Dyer Co. fans

ready4boro

Nahhhhh......they have NEVER run up the score /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Whoa...that Gleason game WAS CLOSE......haaa!!!!haaaa!!!!

What you don't know is and you wouldn't because you were not there to see those games is this, Sisco would have had the starters out in the first few minutes of the third quarter or the starters would not have stepped on the floor in the second half....And i would say the majority or all of those games he pulled the press off with the reserves in also.... Think about this...A team that won 68 games and lost 3 the last two seasons and ranked #1 in every AP Poll the last two seasons is not going to be challenged in any way by a Gleason,South Fulton,Greenfield or most everyone else in 14A or 1A for that matter anyway.....The scores against those completely outclassed opponents are going to be lopsided anyway....Had MJ played a full four quarters in all of those blowout wins he would have averaged closer to 30ppg instead of the 20 he did average...And Union City would have AVERAGED over 100 pts a game....

I'm surprised nobody brought up the 130 points UC put up on Peabody last year....BJ Marshall,who was a rarely used soph that year, put up 26 points in the 4th quarter of that game while playing with sophs and freshman...

Sisco did do something near the end of the of the first year UC moved down to 1A....He was unmercifully beating those botttom tier teams and not dressing any freshmen at all....He started doing that and the last two years the freshmen have been getting a good bit of playing time...That will help in the years to come...

It's hard to say anything bad about a team I enjoy watching play,I enjoy watching the Choctaws play...And I WASN'T bashing Dyer County..It used to make me mad too,when people accused Union City of running up the score and early on Sisco probably did run it up to a good extent..But now,Sisco is doing the right thing..When you have your third team in a game as early as the middle of the third quarter and you pull the press you can't say you are running the score up....You can't tell freshmen not to score....

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yankee....Your comment about the teams that run up the score....It's not really that simple..

You'll have to tell me for sure what the circumstances were in the games...The ones that pride and GC are talking about point to running up the score...The games you mentioned about Union City I can tell you that Sisco had reserves in either the entire second half or from the mid point of the third qtr...And when I say reserves,I'm not talking about the five in the second rotation...I'm talking about the last five who would be sophs and freshmen...

If DC did that also,I'm going to say that no,they didn't run up the score...

Early in Sisco's career I'm not going to say he didn't run up the score on a few teams...He did..But as he matured as a coach he realized that he needed to develop depth and give the younger players a reason to practice hard...If they had a shot at dressing out and even playing,he would have to get more out of them during practice time and give them a reason to hang with the program....

I'm going to say that probably,for the most part part,DC has played it's reserves in alot of blowout games..There are always teams that individual coaches don't like...Whether it be a dislike for the opposing coach or whatever and they will give them a little extra nudge.....

What you don't know is and you wouldn't because you were not there to see those games is this, Sisco would have had the starters out in the first few minutes of the third quarter or the starters would not have stepped on the floor in the second half....And i would say the majority or all of those games he pulled the press off with the reserves in also.... Think about this...A team that won 68 games and lost 3 the last two seasons and ranked #1 in every AP Poll the last two seasons is not going to be challenged in any way by a Gleason,South Fulton,Greenfield or most everyone else in 14A or 1A for that matter anyway.....The scores against those completely outclassed opponents are going to be lopsided anyway....Had MJ played a full four quarters in all of those blowout wins he would have averaged closer to 30ppg instead of the 20 he did average...And Union City would have AVERAGED over 100 pts a game....

I'm surprised nobody brought up the 130 points UC put up on Peabody last year....BJ Marshall,who was a rarely used soph that year, put up 26 points in the 4th quarter of that game while playing with sophs and freshman...

Sisco did do something near the end of the of the first year UC moved down to 1A....He was unmercifully beating those botttom tier teams and not dressing any freshmen at all....He started doing that and the last two years the freshmen have been getting a good bit of playing time...That will help in the years to come...

It's hard to say anything bad about a team I enjoy watching play,I enjoy watching the Choctaws play...And I WASN'T bashing Dyer County..It used to make me mad too,when people accused Union City of running up the score and early on Sisco probably did run it up to a good extent..But now,Sisco is doing the right thing..When you have your third team in a game as early as the middle of the third quarter and you pull the press you can't say you are running the score up....You can't tell freshmen not to score....

