State of Oak Ridge Football

bbulldog

Hey Coach,

You are not afraid to compete for the OR head job are you ? Look at his record VS yours.

if It was not for Ron Grey you would not have your job now.

You got it all figured out don't you?

a. I am not a coach of any sport.

b. if I was a coach I would not be coaching at Oak Ridge.

c. I would hope that our coaches have more important things to do than read and post than message board.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bldrunner

Are you my ole buddy "bladerunner" from last fall??? If not have you wildcat fans put a gag order on him???? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I've been watching the threads and he hasn't wrote a word all spring... or maybe his pc crashed.... Good luck guys, hope everything works out for you all...

tpoole12

TPOOLE ,

It's me, in the flesh, I have been out of the country & could not log back in for some reason, Does Jethro work in I.T.? Anyway, how are you?

TPOOLE ,

It's me, in the flesh, I have been out of the country & could not log back in for some reason, Does Jethro work in I.T.? Anyway, how are you?

I'm doing fine Bldrunner... Glad to have you back... I'll let you know if Jethro has hacked the system... Hadn't heard from him in a while so I may have to take a short ride over to Greenback and see if I can find him.... Look forward to reading your posts... You have a way of keeping things interesting.... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Welcome home my friend..

tpoole12

I am going to have to side with NickOrlando on this one. Being close to the Bearden program and knowing a few Karns coaches. I can't say anything positive about him, nor have I heard anything positive. I think (if parents in OR have any sense at all) you would have trouble findinf players to dress out. I would not let my son play for him.

I will also add. That ever coach I have spoke too. They all say he is a great coach, that he knows his X's and O's. But his charecter is not at the highest level.

I try not to drag people through the mud. I would love to see OR gey back to its Glory Days. It would just raise the standard of football in East Tn. Not only would it be great for OR, but also Knox, Anderson,Loudon, and all of East Tn. This guy is not the one you need piloting OR ship.

I know you guys are Down, but your not out. Rally around your players, don't make any rashe decisions and think this thing through. Get a plan togehter and act on it. Being around Bearden football for years. Trust me. Thats the best thing to do. Lord knows, we have seen some bad times.

To all OR fans. Go to the games. Pack your stands. Act like you are champions and sooner then you think you will be champions again. This is about 14-18 yr old kids. Not adults, who what to fly a flag on your cars on game day.

Everyone knows that the kids are reading these mess. boards. They know exactly what is going on, just so you know a lot of the banter you are reading comes from the families of the kids who have been informed about what happens at practice etc & are frustrated.

Or what doesn't happen I should say.

Should we shield them from the obvious?

Should Teachers use red ink?

Should Dodge ball be banned from public schools?

I can't speak for everyone, but debating the state of the program is not a slam on the kids..... And kids if you are reading this , You already know , Coach Stevens needs to go. Nothing personal, it's just not a good job fit.

We had a program with integrity first & then performance, That is gone. I said it before-- if you win the State without integrity, what have you won?

There, I have educated the children, there will be more to come.

Well I for one am a R'dale fan and would NEVER slam the kids at Oak Ridge because they have shown too much heart and determination over the years. To me the semi games we played y'all in both 03 and 04 were the Championship games as y'all played us tougher than ANYBODY both years! Even when you beat us in 05 I was actually proud of y'all as YOU deserved that win. The players did it and NOT the Coach.

The thing I don't care for is the fact the kids are having to shoulder blame that is NO way their fault. Young MEN keep doing what you do best there and that is keep playing hard with integrity. You are winners in my eyes no matter what the score board shows.

I may kid on here about the ribs, but it is the normally high quality of football y'all play that I like to watch.

Good Luck this season and I honestly mean it.

I am not sure what you are getting at responding to my post. I know that the kids are aware of the trouble the football program is in.

I can't say if Coach Stevens needs to stay or go. I am not an Oak Ridge fan. It does not effect me what they decide to do with him.

I read in some posts that people were not going to attend games this year. I just made a comment hoping they would reconsider, because those kids need them more than ever now.

I also seen were someone suggested Ron Grey as a replacement coach. Since I am not an Oak Ridge fan, maybe I should not have put my "2 cents" in on that topic.

