Region 1 District 1 Single A

sportsfan93

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unaka's field is not any better than anybody else's. There is a freakin dandelion field in the outfield and the fence is warped. "Field of Dreams" yea right.

uhbaseball, you can talk about someone elses field, when you have one of your own, until then worry about getting out of your district, and advancing to the region, before North Greene wears you out!!!!!!!!

Unaka's field is not any better than anybody else's. There is a freakin dandelion field in the outfield and the fence is warped. "Field of Dreams" yea right.

When kept after, Unaka has one of the better fields in the area... And even when it isn't, Its still Head and Shoulders better than any other field in the district.

WoW thats the first ive heard of that option. Aren't districts suppose mean playing on an upgrade of fields. Oh yea i forgot it is for UH, NG, Hampton, and Cloudland especially.

Ng has a really nice field now.... new grass on the infield... a roller came in and flattened it... new dugouts.. the only thing missin is a backstop... their backstop does stink.... it wasnt finished when unaka came down to play them, but ask UH and cloudland, its pretty nice now.... unakas field is alright but i would choose the new and improved NG field over it anyday!

Ng has a really nice field now.... new grass on the infield... a roller came in and flattened it... new dugouts.. the only thing missin is a backstop... their backstop does stink.... it wasnt finished when unaka came down to play them, but ask UH and cloudland, its pretty nice now.... unakas field is alright but i would choose the new and improved NG field over it anyday!

any field is nice to cloudland thats possibly the worst field in the state up there, might as well go play at carter county american bout the same distance and less rocks in the infeild

You've never seen Unaka's feild in the post season. (You should try making it someday.) But when sub-state comes around, and it is worked on all week, Unaka's field is One of the best in either Regions 1A or 2A. Rockwood's is probably the only one better (except got the gravle warning track) andHarrimans and Oliver Spring's are fairly nice as well.

You've never seen Unaka's feild in the post season. (You should try making it someday.) But when sub-state comes around, and it is worked on all week, Unaka's field is One of the best in either Regions 1A or 2A. Rockwood's is probably the only one better (except got the gravle warning track) andHarrimans and Oliver Spring's are fairly nice as well.

I've seen all fields in this district. Unaka has the nicest facilities. Ng is closing in fast and if they do indeed get the backstop and the fences to enclose the field. I hear they are also planning cages and warmup areas for pitchers. When that happens, look out Unaka. Right now, the fields playing conditions are close, but Unaka's is short whereas NG's is 315 on the corners and appears about 375 in center, but I don't now. Unaka is much shorter.

BUT, until NG can start making it to the postseason again this argument doesn't matter. But I will have to say the last two years at NG have been better with the new coach. They are not in the play-in game and the field conditions and facilities are improving. Who remembers the dominance of the 80's and early 90's? Maybe they're are on a return?

But, until then I'd just like to see Region 1 go Farther in state!!! Any team. Good luck in the postseason.

I've seen all fields in this district. Unaka has the nicest facilities. Ng is closing in fast and if they do indeed get the backstop and the fences to enclose the field. I hear they are also planning cages and warmup areas for pitchers. When that happens, look out Unaka. Right now, the fields playing conditions are close, but Unaka's is short whereas NG's is 315 on the corners and appears about 375 in center, but I don't now. Unaka is much shorter.

BUT, until NG can start making it to the postseason again this argument doesn't matter. But I will have to say the last two years at NG have been better with the new coach. They are not in the play-in game and the field conditions and facilities are improving. Who remembers the dominance of the 80's and early 90's? Maybe they're are on a return?

But, until then I'd just like to see Region 1 go Farther in state!!! Any team. Good luck in the postseason.

Unaka is 320 all around, with double fence from right center to left center. But Who cares if its short? Its short for both teams... Heck, even AAA Tennessee High's field has the EXACT same deminsions...

But back to the point of the argument, why do the coaches of this District settle for playing the Districts at mediocre facilities? I mean the past 6 years, other than the two years they were at Milligan, the best field we have had districts is Unicoi County in 2003. This yar, we couldn't even get a freakin high school field! I think its kind of ridicules. Heck, even district 2A gets to play on a nice field.