Just as you said about being lopsided that could be true to DC too... Only 1 team in the 13AA could keep up with DC (that was Dyersburg)! & if DC didn't take out their starters wouldn't you think that they would AVERAGING around what the Phoenix Suns or the Denver Nuggets average! I believe they could! And Justin Blake would have averaged around 25-30 ppg not barely breaking 20... The starters played about an average of 20 minutes per game during the regular season and during the post season (sub-state to state) about 25-30 minutes per game out of 32 minutes.... Maybe the starters shouldn't be subbed for in the early of the game so they could get their points and minutes and give it over to the entire bench!!!

As for the taking the press off when you have your backups in there, you aren't really teaching the kids with real game experience if that is the defense you run! But I understand SPORTSMANSHIP & I understand improvement of your bench and up coming starters! Which is more important! I'm not BASHING UC I'm very happy for them being the only TN team to go undefeated CONGRATS!!!

I've seen where McCord pulled from the press with big leads ... and I've also seen where McCord has pulled all of the starters and played his freshman and sophomores during the entire 4th quarter contrary to what some may believe... I'm guessing some people want a team that has a lead to put the middle school team in there and play the stall tactic so the score won't be so HIGH! Come on now this is about kids playing ball! Overall Team Improvement!

The only people I know that don't like the DC coach is Dburg fans....As for anyone else it's a mystery why this man would not be liked. Their has to be an element of truth to the jelously argument...maybe it's because some of the fellow coaches didn't get the DC job...Who knows!!!! As long as DC wins more games than not, his kids get a chance for a free education at the next level ( the ones that are good enough), all his kids graduate, and his kids are productive citizens after school I would say he has done his Job....would you agree with that....I'm serious I don't get it...I played and have watched more games and coaches than I can count...he is no different than just about every other coach as far as his actions on the sidelines..with maybe the exception he usually outcoaches the opponent, and that is usually done in practice away from everyone else. The man is a winner and from everything I've seen all his kids conduct themselves in a polite respectfull manner...his kids certainly don't reflect bad on the DC school...It appears the kids are a mirror reflection of the coach.....with the exception of the sideline antics which any coach worth anything does...all that is is working the officials and motivating your team.I really beleive this man is a mentor to these kids just as he should be. I'm serious I don't get it!!!!!!! Good coach, Good Kids, Good Fan support, Good Community...what gives....I guess it's like that old saying.....It's lonely at the Top!!!! McCord, Sisco, Rudesill, and Williams all share something in common and that is alot of other programs are really envious of the programs these men lead.

McCord does not have any thing in common with Rudesill, Sisco and williams. They have gold balls in there trophy cases. Unless you mean regular season. I know alot of coaches that win in the regular season but just can't win in the boro. Good coaches don't worry about getting 20 win seasons they try to get there team ready for the post season.

I just know what I have been told.

Coaches are never what people think, most fans don't know them personally. I can say this because most people hated the coach I played for and they never really talked to him. Not saying these guys are not good guys just throwing that out there.

No these coaches that that are saying this about McCord are not bitter over not getting the DC job, some of these guys are college coaches. The only people that new how good DC was going to be were the former coaches and other people in the district that had seen Justin and Dejaun play JV or freshman at D-burg.

Great post. I agree with that 100%

ad, I'll start to your comment first. I'm not going to get mad about it because obviously the boys family felt he had a better chance to win and more of a chance to get looked at for college purposes at a school like Dyer Co. where there is lots of talent year in and year out. The kid lives in the GC area so in order for him to go to DC they would have to move to the DC area. My only thing about him playing for a team like DC is that he will not be near as quick as CJ or Rex. I'll promise you though he'll be able to shoot the lights out of the gym. I'm not quite sure if he is done growing yet or not but if he get's another 2 or 3 inches on him he could easily be a D1 recruit if he works hard enough which I think can happen.

