, tn at there place. manassas has been through this before

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u are right if the refs call everything 1 sided like u hope JC can win but they will have 2 cheat to the extreme cause nothing worst then playing middleton, tn at there place. manassas has been through this before

If the refs call it one sided for JC that will be the only way you wake Legend up from his nap!! lol /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Manassas ain't Humbolt either....Legend is right like it or not...If Manassas were AAA they colud still win the whole thing. Manassas will show up and paly to win just like UC....We are all about to find out....providing they both keep winning /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yankee i wouldnt go that far, but yeah UC or Manassas would be a serious threat for the aaa state title.Both teams has proved their worthyness..But i will say if the Manassas and UC matchup does happen, it will be the best game of the day.

I don't think Buckner will get in foul trouble this entire tournement. The reason I say is I saw Manassas coach with my own two eyes give him instructions not to even try to take charges and not to reach on plays. I know coaches teach this but the coach was emphatic.I saw him speak and give gestures to him...who knows....

Buckner did follow the coaches instructions although it was against JCS ( not a quality opponent) I just happend to have a seat where Manassas came out of the locker room and was really paying attention to the coach. I don't see it as an issue unless like you say the refs make the phantom calls. Buckner is the straw that stirs the drink as Reggie Jackson used to say.

It would be a shame if the refs do this...a foul is a foul which is OK. But the phantom calls are a shame. I'm sure everyone on this board has seen it happen before.Great teams know how to play through it and stay focused.Manassa does not hotdog either ( at least they didn't when I saw them). I think Manassa is a great team.

Look..I don't care about Eagleville nor Moore.Co..But mad props to both teams for getting where they are..Im sure they are some great kids and play very hard..And good luck to both teams..Me and Legend go way back and we been talking this trash since December..We can talk about what we like..This was between me and him so if u don't like it im sorry..If Moore co. or Eaglesville beats Union City them they just beat them..It will be well deserved trust me..But since Moore Co only beat Middleton by 2 points and Union City and Manassas beat them by 40 we can talk all the smack we wont to..Now please stay out of my business.

Vanderbilt beat Kentucky by 41 points. Kentucky barely lost to Tennessee and Tennessee beat Vanderbilt. Also earlier in the year Kentucky beat Vandy by 20 and also beat Tennessee. My point is the fact that MC only beat Middleton by like 2 and UC and Manasses beat them by 40 does not matter. We will see who wins head to head cuz if we were gonna go by past games UC would already have the gold ball they are undefeated.

well, I didnt say that I HOPE the refs are horrible. I was just saying that this is the best way for JC to have a chance. And the reasons I say it are:1) I have seen the better team get the shaft more than once this year2) The officiating got WORSE during the girls tourney than it was the rest of the year, and that was tough to do3) Im just being optimistic.My kid goes to Upperman, Im not a JC kinda guy. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Actually, maybe I am.Anyways, I have a lot of respect for the kids at JC and how hard they worked to get where they are, Im not giving up on them just because they are a huge underdog. I will stick with them and go down with the ship if I have to. HOPEFULLY it is a good game, everyone stays healty, and the officiating is clean and fair. And from there, let the chips fall where they may. If things go like you say, and Manassas is as classy about winning as you say, then I will be cheering them on after tomorrow night. But until then, I stick with the floppy headed kid, and his teammates!!! (First time they have been to States since his daddy was playing, so I have to stick with them through all of this. Maybe I will stop by shoot around tomorrow and show them all the moves that some fella named Earvin taught me back in the hood. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If the refs call it one sided for JC that will be the only way you wake Legend up from his nap!! lol /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I will wave some coffee and redbull under his nose, that will get him going!!

Buckner is the straw that stirs the drink as Reggie Jackson used to say.

at 6'8" 165lbs or whatever they have him listed at, he probably LOOKS like the straw that stirs the drink. (Im only joking here....REALLY)

Since I dont know the kid, or the team, does he play a true point guard position? Is he more of a Point Forward like Earvin used to play? Just wondering.

Well Well Well I see you have taken your UC bashing elsewhere so let us take a look at some of the Manassas numbers. 76-40, 73-12 wow that not embarassing at all, 88-44, 84-46, 99-31 oh another fine effort, 95-40, 87-52, 97-23 and last but certainly not least 102-31. Now that I have said this, unlike the Hater I am not bashing the other coach or the great players that Manassas has, they are obviously a great team and deserve all the credit in the world. A lot of times as have been the case for UC and Manassas this year the teams were just not very good, its not the kids fault, the coaches fault or the fan's fault, it is just the way it is in some years. Who knows next year might be your year, you never know!!!!

And as far as my commentary and style their are plenty of other radio stations on your display so surf on jr. We are the most unbiased broadcast team you will ever listen too, PERIOD.

By the way good luck JC and Manassas

LOL...that's not what your old lady calls me..but I understand....the difference between Manasas and Union City...is this..if Manasas is up by 25-30 in the 4th...they call off the press..Listen, I know in your little area, you are probably regarded as an expert or authority on these matters, since you are on a dime store radio station...The Quack!!!..Tiny stay in your world, where YOU think you are the bomb, but in actuality your comments on the air about the refs calling this or that or agreeing with how unfairly you have been treated in District/Region play really is pathetic. The saddest story is nobody will tell you anything differently and let you keep believing. I'm looking forward to an all west final..like you....See ya! Tiny!!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I don't think Buckner will get in foul trouble this entire tournement. The reason I say is I saw Manassas coach with my own two eyes give him instructions not to even try to take charges and not to reach on plays. I know coaches teach this but the coach was emphatic.I saw him speak and give gestures to him...who knows....

Buckner did follow the coaches instructions although it was against JCS ( not a quality opponent) I just happend to have a seat where Manassas came out of the locker room and was really paying attention to the coach. I don't see it as an issue unless like you say the refs make the phantom calls. Buckner is the straw that stirs the drink as Reggie Jackson used to say.

It would be a shame if the refs do this...a foul is a foul which is OK. But the phantom calls are a shame. I'm sure everyone on this board has seen it happen before.Great teams know how to play through it and stay focused.Manassa does not hotdog either ( at least they didn't when I saw them). I think Manassa is a great team.

Manassas is a great team but its not hard to have a good team when you get 4 transfers from Westside and 2 from Central. Add six really good players to any team and you will have a "great" team. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

LOL...that's not what your old lady calls me..but I understand....the difference between Manasas and Union City...is this..if Manasas is up by 25-30 in the 4th...they call off the press..Listen, I know in your little area, you are probably regarded as an expert or authority on these matters, since you are on a dime store radio station...The Quack!!!..Tiny stay in your world, where YOU think you are the bomb, but in actuality your comments on the air about the refs calling this or that or agreeing with how unfairly you have been treated in District/Region play really is pathetic. The saddest story is nobody will tell you anything differently and let you keep believing. I'm looking forward to an all west final..like you....See ya! Tiny!!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Just another idiot on the T lets keep it to the games and leave everybody else out of it, way to show everyone your true colors, hope you feel good about yourself. To the Manassas and JC fans, sorry for starting something an yalls board, just trying to defend my school, this will be the last post on here for me, again good luck to both of you!