There is my red ink and dodge ball should not be banned from school.

Good one:) I agree with you about the kids, one prob. we have , If we continue to get a good "Gate" to support the kids - the administration (Bailey & Green) will ignore some of the off the field Issues as long as the revenue is coming in.

It is my opinion that this guy Stevens is untouchable

Then why would he apologize to Stanton?

WoW, Mr Stanton Stevens behind closed doors admitted that it was his fault. I had a calender marked with Powells Scrimmage dates with O.R. and Carter months ago. Im sure Mr Matt Lowe said he was sorry that there was a misunderstanding and in no way was it his fault. It really put Powell at a disadvantage this year for spring ball.

I personally feel bad for the student athletes at O.R. and Powell for missing a much needed spring scrimmage due to the lack of memory of one O.R. head coach. It still amazes me that he will not openly admit his fault and still tries to weasel out of his mistakes...

O.R. may be too far gone at this point. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

WoW, Mr Stanton Stevens behind closed doors admitted that it was his fault. I had a calender marked with Powells Scrimmage dates with O.R. and Carter months ago. Im sure Mr Matt Lowe said he was sorry that there was a misunderstanding and in no way was it his fault. It really put Powell at a disadvantage this year for spring ball.

I personally feel bad for the student athletes at O.R. and Powell for missing a much needed spring scrimmage due to the lack of memory of one O.R. head coach. It still amazes me that he will not openly admit his fault and still tries to weasel out of his mistakes...

O.R. may be too far gone at this point. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

News flash. Last year Matt Lowe made a statement saying AE freshmen showed to freshmen jamboree without being invited. He told that to stevens and to coach Nix at Alcoa. i am actually a friend of Nix because I used to go to church in Alcoa at Mother Love. A lot of Alcoa players went there and talked very highly of coach Nix. So I think he is very truthful person. Of course Stevens told Graham and Nix told me. Graham made a good point in saying with their school budget why would he pay for a bus if he wasn't invited. Secondly before Oak Ridge, Alcoa and others start coming AE always came. (When no one else would come). And it wasn't Matt Lowe who invited him it was the booster club president. Well The booster club pres called coach Graham and apologized. Matt Lowe still hasn't said anything about it. Just goes to show you anyone can make a mistake. Talked to a college coach last week at UT. He made a good point about Stevens (A lot of people in Knoxville thought Stevens was good for football in Knoxville-brought integrity back to AE). How many players were offered college scholarships with Lussier. How many players ended up ineligible. It was so good befoer Stevens but were is Rock Hardin now. .What about Cory Booker,etc. etc. etc.

This is what a UT coach said. Honestly thinks Stevens hasn't had the hosses. Said the Clinton thing was blown out of proportion and it was the Clinton assistant that came to Stevens. Once again this was a UT coach. Finally From what I ehar from former players one time Joe Gaddis told the fans at clinton if you spit on me are my players I'm going to jail. But then there was no internet I guess. Stevens is a proven coach. He has done well in my opinion at AE and OR. 5A region has gotten a lot better. Credit to Farragut, William Blount and Ooltewah. Out of those teams Oak Rdige and Ooltewah will probably be the ones who continue to be good. He is a good enough coach to make a threat every year. When you talk to other great coaches they all will say Stevens is a great coach. Ask George Quarles, Buck Coatney, Courtney, Meske, Brewer, and graham Clark they will all say he does a good job. So any players reading this you are probably reading the opinion of someone who has never coached, probably never played past high school, and/or doing this for political reasons. You have a good coach. But furthermore you have good coaches. I am pretty sure they all work hard and all of them want you to be successful. These people on here want talk about how many of your players get high before the game. They want talk about how many of your players are selfish and does not do what the coaches ask them to do. They do not talk about how many players miss workouts and have a bunch of excuses or when the play called was a good call but the players didn't execute it. Funny thing is this is at all high schools. I did play past high school at a major D1 school. I have never been a coach and as a black male nor would I want to be. All you hear is negative. When you win you got better players, when you lose you got out coached. I read these boards and not once is there anyting positive about Stevens. I may disagree with people on hear but never have put down a coach or a player. I have my opinion about who I think will win and why but never make it personal. Well stevens i can say you have won a state championship. Be proud of it. You have gotten there more than once (not just at a 3A school). Have one of the highest winning percentages in the state of tennessee. You continue to believe in yourself. Get your coaches to believe in you and everything else will trickle down. Don't let these people get you down. Early success brings complacency get back in the war room and go to work.