yankees, I'm not sure if he does play AAU which I honestly don't think he does but I'm not 100% definate but I'll find out. I knew about Wayne playing at SS then transferring to Bolivar. I never got to see him play while at SS but saw him play a couple times while with Bolivar. As for them looking at the future, I know that's for sure. The kid plays several sports and I honestly think his go-to sport will be basketball. The kid is also a great baseball player! I know Jr. High and High School are 2 different levels of ball but as an 8th grader this year he averaged around 32 PPG and had 1 50 point game. For any kid on any level to be doing that is very impressive. No, I'm not boosting his numbers up either. Their legit. They played in the Jr. High TNT Tournaments this year in Springfield and he scored 32 in the first game, 31 in the second game, and 23 in the championship and was double teamed in the championship by 2 kids that were just as tall as he was and he still reeled off 23 points. I'll find out for sure if he plays AAU or not and let ya know...

GC don't pay Yankee any attention he does not know he is talking about.

GC don't pay Yankee any attention he does not know he is talking about.

UH OH!!!!! Look who reared his ugly head.....READY4BURRO..Are you really ready for the burro /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

In the western United States, a small donkey is sometimes called a burro /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

UH OH!!!!! Look who reared his ugly head.....READ4BURRO..Are you really ready for the burro /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

In the western United States, a small donkey is sometimes called a burro /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Don't get mad about the truth. You just don't know what you are talking about... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Don't get mad about the truth. You just don't know what you are talking about... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Your right I don't have any Idea what I'm talking about /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

READY4BURRO..Are you really ready for the burro /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I knew it would come up sooner or later.

I don't like the fact that any kid moves from his or her area or town to go to a school strictly for sports reasons.

Back in the day each little town had there own baseball team and competed against other towns. Unless a kid is a bonified star (I mean going to make a living at his or her sport) keep them in the an area. I understand parents move or get jobs for various reasons. Look at OJ Mayo from USC do some research and find out how many schools this kid played for.

This goes on in football in east Tn like crazy, why do people think Maryville is so good. Is there something in the water? No there is something on the road and it is usually a u-haul with a good football player stuck inside. I don't know if McCord recruits or not I know all the kids that are at DC now are legit (thanks to Brian Brown). I know all the kids from UC are UC products they all probably live within a 5-10 mile radius of the school. Our educational system is contributing to this attitude allowing kids to go where ever they feel is best for them. I did it also, I lived in Obion Co. was about 10 miles from Lake County High school and drove 15 to go to DC. My mom felt like DC was the better school systems. When I did my student teaching at Fulton City High School/Jr. High in KY I was surprised how many of the 250 kids 7-12 where from TN or had tranfered in from another school becasue they thought it was better for them. The football team had 7 wins pulled because two kids had transfered in and paper work wasn't done properly these two transfer kids didn't even play football at their other school.

Keep in mind I am a coach I want to win but I hate losing more. I would love to go to a place where the talent is coming in every year or 2. But when people are moving kids for sports reasons I think it gives a false sense of the reality to the school and the student athletes.

I will give a specific example of a kid that I know of that this has happened to. He played at 3 Oaks for 3 years, he had been told how good he was ( he was ok it got to his head some) His mom moved him from Memphis when he was young and she tried to move him back but it didn't work out. He played freshman at DC then when he realized he wasn't going to play his mom moved him to D-burg where I think he saw limited action this year as a sophomore. His parents would have moved him to any school where he would have gotten to play. This is an extreme example but this is what things are coming to in many sports in our area.

I live in Newbern, well kinda outside, and I don't send my kid to Newbern Elem. because the other school I send her to I feel academically suits her. Yes I am zoned for both. IT is a choice....DC is a new school with vast academic upgrades. Heck if I wasn't from here and was given a choice of DC over D'burg(just an example) it would be DC. I know MANY, MANY parents who attended D'burg and played sports there who now send their kids to DC. Also know of kids who are bussed to Jackson everyday to go to school. Things AREN'T like the days gone by for teams from diff. towns competing in sports.....you have AAU, travel baseball, which can go on year round. Like I said earlier my nephew plays ball in Dyersburg on a travel team....he is exposed to teams from Jackson, Memphis and other towns. It can be a choice and if for any reason..academics , sports, or what not, a parent feels it is better...well more power to them. Maybe this kids parents likes other things about DC.