Knox Halls

coachtinsider

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coachtinsider - When you say "stronger" do you actually mean stronger, or better?

- stronger? - yes, this will be the strongest team Halls has fielded in a long time! For example, on the bench (I know it's not everything, but let's use it for an example) Halls had two players that benched over 300lbs- Leonard and Blair. The year before that, only one - Leonard. The year before that only two - Vandergriff and Collette. This year look for that number to get closer to 8. This group of seniors have been in Coach Julians weight program for four years now. Look to see a stronger team on the field this year.

- better? - I doubt it. Kitts and Dayton cannot be replaced. Add Kelley, Gunter, Blair, Hughes and Plunk and you had a really nice group of seniors that knew how to win.

The good news - I'm not sure any of the teams in this district will be better than their last years squad. If I am right about this, look for the winner of the Halls vs. Maryville game in week zero to content for the district championship.

I agree Ironman. I think Halls will be no worse than second again to Maryville. Week 0 could be a huge game.I'm glad its at home this year. I hope this gives us the edge to stop their win steak. I also think other teams have lost as much or even more than we have to graduation such as Central and West.

Daniel Dayton and Wesley Kitts were two Halls players that will be respected for their contributions and enthusiasm to the program. They will be very hard to replace but I know there are many eager to try to achieve the same standards they set and do even better.

The good news is hearing the strength and conditioning is paying off. If the defense can assert itself this year and can hold down the opposition from scoring big then the skys the limit.

My take: On offense we may not have the homerun hitters this year but I think we may have a hard working blue collar type team that can wear down teams in the fourth quarter and be very succesful. I still don't see much passing or wide open play from Turner at the helm but I can see him running the ball more and finding some good running lanes and making the right deceisons to not put the team under pressure.

It will be a interesting year for us and we have to be considered as a threat to win 3-4A.

overrated? What are the expectations for the Devils this year?

Ironman, I think that it is a little too early in the non-season (before spring practice) for you or anybody to make up the championship game already. Even though Maryville is Maryville, but they lost a lot last year and will need to find some answers on both sides of the football. Also, you can not count out Powell, South Doyle or Central.

This will be a good year for a lot of teams in this division and my bet will be between: Maryville, Powell and Central for the championship.

Ironman, I think that it is a little too early in the non-season (before spring practice) for you or anybody to make up the championship game already. Even though Maryville is Maryville, but they lost a lot last year and will need to find some answers on both sides of the football. Also, you can not count out Powell, South Doyle or Central.

This will be a good year for a lot of teams in this division and my bet will be between: Maryville, Powell and Central for the championship.

I See the 4 play off teams being

-Maryville (dont know what they will be like, but hey its maryville, they will be good!)

-Halls (has too much talent to not win)

-Clinton (played very well at the end of the season last year, look for that to carry over to this year)

-South Doyle (my wild-card team, return a lot of big men that can move!)

What are you hearing about this urban and rural deal the T$$AA are talking about? From what people have told me Anderson County, Kingston and Loudon will be 2A. AE, Gibbs, Carter, Alcoa, Catholic, Fulton will be 3A. All of the rest in the Knoxville area will be 4A.

If that is true then the Red Devils will be playing Maryville, Farragut, Oak Ridge, etc. Don't know bout ya'll, but in my opinion that stinks a big one.

What are you hearing about this urban and rural deal the T$$AA are talking about? From what people have told me Anderson County, Kingston and Loudon will be 2A. AE, Gibbs, Carter, Alcoa, Catholic, Fulton will be 3A. All of the rest in the Knoxville area will be 4A.

If that is true then the Red Devils will be playing Maryville, Farragut, Oak Ridge, etc. Don't know bout ya'll, but in my opinion that stinks a big one.

Now that would be interesting. Hey, if it happens then we can't complain. Just have to prepare for one of the hardest schedules ever thought of. LSMFT where'd you hear this? I haven't heard this myself...not that I'm the most connected person, but usually something this big is a little more heard of. Maybe I need to get out of the house more often. It would make for some larger crowds at the bigger schools in the knoxville area probably since the premier programs would be at it again and more often, that being the 4As and 5As in the Knoxville area playing each other more often. It also would leave out really good teams come playoff time unless the Knoxville area has enough schools according to the T$$AA to have 2 regions of the new 4a football. An east region and a west if you will. Or a north and a south.

Even if this is just a rumor it does have an interesting look to it

I have heard the folks from Maryville and Sevier County talking. I can't say that these things are definitely going to take place but it seems the controlling bosses of T$$AA are moving in that direction.

I then asked if they were talking about Ronnie Carter and his brotherhood of screw-ups? I was told it was the people that were Ronnis Carter 's boss. Some kind of Board and Council. Sorry that I dont really remember. I will try to find out Monday.