14AAA-Millington Lady Trojans

Millington you girls really had a good-great year also . Millington your really returning every single player that played in this state tournament and i believe you girls will be back with Bartlett also out of 14AAA .Coachgat, just wanted to tell you also your one awesome coach and person in person also wish i could of made last night and tonight's game . Millington keep your head up. I know these girls never gave up and gave it all there heart tonight and all season . Millington you really deserve the Number 1 ranking in Triple a in my opinion. Just wanted to say congrations again on a good year . Good luck to all the senior girls Veronica Breathett and Shalonda Johnson good luck in college. Millington have a good off season.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, because WC obviously had no calls go against them the entire regulation /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

If your reason was because the refs were just horrid, ok. But you make it sound like the refs made one bad call the entire game against your team and that voids the victory.

Millington lost the game cause they could not stop Jasmine Hassell, they missed some easy shots in the paint, and they should have done a better job dictating the tempo of the game by applying pressure and trying to create turnovers. Every game has bad calls, but Millington could have done some things to not be in that position late in the game. They had a great season, and have something to be very proud of, a silver ball. A lot of other teams would gladly trade places with that.

Congrats Coach. But It look like to me you wanted to show that your girls could play slow down ball as well as up tempo. I have watch most of your girls play AAU and they can run down, run over anyone. Why did you not push that. I'm impressed with your calmness on your bench. But last night you did get on your knees late to get your girls in the right spots.

I'm sure we will see you again.

Yea, because WC obviously had no calls go against them the entire regulation /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

If your reason was because the refs were just horrid, ok. But you make it sound like the refs made one bad call the entire game against your team and that voids the victory.

Well Wilson Central would been -2 points if the call was made. So that would put mill up by 1 at end of regulation. So that 1 missed call made a impact on the outcome. Yes JH was unstopable but she didnt change what the outcome would of been at end of regulation. Im not saying anything against the Wilson Central team they are a heck of a team and it showed. There are going to be bad calls made but in this case a missed call where everyone saw the violation except the ref that was standing right there. I replayed it over and over and just couldnt believe he didnt call up and down.

Congrats Coach. But It look like to me you wanted to show that your girls could play slow down ball as well as up tempo. I have watch most of your girls play AAU and they can run down, run over anyone. Why did you not push that. I'm impressed with your calmness on your bench. But last night you did get on your knees late to get your girls in the right spots.

I'm sure we will see you again.

When it's there we push, when it's not we don't. Most of the night it wasn't there because Wilson Central did a good job of getting back and it was too close of a game to force anything, especially when we played the most minutes in the tourney. You have to consider it all not just what you would do with a fresh team. We made some costly turnovers at the end of regulation and missed too many baskets around and in the paint. I wasn't trying to make a point about us being able to play half court because I know we can and have done so all year when we wanted to. We lost to a great team that had outstanding coaching. If you want to say I lost it because I didn't want to push the ball every trip OK, I lost the game. To make the comparison to AAU is nuts. They aren't playing with their same teammates and the structure of the AAU game is different than what you would see with a high school team.

I'm not very calm at all most of the time. I fussed and acted a nut all year so I guess it was time to settle down and act like I had some home training since I was on TV statewide. I didn't want to embarrass my mom, she was watching from Mississippi /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Great Job Ladies on another great season. 66-8 these last two seasons. You all have made me look like I can coach a little bit. You all have accomplished so much this year for the program and the school. Most wins in school history, No home losses in 2 consecutive seasons, 4 tournament championships (MLK Jr., Collierville Christmas, District 14-AAA, Region 7-AAA, back to back regular season district champions, Sub-State champions and State Runner-up. In spite of what people said about West TN Basketball you all kept your heads and proved that we do have some good basketball being played over here. This tourney was full of great basketball programs that if played over could easily have different teams in the finals. Way to represent the state to all!

Congrats to LaTesa for her reaching the 1000 point club this season and setting the 3 point record in a single game this season for the Shelby-Metro area with 10 (10 out of 13) and for setting the steals record for the Shelby-Metro area in a single season with 270 steals averaging 6.9 a game. The previous record was 248. Tough kid to play the last 8 games with a strained ligament in her foot. She played through a lot of pain these last couple of weeks. Congrats on your MVP honor in the MLK tourney as well.

Jasmine you really did your thing lil girl. Congrats on earning the district tourney MVP, region tourney MVP and making the all state tourney team. You have really stepped up your game...Now Go read a book, inside joke! (this has nothing to do with her grades because she has great grades)

Olivia congrats on earning the all state tourney team honor. You made it through your first full season in one piece /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />. I look forward in developing your skills. Congrats on earning the MVP honor for the Collierville tourney also. Thanks for playing through your rib injury the last few weeks. It took a lot of courage and team pride to play through in spite of.

Congrats to Ashley for a great junior season and improving your game and working your individual game into my system. We have a lot to look forward to with you being a senior next year. Congrats on your MVP honor for the Collierville tourney also.

Congrats to Tamarah on your selection of the all district team this year. You have improved your game a lot and I look forward to taking it up another level this summer as well.

