Caesar's Plan

just1,

here is the deal:

All private schools can offer financial aid in ANY amount they chose to ANY student. However, if a school chooses to offer aid to athletes, they MUST be in DII. Now, if a school options to be in DII and give aid to athletes, the aid MUST be need based for that athlete to participate. The need level is determined by filling out forms on income and tuition level and sending the forms to some firm up north. the firm determines how much a family "needs."

Now, a DI private and DII private can choose to offer aid above this number to anyone they want, but that athlete is then ineligible to play varsity TSSAA sports. A DI private can offer aid to any non athlete they wish. If a DI school offers aid to any student, that student gives up being able to play varsity.

I hope that makes sense. if not ask me the same question in a different way and maybe I can explain it better.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EGO....LOL!!! Maybe we take sports too seriously here! This is evidenced by your post...

"When did schools start lowering tution...I would think teams would be raising the prices?"

Do you think that should read "...schools would be raising the prices?"

I doubt any school is that obsessed with sports that the teams determine tuition. :^)

I agree with everyone else. This plan is essentially a split.

I find it ironic, caesar, that for all of the advantages that private schools supposedly have, that you have put all the non-financial aid private schools in the lowest (A) of the five classes. Shouldn't your A class actually be AAAAA, or was that a Freudian slip?

I was under the understanding VG and whoever else that he meant that schools were lowering their tution so athletes could attend their (DI schools like Goodpasture)...common sense and recent history would show us that schools have always raised tution each year, but obviosuly he was either mistaken or I misinterrpreted it.

I have no problem with financial aid schools, but this is an alternative plan to the one presented by ELA and CoachT. I like both of their plans, but just thought I would throw this one out as a possibility. I guess everyone has a different idea about what it means to have a total split! When you say total split between public and private, I always think of all private schools going to D-II! THAT IS A TOTAL SPLIT! This is an alternative to the concept of a TOTAL SPLIT! It places the non-financial aid private schools in a class. They can still play anyone they wish to schedule, it is just they will only face each other in the playoffs. This seemed like a good plan because it solves all of the problems presented by the public school coaches! Public school coaches don't mind just playing other public school teams, but it seems private school supporters don't want to just play private schools! I wonder why?

[Edited by caesar on 7/9/02 9:52A]