BEST Place to play BASEBALL?

RiverCityRage

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Your sayin that Sourwater has a nicer field than McMinn Central does? Centrals outfields is the best around it dont have any valleys or holes in it like any other outfield around here does. And whats so special about their fence? its just a 15 foot blue wall. But i do agree on the Walker Valley field it is very nice, id say them an Central have two of the top ten fields in east tennessee

Why does McMinn Central have such a blind spot in right field? Why don't they fix the field lights that are not working? Why do they have spots with no grass in the outfield? The back stop is just too short to neet spec.

Farragut, hands down. D1 college baseball has been wanting to play scrimmages there for sometime. A true shrine to the game of baseball, even though I dont like Farragut AT ALL.

while i agree about farragut having a nice facilty (i like how things are set up there)but i find it hard to believe that D1 schools want to play their due to their short fence (if memory serves me correctly)D1 players fly balls wold be HR in that feild

I hadn't even thought about responding to this thread until today when I went by to see the new artificial playing surface being installed at Dobyns Bennett. It should be ready to play on by next weekend. It is a new football and baseball field end to end. Needless to say I was totally amazed with what I saw. You would think you were waiting to watch a Braves game. The field is breathtakingly beautiful. It's a state of the art surface, the same one that is used by the University of Louisville Cardinals and the Indianapolis Colts for football. The drainage capability of the new facility is unreal. A team can play baseball 20 minutes after a heavy thunderstorm drenches the surface. I encourage anyone interested to stop by and take a look for yourself. I think you will be as impressed as I was.

Farragut, hands down. D1 college baseball has been wanting to play scrimmages there for sometime. A true shrine to the game of baseball, even though I dont like Farragut AT ALL.

I like how on the Farragut baseball website, Admiralbaseball.com, it shows what it used to look like and what it looks like now. Amazing work they have done. I love the info the site has, but it isn't put together the greatest. All the info is there just needs more organization to make it look better..