First off NO ONE has said he hasn't been successful in the PAST and NO ONE has even mentioned Race until you did.

The thing they are questioning is what you said for him to do and that is actually WORK and pay attention to the details that ANY Head Coach should be paying attention to. Further, fighting is NOT what football is about be it the players or the Coaches themselves.

Harry Truman had a great sign on his desk that applies to everyone in a position of authority. It said simply "The Buck Stops HERE". Maybe Coach Stevens should be reminded of that little thing as HE is the one responsible for EVERYTHING about the team he is Head Coach of.

News flash. Last year Matt Lowe made a statement saying AE freshmen showed to freshmen jamboree without being invited. He told that to stevens and to coach Nix at Alcoa. i am actually a friend of Nix because I used to go to church in Alcoa at Mother Love. A lot of Alcoa players went there and talked very highly of coach Nix. So I think he is very truthful person. Of course Stevens told Graham and Nix told me. Graham made a good point in saying with their school budget why would he pay for a bus if he wasn't invited. Secondly before Oak Ridge, Alcoa and others start coming AE always came. (When no one else would come). And it wasn't Matt Lowe who invited him it was the booster club president. Well The booster club pres called coach Graham and apologized. Matt Lowe still hasn't said anything about it. Just goes to show you anyone can make a mistake. Talked to a college coach last week at UT. He made a good point about Stevens (A lot of people in Knoxville thought Stevens was good for football in Knoxville-brought integrity back to AE). How many players were offered college scholarships with Lussier. How many players ended up ineligible. It was so good befoer Stevens but were is Rock Hardin now. .What about Cory Booker,etc. etc. etc.

This is what a UT coach said. Honestly thinks Stevens hasn't had the hosses. Said the Clinton thing was blown out of proportion and it was the Clinton assistant that came to Stevens. Once again this was a UT coach. Finally From what I ehar from former players one time Joe Gaddis told the fans at clinton if you spit on me are my players I'm going to jail. But then there was no internet I guess. Stevens is a proven coach. He has done well in my opinion at AE and OR. 5A region has gotten a lot better. Credit to Farragut, William Blount and Ooltewah. Out of those teams Oak Rdige and Ooltewah will probably be the ones who continue to be good. He is a good enough coach to make a threat every year. When you talk to other great coaches they all will say Stevens is a great coach. Ask George Quarles, Buck Coatney, Courtney, Meske, Brewer, and graham Clark they will all say he does a good job. So any players reading this you are probably reading the opinion of someone who has never coached, probably never played past high school, and/or doing this for political reasons. You have a good coach. But furthermore you have good coaches. I am pretty sure they all work hard and all of them want you to be successful. These people on here want talk about how many of your players get high before the game. They want talk about how many of your players are selfish and does not do what the coaches ask them to do. They do not talk about how many players miss workouts and have a bunch of excuses or when the play called was a good call but the players didn't execute it. Funny thing is this is at all high schools. I did play past high school at a major D1 school. I have never been a coach and as a black male nor would I want to be. All you hear is negative. When you win you got better players, when you lose you got out coached. I read these boards and not once is there anyting positive about Stevens. I may disagree with people on hear but never have put down a coach or a player. I have my opinion about who I think will win and why but never make it personal. Well stevens i can say you have won a state championship. Be proud of it. You have gotten there more than once (not just at a 3A school). Have one of the highest winning percentages in the state of tennessee. You continue to believe in yourself. Get your coaches to believe in you and everything else will trickle down. Don't let these people get you down. Early success brings complacency get back in the war room and go to work.

Yep, A-E was "invited" to the freshman jamboree, but they never confirmed that they were coming and several phone calls were made to try to contact and see if they were, in fact, going to participate as they had in the past. I know how that process works. I headed that event for several years and I worked with my successor after that. Don't even try to lay any blame for that on Matt Lowe.