Caesar's Plan

I like many of your plans and each one has some good points. Since most of the frustration is between the small public and private schools who don't offer financial aid, I think I have a solution. Create a new classification just for the non-financial aid private schools and let them play each other in the playoffs. Then lower the number of public school teams as follows:

CLASS A: ALL NON-FINANCIAL AID PRIVATE SCHOOLS

CLASS AA: ALL PUBLIC SCHOOLS 0-429 (67-69 schools)

CLASS AAA: ALL PUBLIC SCHOOLS 430-829 (67-69 schools)

CLASS AAAA: ALL PUBLIC SCHOOLS 830-1299 (67-69 schools)

CLASS AAAAA: ALL PUBLIC SCHOOLS OVER 1300 (65-67 schools)

In this plan, you have no multiplier effect (to please Vol Gen) and no small private school has to play against the financial aid supported private schools or the larger AA public schools. Everyone wins and you still have your non-financial aid schools separated from the financial aid schools. Also the larger public schools would support this plan! I think it is a great idea, I'm surprised someone else didn't think of this before!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not think that "financial aid" really matters.

Most of these schools are just reducing the cost of tuition or making a payment plan. So really you are keeping these schools to themselves because some kids are paying a little less than others. There is still a lot of money being paid.

In other words: Get rid of the financial aid class.If you want to deture schools from recruiting you'll have to invest the money in an undercover agency.

This is not a split! If it were a split, they would go to DIVISION II! All of the private schools are happy with this plan because they would stay within Division I! VOL GEN, you need to think a little more before you post! When most public school coaches talk split, they mean complete split, GONE! This is a great idea!

Yep,

VG is right, this plan is more commononly known as a split. Take out all private schools and don't let the publics play them in the playoffs. This came up in another plan called the split. In this plan, all private school went to DII. Once all private schools went to DII, DII within itself split to non-aid and aid giving.

Ceaser, any plan which does not allow publics and privates to play each other to find a true champion is a split. you need to think more before you slam folks. your plan can be simply called a split.

I am assuming you are addressing my earlier post.

My understanding, based on what private school people have aid on these boards, is that most of the financial aid is just that...aid. Not scholarships. So if someone wishes to join a private school and is unable to pay full tuition, that school has the option to offer a reduced tuition or a more reasonable payment plan. That, of coarse, is after the student meets all requirements for entry and aid. Is my understanding incorrect?