State of Oak Ridge Football

bbulldog

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bounder I truly have had no contact with the program since the last game. Fans have to be concerned about football in Oak Ridge. The numbers appear to be way down. If the information circulating is close to the truth there will be less than 50 players this year. My heart will always be with the program even if I am not.

So, how did that Powell scrimmage work out for OR. You have to be concerned when the coach only has 2 scrimmages scheduled for the spring and forgets to let the other team know that they are playing. But, the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior so I guess this is no surprise to many.

Ole Dad

Bounder I truly have had no contact with the program since the last game. Fans have to be concerned about football in Oak Ridge. The numbers appear to be way down. If the information circulating is close to the truth there will be less than 50 players this year. My heart will always be with the program even if I am not.

Powell didn't know they were scrimmaging OR. You would think that the coaches would be talking, planning, confirming prior to the gameday.

Just Typical.

Ole Dad

Can you fill me in on what you're referring to? Did the Powell scrimmage not happen or are you referring to Bearden not knowing they're playing OR? I too live out of town and was hoping to get on the board here and found out how the scrimmage went.

Thanks

This has to be one for the record books. You publish a scrimmage, the Boosters high lite it, the local paper runs two-three storys on the upcoming scrimmage, the day of the scrimmage the refs the school is paying for show up, OR shows up, the Boosters cook and prepare enough food for a good size crowd, yet somehow along the way you FAIL to confirm that the other team is going to show up? How does that happen? Is no one held accountable? I, for one, am at a loss for words.

In the immortal words of Strother Martin in the film "Cool Hand Luke", what we have here is a 'failure to communicate'!

I always thought the first rule was to contact the other team and actually SCHEDULE the scrimmage?

Its all in paying attention to the details Coach. This in NO way can be blamed on the players as it is NOT up to them to schedule anything.

Bad coach, no doughnut. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

LOD,

Yeah and if you read the Blog's on The Oak Ridger coach Stevens is a God and it's all Powell's fault. I gues Bailey and Green should have installed a phone in Stevens office when they hired him.

Ole Dad

In the immortal words of Strother Martin in the film "Cool Hand Luke", what we have here is a 'failure to communicate'!

I always thought the first rule was to contact the other team and actually SCHEDULE the scrimmage?

Its all in paying attention to the details Coach. This in NO way can be blamed on the players as it is NOT up to them to schedule anything.

Bad coach, no doughnut. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I was visiting friends in Nashville this weekend and Oak Ridge football is the laughing stock of all of middle Tenn. .How could you schedule a scrimmage with another team and not call and confirm that it is still on during the week of said scrimmage? Sorry state of affairs. Good thing the alledged "scrimmage" was in Oak Ridge instead of Powell, can you image arriving at Powell High school and no one was there, that would really be embarassing!

Probably cost the Boosters a bundle of money for supplies that can't be reused. Away games will be in Big Yellow schoolbuses instead of the fancy coaches this year....no money!

I was visiting friends in Nashville this weekend and Oak Ridge football is the laughing stock of all of middle Tenn. .How could you schedule a scrimmage with another team and not call and confirm that it is still on during the week of said scrimmage? Sorry state of affairs. Good thing the alledged "scrimmage" was in Oak Ridge instead of Powell, can you image arriving at Powell High school and no one was there, that would really be embarassing!

Probably cost the Boosters a bundle of money for supplies that can't be reused. Away games will be in Big Yellow schoolbuses instead of the fancy coaches this year....no money!

Most in Middle Tn are NOT laughing at Oak Ridge, as we have too much respect for the tradition of fine football coming from there. Now the Coach y'all have now is ANOTHER story all together. I still can't believe he got 'tenure' this year though after the things last year.

I still would love to see an escalator installed though! Parachute knees do not like climbing up the steps!