Top Coaches from the Mid State

MrNoitAll

Question: Is this list in ranking order from 1-20? If so I think the rankings should be looked at again based on actual performance at state. Also, you left off the coaches from JPII (who took a team from start up to 2nd in state in 2007 in the first 5 years of the programs existence as well as three state appearances) and the coach from Brentwood Academy who has also taken a couple of teams to state.

I dont think they are in any order

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Becky Faulk was a great coach. She was tough but the girls learned lots and worked hard. Granted she is in alabama now.

Jamie C at Brentwood is wonderful. She gets her girls to work well as a team and she is great with the parents. I know the girls really like working with her and give her their all.

Great question Cascade 11 I was going to do a topic on this one so here goes from MrNoitAll. These coaches are from the Mid State only!

1. Don Freundenthal--Ezell Harding more state titles than any coach in state!

2. Gary Davis-- Lipscomb--Has been to the state 7 times and won 2 or 3 times

3. Jeff Breeden--Riverdale--Has taken two different teams to the state. Never won but has been to the big dance.

4. Lee Phillips--Goodpasture--Enough said! Will win another one this year as well!

5. Phil Burkhart--Rossview--Has taken two different teams to state. Never won but also has been to the big dance.

6. Nancy Jackson--Creek Wood---Started a new program and has been to the big dance twice! One of the best female coaches in state!

7. Phil Davidson--Father Ryan---Has won the state and will have a great chance to do it again this year!

8. David Wood--Beech---Has been to the state.

9.Kacy Pedigo--MJ has finished second two years in a row.

10. Stephen Webb from Waverly--Has won a state championship!

11.Becky Cheatham from Forrest one of the best female coaches in the state!

12. Brentwood--Jamie Chiariello has been to the state two years in a row. Excellent coach!

13. Mike Caldwell-- Hume Fogg--Has taken two different teams to state!

14. Amy Stevens--Montery--Has taken her team to state once!

15. Shane Buchanan--Dickson County has won a state championship!

16. Erica Powell--Friendship Christian has been to state two straight years.

17. Julie Head---Greenbrier has won state and been to state several times before!

18. Bobby Wyrick of Summertown. 540 Victories, 22 District Championships, two final four appearences.

19. Stacy Swinea Davidson Academy 7 trips state 2runner-ups 1state championship

20. Andy Griffin--Hendersonville---Been to the state twice.

All of these coaches have one thing in common and that is that they all have been to state! I hope I have not left anyone off from the Mid State. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Cascade 11 I HAVE NOT IDEA WHO MrsKnownothing is!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Don't get me wrong but Breeden #3? No State Championships and #3 come on. Lee Phillips below Breeden you must be his assistant or do you want to be?

Don't get me wrong but Breeden #3? No State Championships and #3 come on. Lee Phillips below Breeden you must be his assistant or do you want to be?

If you have been around softball much and watched Breeden coach, you should know that he is big time and knows how to win games. He would probably make your team beat theirselves. Sorry if you don't agree.

If you have been around softball much and watched this man coach, you should know that he is big time and knows how to win games. He would probably make your team beat theirselves. Sorry if you don't agree.

With a name like yours who could ever disagree??? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Question: Is this list in ranking order from 1-20? If so I think the rankings should be looked at again based on actual performance at state. Also, you left off the coaches from JPII (who took a team from start up to 2nd in state in 2007 in the first 5 years of the programs existence as well as three state appearances) and the coach from Brentwood Academy who has also taken a couple of teams to state.

Listen, you are only as good as your travel ball programs during the summer. Everyone of these coaches have good travelball programs during the summer. Coach Breeden, I believe, coaches his own travelball team. You are only as good as the athletes that are given to you each year. There's an old saying, you can't squeeze blood from a turnip. Coffee county and Columbia are not as good as in years past. Why, did their coaches forget how to coach? They just don't have the talent as they have in the past.

LOL..forget which name you were logged on with?

Cascade11 I consider you a friend because we have friends that are friends! BUT I promise you this and I really think it is pretty funny because know one can figure out who I am. BUT I am only one person some of the other stuff you will have to watch out for but MrNOitAll is only one person, great idea but I am only going by MrNoitAll. Have a great day at the park and tell the folks in Bell Buckle MrNoitAll said hi! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Cascade11 I consider you a friend because we have friends that are friends! BUT I promise you this and I really think it is pretty funny because know one can figure out who I am. BUT I am only one person some of the other stuff you will have to watch out for but MrNOitAll is only one person, great idea but I am only going by MrNoitAll. Have a great day at the park and tell the folks in Bell Buckle MrNoitAll said hi! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Our team played Tullahoma Middle yesterday and I was disappointed that none of the 3 males on their staff introduced themself as MrNoitAll. I thought I had you figured out unless you were unsure as to who I was. If you were a member of that staff, we spoke after the game in the infield. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Our team played Tullahoma Middle yesterday and I was disappointed that none of the 3 males on their staff introduced themself as MrNoitAll. I thought I had you figured out unless you were unsure as to who I was. If you were a member of that staff, we spoke after the game in the infield. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Cascade11 the reason we may not have spoken was I was at a different game than you! Why do you think so many people want me to take off my mask? When I go to class and go to the bank I never wear it...I only put it on when I get on the computer. I will tell everyone who I am next year at the start of the season I promise! Well maybe I better not because then that would take all of the fun from it! The funny thing is that I am always at the park..and NO one has a clue that I am MrNoitAll!! So I hope to see you sometime soon because I will be in Bell Buckle to visit our friends! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

Great question Cascade 11 I was going to do a topic on this one so here goes from MrNoitAll. These coaches are from the Mid State only! 1. Don Freundenthal--Ezell Harding more state titles than any coach in state!2. Gary Davis-- Lipscomb--Has been to the state 7 times and won 2 or 3 times3. Jeff Breeden--Riverdale--Has taken two different teams to the state. Never won but has been to the big dance.4. Lee Phillips--Goodpasture--Enough said! Will win another one this year as well!5. Phil Burkhart--Rossview--Has taken two different teams to state. Never won but also has been to the big dance.6. Nancy Jackson--Creek Wood---Started a new program and has been to the big dance twice! One of the best female coaches in state!7. Phil Davidson--Father Ryan---Has won the state and will have a great chance to do it again this year!8. David Wood--Beech---Has been to the state.9.Kacy Pedigo--MJ has finished second two years in a row.10. Stephen Webb from Waverly--Has won a state championship!11.Becky Cheatham from Forrest one of the best female coaches in the state!12. Brentwood--Jamie Chiariello has been to the state two years in a row. Excellent coach!13. Mike Caldwell-- Hume Fogg--Has taken two different teams to state!14. Amy Stevens--Montery--Has taken her team to state once!15. Shane Buchanan--Dickson County has won a state championship!16. Erica Powell--Friendship Christian has been to state two straight years.17. Julie Head---Greenbrier has won state and been to state several times before!18. Bobby Wyrick of Summertown. 540 Victories, 22 District Championships, two final four appearences.19. Stacy Swinea Davidson Academy 7 trips state 2runner-ups 1state championship 20. Andy Griffin--Hendersonville---Been to the state twice.All of these coaches have one thing in common and that is that they all have been to state! I hope I have not left anyone off from the Mid State. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Cascade 11 I HAVE NOT IDEA WHO MrsKnownothing is!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Erica Powell has only been to state one year. This is only her second year at FCS.