How well will Independence's running game be next year?

IndyMan

I never said you couldn't have an opinion. You can have an opinion about anything you want and so can I. I usually try to back up my opinions with some actual facts though. And it looks like I can add BMOC to my resume now. Thanks for the title. I do think that Terone will get some wide receiver time this year also. I am far from a bandwagon poster. But if I have a greivance with a coach I choose not to air it on a forum, unlike you. That's the difference between us. Post all you want about anything you want, but if you make it personal with me, I can pull the gloves off and get personal back.

Threats now? Really? What's next? Black hand notes? And just how is this personal aside from you and others casting aspersions and such in my direction. Am I not to take such behavior as personal? Am I not supposed to reply in kind? Or am I supposed to just be 'chased' off the forum? I simply wanted to discuss the possibility of Independence repeating their success this year when they won't have the same set of circumstances as last year and all of this started. Oh well. I guess that's just how things go in here. What a place.

And your welcome for the new title. Glad to hear we agree on Shepperd warranting time at wideout. Hope it happens for the sake of whoever the QB happens to be.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Threats now? Really? What's next? Black hand notes? And just how is this personal aside from you and others casting aspersions and such in my direction. Am I not to take such behavior as personal? Am I not supposed to reply in kind? Or am I supposed to just be 'chased' off the forum? I simply wanted to discuss the possibility of Independence repeating their success this year when they won't have the same set of circumstances as last year and all of this started. Oh well. I guess that's just how things go in here. What a place.

And your welcome for the new title. Glad to hear we agree on Shepperd warranting time at wideout. Hope it happens for the sake of whoever the QB happens to be.

NO threats from me. You had no intentions of discussing anything except how Nick got srewed by the coaching staff and wasn't given a fair chance. Casting aspersions? You sound like an educated person. You sound like a teacher. Reply however you want. If you don't like how it is here then don't read it. I went a long time without posting and now I know why. Have fun at Indy this year.

NO threats from me. You had no intentions of discussing anything except how Nick got srewed by the coaching staff and wasn't given a fair chance. Casting aspersions? You sound like an educated person. You sound like a teacher. Reply however you want. If you don't like how it is here then don't read it. I went a long time without posting and now I know why. Have fun at Indy this year.

You can even decipher 'intentions' on this site? Amazing! And by the way, there were plenty of other good atheletes who got 'screwed' by the various coaching staffs at Independence over the years (Emory Martin would figure prominantly here). Nick Smith is just the latest example if that helps to clarify my 'intentions'.

And when you think about it, you can add Zach Cordelles' name there too. Who knows what he was told by Smith to get him to Independence. That kind of 'coaching', I'm sure, really helped develop his moral character.

I hope TNSPARTY does not mind me jumping on you. Do you really think that Coaches intentionally "screw" kids over? Unlike your job if the coach is unsuccessfull he will be fired and let go. Coaches play whoever gives the team the best chance to win. Case in point Independence under Emory ( who I love ) went 1-9 Cordell goes 7-4 and wins the Offenseive player of the year in the region. Under Heckman - they go to the state finals. The one common denominator here- Nick Smith served as a back up to all three. He was also given the opportunity to play in games with all three and only once ( Dickson Cnty) did he perform well.

I hope TNSPARTY does not mind me jumping on you. Do you really think that Coaches intentionally "screw" kids over? Unlike your job if the coach is unsuccessfull he will be fired and let go. Coaches play whoever gives the team the best chance to win. Case in point Independence under Emory ( who I love ) went 1-9 Cordell goes 7-4 and wins the Offenseive player of the year in the region. Under Heckman - they go to the state finals. The one common denominator here- Nick Smith served as a back up to all three. He was also given the opportunity to play in games with all three and only once ( Dickson Cnty) did he perform well.

Good point. An interesting observation. But please, don't presume to know my 'job' and what would or woudn't get me fired. Let's get away from these personal isuues if it's all all possible in this arena. Nice of you to ask another if they didn't mind you jumping on me, however. The defference to one party is an interesting part of this forum. Perhaps it's an attempt at civility. Not sure at this point. Interesting though.

You can even decipher 'intentions' on this site? Amazing! And by the way, there were plenty of other good atheletes who got 'screwed' by the various coaching staffs at Independence over the years (Emory Martin would figure prominantly here). Nick Smith is just the latest example if that helps to clarify my 'intentions'. And when you think about it, you can add Zach Cordelles' name there too. Who knows what he was told by Smith to get him to Independence. That kind of 'coaching', I'm sure, really helped develop his moral character.