Congrats to Michele on a solid junior season and congrats on your all tournament selection in the MLK tourney. You have improved so much since your freshman year. I look forward to seeing you lead us back to the state next year.

Great job Shay on your role on this championship team. Although it may not have shown up in the stats but you surely gave me what I needed to be prepared for every game, in practice and you came and gave me the quality minutes that I needed.

I'm so proud to be the coach of such a great group of young ladies. To those freshmen and sophomores not mentioned, keep learning and working and we will be back. Remember, when I lose, I win! Lady Trojans on a move!!!

Well Wilson Central would been -2 points if the call was made. So that would put mill up by 1 at end of regulation. So that 1 missed call made a impact on the outcome. Yes JH was unstopable but she didnt change what the outcome would of been at end of regulation. Im not saying anything against the Wilson Central team they are a heck of a team and it showed. There are going to be bad calls made but in this case a missed call where everyone saw the violation except the ref that was standing right there. I replayed it over and over and just couldnt believe he didnt call up and down.

Shooting 4 of 19 from the field the second half and overtime is what beat Millington. Every game has bad calls, but make a couple more easy baskets and the bad call is not an issue.

To make the comparison to AAU is nuts. They aren't playing with their same teammates and the structure of the AAU game is different than what you would see with a high school team.

Naw coach. I agree not all the players are the same. You also did not lose game. It was a well fought game. Just wish at times we had a shot clock. But you impressed me

Your Mom should be proud of the son she raised

When it's there we push, when it's not we don't. Most of the night it wasn't there because Wilson Central did a good job of getting back and it was too close of a game to force anything, especially when we played the most minutes in the tourney. You have to consider it all not just what you would do with a fresh team. We made some costly turnovers at the end of regulation and missed too many baskets around and in the paint. I wasn't trying to make a point about us being able to play half court because I know we can and have done so all year when we wanted to. We lost to a great team that had outstanding coaching. If you want to say I lost it because I didn't want to push the ball every trip OK, I lost the game. To make the comparison to AAU is nuts. They aren't playing with their same teammates and the structure of the AAU game is different than what you would see with a high school team.

I'm not very calm at all most of the time. I fussed and acted a nut all year so I guess it was time to settle down and act like I had some home training since I was on TV statewide. I didn't want to embarrass my mom, she was watching from Mississippi /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Great Job Ladies on another great season. 66-8 these last two seasons. You all have made me look like I can coach a little bit. You all have accomplished so much this year for the program and the school. Most wins in school history, No home losses in 2 consecutive seasons, 4 tournament championships (MLK Jr., Collierville Christmas, District 14-AAA, Region 7-AAA, back to back regular season district champions, Sub-State champions and State Runner-up. In spite of what people said about West TN Basketball you all kept your heads and proved that we do have some good basketball being played over here. This tourney was full of great basketball programs that if played over could easily have different teams in the finals. Way to represent the state to all!

Congrats to LaTesa for her reaching the 1000 point club this season and setting the 3 point record in a single game this season for the Shelby-Metro area with 10 (10 out of 13) and for setting the steals record for the Shelby-Metro area in a single season with 270 steals averaging 6.9 a game. The previous record was 248. Tough kid to play the last 8 games with a strained ligament in her foot. She played through a lot of pain these last couple of weeks. Congrats on your MVP honor in the MLK tourney as well.

Jasmine you really did your thing lil girl. Congrats on earning the district tourney MVP, region tourney MVP and making the all state tourney team. You have really stepped up your game...Now Go read a book, inside joke! (this has nothing to do with her grades because she has great grades)

Olivia congrats on earning the all state tourney team honor. You made it through your first full season in one piece /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />. I look forward in developing your skills. Congrats on earning the MVP honor for the Collierville tourney also. Thanks for playing through your rib injury the last few weeks. It took a lot of courage and team pride to play through in spite of.

Congrats to Ashley for a great junior season and improving your game and working your individual game into my system. We have a lot to look forward to with you being a senior next year. Congrats on your MVP honor for the Collierville tourney also.

Congrats to Tamarah on your selection of the all district team this year. You have improved your game a lot and I look forward to taking it up another level this summer as well.

Congrats to Michele on a solid junior season and congrats on your all tournament selection in the MLK tourney. You have improved so much since your freshman year. I look forward to seeing you lead us back to the state next year.

Great job Shay on your role on this championship team. Although it may not have shown up in the stats but you surely gave me what I needed to be prepared for every game, in practice and you came and gave me the quality minutes that I needed.

I'm so proud to be the coach of such a great group of young ladies. To those freshmen and sophomores not mentioned, keep learning and working and we will be back. Remember, when I lose, I win! Lady Trojans on a move!!!

Coach,

Congratulations on a great year!

I followed a couple of your posts on here dating back over a year ago...when you were first asking about TN teams and talent. I must admit that I thought it odd that you would participate in this forum as freely as you do. However, having not seen you coach or seen your team play, and basing these next thoughts on your Coacht comments and your demonstrated results, you strike me as a motivator who gets the most out of your athletes through instruction and encouragement.

If I'm way off on that thought, then I don't want to know it. I don't want to know it because it is "refreshing" to draw the connection between "instruction and encouragement" and the results you've achieved.