compare records

pujo

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aight but still the post was argumetive in manner, and was intended to get a rise outta someone maybe just not me. I beleive this post is ridiculous and some the post are hilarious. What about Indians post "long term stats can be misleading' he rather use the last 2 years. Ummm that is one of the most ridiculous things i have ever seen. There are things in stats called anomolies, i think thats how its spelled, and they are outside the norm. I really beleive alot of the improvements in the privates has been led by better coaches coming to those schools, because they saw the advantages they had there.

I know at Ezell our sucess has been in direst coorilation to COach Smith COming there. CPA's sucees is the same with Coach Pack, FRA Coach Weicker and the list could go on. But the advantages for private schools dont begin with the kids, becuase you could have all the great athlete you want, but without good coaching its wasted. I am going to start a thread on this topic now that i think about it :)

... as well as Halls moving up in classification and the subsequent suicide of their program, Lake County's capitulation as a competitive program, the death of 1A football in Memphis, D-II, and the construction of the "Taj Mahal" of athletic complexes at USJ...

...while there is no doubt that Marley is an outstanding coach, he is playing with a stacked deck against defenseless opponents in 1A in West Tennessee...

...and yes I am very familiar with Bruceton, they are no longer in the same league as USJ...

... Lake County"s program has suffered from a myriad of problems, including declining enrollment, incompetent coaches, a derelection of discipline and the overall apathy of the community and administration...

... as for Bruceton, last years' team was one of their most athletically gifted, but was totally outclassed, outplayed and "out-athleted" by USJ...

nonews...I agree with you about Lake County. I think poor coaching is what has done them in thelast few years. Apathy?....yes there is apathy, but that has grown out of their lack of success. They had great support when they had a good coach and and they were doing well. The athletes or potential athletes are still there. I`ve been trying to say all along that good coaching is the primary reason for the success or failure of teams. Lake County is a prime example of that. There may be some schools out there that don`t have many athletes, but is is coaching that motivates, disciplines, and brings out the most of each kid.There is no doubt in my mind that there are good athletes at Lake County. They even had some on their team last year. I saw them. they just weren`t well coached. The discussion on RBS has brought out the fact that they have kids there who could be players, but the coach can`t get them to come out. I think the right person could do that. They just haven`t found the right one yet and obviously the administrators and powers that be aren`t that interested in looking for him. People shouldn`t blame private schools for that. They have no control over any of these school districts. The late great coach Bobby Dodd once said about Bear Bryant..."He can take his`n and beat your`n and he can take your`n and beat his`n". It`s not coincidence that USJ never won a playoff game until Marley got there. In fact they had qualified for the playoffs only twice before he got there.

As for Bruceton, I have to disagree. Yes, Bruceton had a great team last year and USJ beat them twice. The first game was a blowout. I didn`t see it, but everyone I`ve talked to who did said that it was one of those games where nothing went wrong for USJ and nothing went right for Bruceton. The mistakes, the turnovers, penalties...everything went USJ`s way. The playoff game was much closer. USJ did have a better team last year. They had some key players...DeLoach, Fay, and Payne who have been starters for 3+ years. They were also starters when Bruceton knocked them out of the playoffs 17 -7 in 1999. Their gone now and so is Bruceton`s Jamieson. Well see how they compare this year. I`ll say this about Sturdivant...he`s not afraid to play USJ. Even though they are not in the same region now, he continues to schedule USJ. There are many on here who don`t want to play private schools. Sturdivant knows that is what makes them better. Playing USJ or Bruceton in west TN is a good measuring stick for any team in this area to find out how good your team is and where they need to be in terms of competing.

[Edited by VolunteerGeneral on 7/20/02 5:55A]

...Coach Sturdivant has the same problems in scheduling as Coach Marley does. If he doesn't schedule USJ he will be forced to schedule a top-flight 2 or 3A team and that is a last option for him. Also, like many other public coaches statewide, Rod is a proponent of the split, but like most other successful coaches he doesn't state this publicly...

... BTW, the word you were searching for in another post is "epitome"...

... and while I agree that apathy from fans is a byproduct of losing, apathy from a school's administration leads directly to failure...

Aw gee nothingnew did I misspell a word? Thanks for correcting me. From now on you can be known as the CoachT spelling czar. It`s funny how many posts are made on here that have numerous spelling errors and you choose one that I make to correct. From now on you are the spelling czar. It is your duty to proofread all posts and then let everyone who makes a mistake in spelling that they made an error...ok? How much more childish can you be???

I see you had no rebuttal about USJ passing Bruceton up. And I agree that if an administration doesn`t care then it leads to apathy, but that is no fault of private schools nor is it the fault of schools like Bruceton, Collinwood, South Pitt, etc...where they do care.

... will you confer for yourself?...

It is your duty to proofread all posts and then let everyone who makes a mistake in spelling that they made an error...ok?

... then I assume grammatical errors should be noted as well...

... as for correcting only your messages, I would guess that the tone of many of your posts simply brings out the best in me...