RIVERDALE LADY WARRIORS

riverdaleman

Who acknowledged her as the best player in 11AAA?

Someone who was posting on here but let me change those words and say one of the best players in 11AAA but with the players from Hillsboro and some of the other schools in that District that certainly is subjective. There has been no doubt she has been a very good player and contributed highly to Indy's season record last year. Others will try to provide better description but to be fair to the player, it might be better to let time past and future actions, dictate how that senario might play out.

Facts are and the question was, is this the same player that played at Indy last year? And it was verified that she was. Nobody that I know of really knew but they thought they might and she has transferred. Likely some others may have had some inside information and it was the reason for the questioning. Any accolades spoken by myself were second hand also. Others, at times, took issue with the whole situation . Others will express their thoughts this poster is sure. As with other situations with transfers on this Forum, there will be a wide range of thought. Rules are made to go by and if the player and her parents wanted to transfer and followed the rules, the player then transferred. For this to happen and to go thru the procedure, it likely started some time back. Other parents at Indy expressed some dismay so this is not surprising. This poster has gone on record, at times with dismay, at transferring and thought things at Indy had been covered to allow the player to continue to play.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone who was posting on here but let me change those words and say one of the best players in 11AAA but with the players from Hillsboro and some of the other schools in that District that certainly is subjective. There has been no doubt she has been a very good player and contributed highly to Indy's season record last year. Others will try to provide better description but to be fair to the player, it might be better to let time past and future actions, dictate how that senario might play out.

Facts are and the question was, is this the same player that played at Indy last year? And it was verified that she was. Nobody that I know of really knew but they thought they might and she has transferred. Likely some others may have had some inside information and it was the reason for the questioning. Any accolades spoken by myself were second hand also. Others, at times, took issue with the whole situation . Others will express their thoughts this poster is sure. As with other situations with transfers on this Forum, there will be a wide range of thought. Rules are made to go by and if the player and her parents wanted to transfer and followed the rules, the player then transferred. For this to happen and to go thru the procedure, it likely started some time back. Other parents at Indy expressed some dismay so this is not surprising. This poster has gone on record, at times with dismay, at transferring and thought things at Indy had been covered to allow the player to continue to play.

Thanks for the clarification.

RD, this player was acknowledged as the best player in 11AAA and many thought she could play Division I next year. Certainly, 7AAA might play a different type of Basketball than 11AAA and time will tell. Losing Clark hurt but this player will not hurt you in the least. I'm not sure where the other player came from but she likely is a transfer also. Looks like RDale is loaded once you get the players playing together. Pretty good, got a coach and maybe two transfers.

But I think you know, going thru that meatgrinder of round robin in 7AAA, a team cannot have too many players and some of those venues you have to go play in are some of the toughest in the state. You will still have to play very well and hope you get out of there without being beaten.

I saw the Riverdale team at the UT camp yesterday. Having followed IHS the last two years the 2 transfers are both from last year's IHS team. Jaclissa Haislip #20, Ashely Holt #11. Both can play no matter what classification of basketball you want to talk about. Some current RD girls just lost court time.

I saw the Riverdale team at the UT camp yesterday. Having followed IHS the last two years the 2 transfers are both from last year's IHS team. Jaclissa Haislip #20, Ashely Holt #11. Both can play no matter what classification of basketball you want to talk about. Some current RD girls just lost court time.

you see it as they lost court time as see it as we added depth...and i see it a a way to help other girls get better when there is someone on the team that is really good others on the team step up so that they get playing time...whiile they was at segiel and blackman last week i didnt hear any complaining all i heard was a lot of happy parents even parents whose kid may have lost some court time...i really do like the additions to o ur team ashley is all over the place and Jaclissa can shoot from anywhere so they should be a GREAT addition to our team

GO LADY WARRIORS

#11's name is actually Ashley Lott, not Holt.

you see it as they lost court time as see it as we added depth...and i see it a a way to help other girls get better when there is someone on the team that is really good others on the team step up so that they get playing time...whiile they was at segiel and blackman last week i didnt hear any complaining all i heard was a lot of happy parents even parents whose kid may have lost some court time...i really do like the additions to o ur team ashley is all over the place and Jaclissa can shoot from anywhere so they should be a GREAT addition to our team

GO LADY WARRIORS

Here are the results of the Lady Warriors games at UT this week. Overall, the girls played really well.

Day 1:

Defeated a team from Rockford, Illinois by 5.

Lost to a team from Indiana by 2 in OT.

Day 2:

Defeated a team from Forrest, Mississippi by 31.

Defeated an AAU team from Atlanta, GA by 20.

Defeated a team from Indiana by 22.

Day 3:

Defeated a team from Pennsylvania by 30.

When one considers the fact this team has been playing 2 to 3 games each day for the past 6 days straight and can still find it within them to post whopping double digit wins is a testament to the quality depth this team possesses.

GO LADY WARRIORS

I resent this statement. How do you know that current RD girls just lost court time? Are you the one who will be assigning playing time? I don't think so. Until #20, and #11 produce in a game that counts(not summer camp), we don't know what way the chips will fall. Being a RHS supporter, I hope they are phenomenal, but keep in mind Riverdale has a gold ball in girls basketball, not just a District (11AAA) title.

I resent this statement. How do you know that current RD girls just lost court time? Are you the one who will be assigning playing time? I don't think so. Until #20, and #11 produce in a game that counts(not summer camp), we don't know what way the chips will fall. Being a RHS supporter, I hope they are phenomenal, but keep in mind Riverdale has a gold ball in girls basketball, not just a District (11AAA) title.

Independence has not won a District title, nor have they played in a championship game. Just fyi.

Did not mean to offend, just wanted to emphasize the quality of these two players. Someone in an earlier post questioned whether they can play in 7AAA. Enjoy your season.

Haislip is AWESOME and yes she did take someones place but will only make team better. Basketball is a TEAM sport and Maxwell will make sure everyone knows that. Lott did not play that much last year but when she did get on the court...she really can hustle. Glad to see she is still getting better. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Everyone get ready at Riverdale for another trip to state!

Haislip is AWESOME and yes she did take someones place but will only make team better. Basketball is a TEAM sport and Maxwell will make sure everyone knows that. Lott did not play that much last year but when she did get on the court...she really can hustle. Glad to see she is still getting better. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Everyone get ready at Riverdale for another trip to state!

I really don't know how to take this. Being a RHS supporter, where we have won many state championships, I think we understand that basketball, football, volleyball, soccer, softbal, etc. are all TEAM SPORTS. My point is I think someone may be putting too much pressure on a young lady who really hasn't doneanything at RHS yet. Allow us to get to know this player.