Please stop with the drama queen act. The difference is that instead of posting it to a forum, most talk with the coaches personally. You tell me I am wrong in deciphering your intentions and then your last statement backs up what I said /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />. There are 22 starting positions and there will always be those that think that someone that isn't starting is better than someone that is. That's the way it goes. If someone doesn't like it they have options. They can talk to the coaches, quit or move. Football like life isn't always fair. Oh and I forgot the last option, you can come on a forum and complain about it.

Why would I care? Jump away. At least when you post something you back it up with stats and facts.

LOOK-- we are all love football here so lets remember that its high school football here - yes its a forum but cmon really lets get a grip over this Heckman /Smith stuff . . . . Look i coached the England national team and just happened to call thompson station home. i have no kids at INDY but adpoted them since the school is 1 mile from my house...I go out there on Friday for the love of the game the pure love of the game (high school kids playing for the love of it and for thier school pride ) also i go for the cummunity support and what a great way to spend a Friday with my family-- yes i wanna see INDY win but cmon realize its high school ball - as long as INDY plays hard on every snap i will be a supporter

LOOK-- we are all love football here so lets remember that its high school football here - yes its a forum but cmon really lets get a grip over this Heckman /Smith stuff . . . . Look i coached the England national team and just happened to call thompson station home. i have no kids at INDY but adpoted them since the school is 1 mile from my house...I go out there on Friday for the love of the game the pure love of the game (high school kids playing for the love of it and for thier school pride ) also i go for the cummunity support and what a great way to spend a Friday with my family-- yes i wanna see INDY win but cmon realize its high school ball - as long as INDY plays hard on every snap i will be a supporter

Thank you Overseascoach for the support. There is good community support overall. One that this fan is very proud to be a part of. Yes, these players play from hard from kickoff to the final buzzer on the clock. Yes, they do love the game for what it is and play for pride in school and their self. Yes, maybe with the hope of continuing it beyond HS added to their desire. From what I've seen the coaches do play the best players on friday night. They do make tough decisions that apparently hurt the feelings of some. Is that not what coaches are to do. Make the tough calls.

Tnsparty...all the best to you and your family. Thank you for your support over the past four years. It will be missed. I hope your son has great success at Campbellsville.

Thank you Overseascoach for the support. There is good community support overall. One that this fan is very proud to be a part of. Yes, these players play from hard from kickoff to the final buzzer on the clock. Yes, they do love the game for what it is and play for pride in school and their self. Yes, maybe with the hope of continuing it beyond HS added to their desire. From what I've seen the coaches do play the best players on friday night. They do make tough decisions that apparently hurt the feelings of some. Is that not what coaches are to do. Make the tough calls.

Tnsparty...all the best to you and your family. Thank you for your support over the past four years. It will be missed. I hope your son has great success at Campbellsville.

Thanks Nation. I will continue to support IHS football, but will have a new team to support also. It has been a challenging and fun 4 years. Lots of highs and lows. Helping start a program was tough, but with the help of a lot of people, IHS football was left in good standing. They have a good group of kids and coaches. The coaches do make decisions that upset some, but it has to be realized the decisions they make are for the betterment of the team not individuals. They make mistkes sometimes, like everyone else does. I have certainly questioned coaches decisions in the past, but not on the forum. Also thanks for the comment about my son going to Campbellsville to play football. We are excited at the opportunity for him. Unfortunately at this time though only 3 of the seniors have signed to play. Hopefully more will get the opportunity. There were some very talented players on last year's team.

You can even decipher 'intentions' on this site? Amazing! And by the way, there were plenty of other good atheletes who got 'screwed' by the various coaching staffs at Independence over the years (Emory Martin would figure prominantly here). Nick Smith is just the latest example if that helps to clarify my 'intentions'.

And when you think about it, you can add Zach Cordelles' name there too. Who knows what he was told by Smith to get him to Independence. That kind of 'coaching', I'm sure, really helped develop his moral character.

Good points are being brought up on both sides of this debacle. I will say in defense of Emory and Nick respectively that had Emory played QB in 06 they probably would have won the same number of games as they did, and Nick did come in and play the tougher part of the schedule with the exception of Centennial last season with the likes of MBA and Franklin.

And on a side note congrats party on the signing in your family. I look forward to hearing good things of him and Wayne Coffee from Centennial over the next few years up there in Kentucky.

And on a side note congrats party on the signing in your family. I look forward to hearing good things of him and Wayne Coffee from Centennial over the next few years up there in Kentucky.

Thanks Sleeper. Wayne and my boy played on the same team with the Cowboys. I talked to Wayne and he says he can't wait to have some blocking for a change. Wayne is a good kid and was a good running back without a lot of help in his career.