Should Privates and Publics Be Split?

66in74

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

I have another issue.. there is a private school in MS that is part of the TSSAA, why?

Basically because they were founded in Tennessee and only later moved to Mississippi, and TSSAA voted to let them back in. (This is not the only case of its kind--Needles High in California, for example, plays in the Nevada league, and closer to home, Rossville Christian--which is in Tennessee--was in the Mississippi league for quite some time.)

Which raises the question--should East Ridge be allowed to remain in TSSAA if Georgia gets the boundary moved up past them? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> (It would potentially also affect Hardy Memorial, which would end up in Alabama, and I don't know what you do with Chattanooga Christian, whose campus would be split by the 35th parallel...)

Yes and the reason is that recruiting does happen at private schools and everyone knows it. Also, the same arrogance shown by private school coaches, athletes, and parents is also evident on this message board. Private schools need to have their own division and keep all their arrogance to themselves and just leave our public schools alone. Forrest proved on the field this weekend that women for women, they are much tougher than those with silver spoons. I am not saying they cheat; they just recruit and have more to offer to those they do recruit. Also, parents with money and they are the private school parents can afford the more expensive equipment, private lessons, and fees to buy into expensive travel ball teams where most public school parents cannot. In my experiences, coaches at privates have bigger salaries and there are more of them while at public schools, many assistants are unpaid, work for free for long hours, and then go home and bail hay till the sun goes down. Let's get real here people, it is unfair, everyone knows it, privates don't want to play each other because of the stiff competition, and something needs to be done about it.

Yes and the reason is that recruiting does happen at private schools and everyone knows it. Also, the same arrogance shown by private school coaches, athletes, and parents is also evident on this message board. Private schools need to have their own division and keep all their arrogance to themselves and just leave our public schools alone. Forrest proved on the field this weekend that women for women, they are much tougher than those with silver spoons. I am not saying they cheat; they just recruit and have more to offer to those they do recruit. Also, parents with money and they are the private school parents can afford the more expensive equipment, private lessons, and fees to buy into expensive travel ball teams where most public school parents cannot. In my experiences, coaches at privates have bigger salaries and there are more of them while at public schools, many assistants are unpaid, work for free for long hours, and then go home and bail hay till the sun goes down. Let's get real here people, it is unfair, everyone knows it, privates don't want to play each other because of the stiff competition, and something needs to be done about it.

1) All caps is rude and considered shouting

2) If you are saying privates recruit then you ARE saying they cheat. Either have the courage to stick with your accusation or don't say it at all. The whole "I am not saying they cheat; they just recruit" is not only cowardly but sounds sort of schizophrenic

3) Coaches at the DI privates (which are the only ones playing publics) have SMALLER salaries and do a lot more work than coaches at the publics. We've gone through this 50 times on these boards and if you had any inkling about the issue you would know that

4) Privates do play each other...all the time. Privates also play publics. The dominating schools statewide in all but spring sports are public. What you really mean by this is that you don't want to play the privates because of the competition and something needs to be done about that, but that doesn't sound as good, does it?

5) Something has been done about it. Every recruiting rule and undue influence rule put out by the TSSAA in the last 15 years has been aimed at privates. And then there is the multiplier. And the fact that no private in DI can play any student who is getting financial aid.