Oak Ridge streak in trouble

yellowdog

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fbwiz

evidently,you don't know your football.look in "football time in tenn".what you will notice is the absence of oak ridge talent.furthermore,i can promise you the ridgerrrrrs will fail to make the play-offs.s.d.,mcminn co.,the govs and the mighty owls will keep the lowly ridgerrrrrs from the play-offs again.finally,if the administration doesn't act quickly to resolve the conflict,oak ridge football will be much like karns,cambell co.etc...don't get me wrong.there is some great talent in this area,and i hope the program is saved by a new leader.i really miss them coming down from the hill with fire in their eyes.for know,that's gone.

FBWIZ, you are wrong concerning your repeated claim that Oak Ridge players lack talent based on an absence of players on an apparent list in, "football time in tenn". You have made this bash on Oak Ridge kids at least three times before. What you want everybody on this board to believe is if any high school has no players on this list then they lack talent. I doubt very seriously even the publishers of Football Time in Tennessee would agree with you on this one. I also doubt any fan of any school not represented on the list would agree with you. But you are entitled to your arrogant opinion. As to you claim that if something is not done by the administration that Oak Ridge will become like Karns and Campbell County, that is another foolish prediction. In another message you even said Oak Ridge would become like Karns and Campbell County by the year 2004. People on these boards laugh at you when you make prediction such as this. By the way, I doubt Karns and Campbell County fans appreciate how you throw their names around on these boards. I know I think it is in poor taste.

By the way, why do you have to bash the players? It is unseemly for an adult to bash high school age players.

Fbwiz wrote: ""i really miss them coming down from the hill with fire in their eyes.for know,that's gone"

Another laugh out loud at this statement. When did you look into the eyes of the Oak Ridge players as they came down the hill? You are such an expert on Oak Ridge players that you know when there is fire and not fire? LOL

Again it is unseemly for an adult to fixate negatively on high school players. Somewhere in the past an Oak Ridger probably hurt you in some fashion. Take it out on the adults in Oak Ridge and not the Wildcat players.

Hey Catpack :)

You apparently have an admirer in fbwiz based on his titling a previous message, "Catpack is right." This should give you cause for pause (or should I saw "paws" hehehehe). I understand where you and Catwatch are coming from and I respect what you are trying to accomplish in Oak Ridge.

However, when a person (fbwiz) who has repeatedly bashed Oak Ridge players on these boards starts using your messages as a jump off point for more Oak Ridge player bashing, I think a serious problem is developing.

You and I know very well that for the most part Oak Ridge Football is respected across this state. We also know Oak Ridge Football has some haters as well. We should not allow the Oak Ridge haters to use our passionate views for Oak Ridge Football against us.

How can we do this? I do not know the complete answer but I think a start would be to make it clear that negative messages about the players on the team is totally unacceptable. The Oak Ridge fans and coaches are fair game but the kids are not to be subject for ridicule.

Once again, I support your strong feelings toward Oak Ridge football and wish you all the best. Best of luck to the Wildcats and I'll try to get to some OR games but having recently moved to Red Bank will limit the number.

Oh, I would also like to take the time to thank the Gallatin fan for the comments he has made about Oak Ridge football from time to time on these boards. Friendly rivalries make for fun times.

~~Take care and go Red Bank :)

Steve Palmer

WILLIETHEWILDCAT THANK YOU! I am glad you made your posts. I would give you a good mark if I had one. No one I know or respect has said anything but positive comments to say about the fine players in Oak Ridge. The seniors this year have not lost a ballgame in years going back to Middle School. It is very unfortunate so many of the seniors from that talented group are not playing this year for what ever reason. I do know for a fact if there had been different leadership this group of kids would still be intact.

The many people[they claim it is few] who are upset about the situation don't make excuses about the kids talent just the "COACHING"!

Good luck Cats!

Guest fbwiz

first,your argument is fallacious.not only once,but throughout all your posts you attack me not my argument.that really shows your of lack intelligence.to assisst you,this fallacy is called the strawman fallacy.also,there are three other fallacies in your argument.sorry,i dont't have time to teach you--educate yourself concerning this matter.having said that,if any oak ridge players are reading this,i hope you disregard williethecat's claim that i'm belittling you and i hate you because you attend oak ridge.however,you don't need this kind of apeasing.this year's team has got a big challenge in front of them.but if you think "team" and take no support from those who rub you on the back and try to tell you everything will be o.k. by putting an oak ridge uniform then your season can be a pleasurable and memorable one.good luck wildcats.

Here are a couple of samples from old posts(February):

One of the biggest reasons there is so much controversy a

Oak Ridge at this point is the players know who works hard

every practice, do the things needed to contribute and they

don't respect who is pulling the strings.

There have been many players over the last three years who

could and should have helped this program but were unfairly

left on the sideline watching when they should have been on

the field.

I appreciate you steering this thread toward a positive

discussion of the players and I will always support the kids

because they are what this game is all about...somewhere

along the way someone in charge has it backwards.

fbwiz wrote, "if any oak ridge players are reading this,i hope you disregard williethecat's claim that i'm belittling you and i hate you because you attend oak ridge"

Okay, fbwiz, I think we can come to an agreement here if you keep your word. This means you cannot continue to post messages that says the Oak Ridge players no longer come down the hill with fire in their eyes. Nor will you be able to post that the Oak Ridge players are not team oriented. Both are statements you have made on these boards and both statements are personal attacks on the integrity, desire, and commitment of Oak Ridge players. I will add, that both of your statements are false and made with zero supporting evidence.

Bash the oak Ridge fans and coaches but lay off the kids is all that is being asked.

Guest fbwiz

though i don't agree with you completely,i'm glad you attacked my argument instead of me.honestly,i hope oak ridge will save their football program.it has been a darn good one for 30yrs.i'm from jefferson county.in the 80s we had a great program.however,in the late 80s talent was thin in the underclassmen,and when they became jr's & sr's they could not live up to the expectations of the coaches and fans.this caused a snowball effect.the #'s fell by half,and everybody was blamming the players'.nevertheless,the coaching staff stayed intact,which is by no means a bad thing,but these coaches took out their frustration on the players'.the program has yet to recover.they did however field a pretty good team in 96.but let's be honest;they were very lucky to make it to the championship game.they beat a very good oak ridge team in the semi-finals.the ridgers didn't take them serious.if they would have,they would in all likelyhood won the championship.in closing allow me to share a little good news.jeff.co. hired a very good coach,scott meadows.also,they have some excellent talent in the soph.and jr.level.watch for them to surprize people this yr.oh,this fire i'm talking about is the enthusiasm that the ridgers'possessed when they played the pats.in the play-offs (93,97,98,99)even though we were beaten badly,oak ridge made each game an exciting one.